Music2Go Pup! - A Puppy for doing some music

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
darkcity

#41 Post by darkcity »

Just seen this - great work.

I haven't compiled Ardour2! capicoso takes the credit if your referring to this version-
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=78007

I had problems because I think he compile with different stdc++

----

Need new harddrive or/and burn some off, as I'm currently limit in what pups I can test.

----

Will work more on Qtractor and Jackd when I have time, also will add mime types etc. Would like to see native linux music pup.

:twisted:

---

BTW version numbering would be great as it will make tracking any problems much easier. This is the third music2go and the second final, all with same name.

Smithy

#42 Post by Smithy »

Oops, I meant Audacity 2. Gave that a nasty time to get it to crash, so far seems solid.

I didn't put Capicoso Ardour in because it puts things all over the place, places I don't know, and wanted to make sure that absolutely everything, internet, video and THD accessories would still remain functional.

But I do recall that it works very very well in this version, stable for audio, record audio in broadcast wave format etc, but my knowledge of native midi instrument plugins is scant, and will leave it until some expert can put it all together wash and go style.

Capicoso Jack 018 compile is in there, and that is cracking, should be a perfect router for native stuff and is very good with wineasio.

As regards the earlier m2go versions, all the other ones are dead, they were on the operating table for hours, but they gave out. I had a funeral for them in the yard.
This one has been stripped down to avoid duplication, too many drum modules, thought it would be best if musicians decide what they wanted to put in, so just left a 32mb Soundfont for bread and butter sounds, one good multitimbral sampler/drum/sf2 player, a good synth, a couple of good guitar amps, a donationware soundfont prog, (give him some love!) and concentrated on the relationship between Jack, the Puppy Sound System and Multiple Soundcards.

It's quite a trick getting one soundcard to just deliver midi and another one to deal with audio over usb, and THD is the only one able to do this, don't know why, but it works sweet with no glitches or hiccups.

So it's not just a case of shoving alsa 1.0.24.2 in a distro,
(other distros have it in there now, and it is still broken for multiple sound) there is something else going on...

darkcity

#43 Post by darkcity »

So it's not just a case of shoving alsa 1.0.24.2 in a distro,
(other distros have it in there now, and it is still broken for multiple sound) there is something else going on...
I will look into this when I have a chance. there seemed to be some confusion regard using what

cat /proc/asound/version

returns and the actual number.

joaquinotero

Issues with MUsic2go

#44 Post by joaquinotero »

Hi, great work, just some issues here.
Cant get Podium starting, Wavosaur is the same thing, and reaper doesn't appear just like the screenshots you posted on the website.

I hope you can help.

Thanks a lot for your work.

Smithy

#45 Post by Smithy »

Hi Joaquinotero.

1. Did you get this file? Wavosaur needs it to run.
Details of this 5 posts above this one

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc42
mfc42.dll
Click on download Zip File not DLL Fixer.

Unzip and drop in wine/system 32 folder. 900kb.

See if Wavosaur comes up after doing that.

2. I removed Reaper 'cos it seemed a little glitchy at times, but if you want that version back, (v0.99) I still have that setup which can be put back in easily. There are trialware versions of the latest at reaper.com

3. What's the issue with Podium? Won't even start?

If you click on Jack Asio on the desktop, then SETUP/input device, output device, what sound card/s does it say you have?

P.S It would be good if you can run puppy with pfix= ram on bootup to avoid any confusion whilst you test.

joaquinotero

#46 Post by joaquinotero »

Smithy wrote: 3. What's the issue with Podium? Won't even start?

If you click on Jack Asio on the desktop, then SETUP/input device, output device, what sound card/s does it say you have?

P.S It would be good if you can run puppy with pfix= ram on bootup to avoid any confusion whilst you test.
Hey Smithy, thanks for your reply. Podium is working now, thanks a lot.

Odessea

#47 Post by Odessea »

Hello. Who have iso share it please.
Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks in advance!

ally

#48 Post by ally »

hey odessa

I did upload it to the archive.org puppy linux collection but was asked to remove it by smithy

I would suggest you contact him and ask if it's ok to get a copy (I can re-upload it for you)

:)

Smithy

#49 Post by Smithy »

Hi Odessa, well music2go was ok, I might have an iso of it archived on a dvd somewhere but I deleted all puppies a while back, and just have wheezy 3.5.2.11.

