Wine .PET

Please post any bugs you have found
bark_bark_bark

Wine .PET

#1 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I hope it's not me. I installed Wine the correct way, but I have a problem loading .exe files... they don't load.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Rt-clk any executable you'd like Wine to run and set it's run action. Try again..

davids45

#3 Post by davids45 »

G'day,

Could be a wine installation problem. Or .sfs. Are you using a Full or Frugal Pup?
Which version of wine (which .sfs or .pet - green-dome's all work for me) and which Pup?

In the Utility menu, do you see a number of basic windows-like programs appear as options after you have wine apparently running?

How many .exe programs have you tried - some will not run but many will, particularly with the later wine version pets/sfs.

Make sure you add the correct gecko engine (now with a .msi extension) to /usr/share/wine/gecko as some programs need this once the set-up process is actually running.

David S.

bark_bark_bark

#4 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I used the .pet, yes i see the items in the utility, I tried firefox.

But firefox now works, same as flash player (installing through install missing plugins) and Java. I like the Windows version of firefox better.

So now I got it to load .exe files. Now I heard you can use windows visual styles (am I right), so I tried loading an official xp visual style but it didn't work (and I know it doesn't need a uxtheme.dll patch). What am I doing wrong?

Artie

#5 Post by Artie »

Can someone point me to the latest version of a wine pet/sfs please?

Makoto

#6 Post by Makoto »

Keep an eye on this post - green_dome keeps it up-to-date with all the recent stable and development packages, more or less.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

Artie

#7 Post by Artie »

Thanks I must have missed that thread in my search.