I must have had about 50 puppies on my drive and it was doing my head in!

It was basically three headed dog with wine, wineasio, podium and some vst plugins, so it would be very easy to create if you needed to.

But then I moved on to Wheezy, because I wanted to try out a pure(ish) Linux DAW, called Qtractor by Rui Cappello.

(I am still trying to work out how to make a qtractor pet from a pile of debs, but it is difficult, because I lost my list of the exact debs that are needed to have a perfectly functioning Qtractor In Wheezy Puppy).

Now that is a great program that you could try out, it is quite solid, a little clunky in places, but doesn't crash and is being developed. And some of the plugins are also very good.

I just noticed that Announcer is mentioning his Studio 1337 being available gratis, so you might want to try that, as his stuff is technically better than my kludgy attempts!

His builds are what you want if you need to achieve low latency, they feature a realtime kernel. They also have wine, so you could add podium to that.

If you really want to try it, p.m me and I will try and dig out the one that wasn't bust, but I can't offer support and stuff.

ally

#50 Post by ally »

Smithy, as above I still have the file which I can upload again, just removed as requested

puppy studios here: http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_PuppyStudio

:)

Odessea

#51 Post by Odessea »

Hi! Unfortunately, the fact that I am relatively new person in Linux ( 1.5 years), does not allow me to fully appreciate the capabilities of the native software. My home workstation - Debian Wheezy (Tango Studio + KXStudio repos), and I must confess that most of my time does not take composing process, but the constant struggle with emerging problems. Maybe my inexperience affects, or maybe Linux still is not suitable for professional works. My favorite DAWs are SunVox and Podium Free, but I don't want to come back to MS Windows, as in all other aspects Linux satisfies me entirely. All I want is small optimized distr as the second operating system exclusively for composing.

Thank you for attention!

Smithy

#52 Post by Smithy »

Ok, I get what you are saying dealing with emerging problems, rather than actually getting a tune going! I think music2go did that.

If Ally doesn't mind putting it up or sending you a link that would be good.
I seem to remember it was pretty stable. It is only a test thing for musos though, not like a big wallawumba league puppy linux intended for mass consumption.

ally

#53 Post by ally »

Odessea

#54 Post by Odessea »

Thank you, guys! It seems that this is exactly what I needed.

Pelo

it's much harder with free CDS

#55 Post by Pelo »

I change my mind , puppystudio 3.2. iso downloading, just to check
Music2Go Pup seems too big..
I don't really find what i need. Newest CDs playlist are easily listing titles, but it's much harder with free CDS (included usually in a package with a book)
And what i want, i'am a little guilty, is to playlist my fifty audio tapes....
Music2Go Pup available archives.org, alors allons y aussi. Merci Ally.(500KB/second, its not boring, 5 minutes will be enough)
For people watching me downloading 'old' ISO, i have only one criteria : it fills my needs or not. Newest Puppies equipped 64bits and kernels just issued often fail to install anything, either too old, or even not yet created, as 64 bits applications.
Attachments
tino.jpg
This one was bought, i am speaking about mines, registered song by song.
(7.31 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

i will get some fun with Music2Go.

#56 Post by Pelo »

Madre de Dios ! (damned) i will get some fun (or nervous breakdown) with Music2Go.
My computer was born end of february 2012, but hardware does not fit with firmware of Music2Go, so I changed the kernel to 3.0.25 (from Racy 5.3). Ah, wireless connection is established, I add Firefox from my tool case. here I am.
Based on Three Headed Dog, a puppy which was running fine, in its youth..
Music 2go pup, hum.. is not as full featured as ... the other one

hamoudoudou

A new version based on Artfulpup was just issued

#57 Post by hamoudoudou »

A new version based on Artfulpup was just issued and is classified in artfulpup in archives.org
Topic by Smithy.
Download failed Will try again, but later, after reading comments.