Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Oct 2014, 18:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
KDPUP = KDE 3.5.10 + dpup 484 beta 4
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 14 of 16 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Gnuxo

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun 2012, 13:26    Post_subject:  

Scsijon, whose working on qtpup is developing the razorqt-kwin for his upcoming Pup.

If you have questions about it, you should ask him. Perhaps you two can collaborate.
saintless

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun 2012, 15:31    Post_subject:  

Thanks, Gnuxo,
I'm not sure if I can be of real help for the developer but who knows...
I will do some testing of this alpha QTpup.

bohocmasni

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 09:46    Post_subject:    

I tried frugal install this kdpup-lite but didnt work, didnt found main sfs file in directory. how can I show the place of file from init-ram console? and how can I change main sfs location before booting?
saintless

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:57    Post_subject:  

bohocmasni wrote:
I tried frugal install this kdpup-lite but didnt work, didnt found main sfs file in directory. how can I show the place of file from init-ram console? and how can I change main sfs location before booting?

It is strange... I haven't tried the light version but with the full version on a different computer I had a message from Puppy universal installer it can not find the files on CD-Rom drive. To solve this I had to show the path to the files manual. As far as I remember you can simple open the CD-Rom and drug and drop the initrd or vmlinuz file from there to the path asking window. This should be enough to solve this problem.

You can also copy manual the files after you boot the live CD and then you can change grub menu list. I prefer to do this because it takes less time than Universal installer process.

To change the SFS location before booting you can type E when grub menu list appear. Then you can change the path to the file by hitting E again and Enter. Then you can boot the edited grub entry with B.

bohocmasni

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:48    Post_subject:  

P. e. when I boot from lupus live CD I can type "puppy pupsfs=sdb1:/OS kdpup/kdpup/kdpup-484.sfs" ( or st similar ), and it works ( with lupus kernel? )

I think if I could give sfs-s name and location with hand... What file 'knows' kdpup-484.sfs-s name? Because it search this file so one of files knows this name...

( I tried this way frugal install this way, and I dont want to sacrifice a CD. )

( H is GRUB is same the other pups GRUB (qtpuppy, macpup), and they work with this settings: )
Code:
 rootnoverify (hd1,0)
  kernel /OS/kdpup/vmlinuz psubdir=/OS/kdpup/ pmedia=atahd nosmp
  initrd /OS/kdpup/initrd.gz
saintless

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:59    Post_subject:  

bohocmasni wrote:
P. e. when I boot from lupus live CD I can type "puppy pupsfs=sdb1:/OS kdpup/kdpup/kdpup-484.sfs" ( or st similar ), and it works ( with lupus kernel? )

I don't know what should be the boot code this way, but you can extract the files from the iso with IsoMaster.
Here is my working grub menu entry for KDPup-484 the full version.
Look for the right name of the main SFS for the lite version when you extract the iso and replace it in my example code:
Code:
title Puppy Linux 484 frugal in sda1 dir puppy484
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
kernel /puppy484/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd psubdir=puppy484 nosmp
initrd /puppy484/initrd.gz
boot

bohocmasni

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun 2012, 16:29    Post_subject:    

don't help Sad

That's annoying, i can't find out where is fault. Other puplets work, and this works also when i try with lucid puppys kernel. Sad

( and md5 is also good Smile)

new idea: did you try in ntfs filesystem? it's possible that ntfs and minus sign in the name don't like each other
saintless

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jun 2012, 08:06    Post_subject:  

bohocmasni wrote:
new idea: did you try in ntfs filesystem? it's possible that ntfs and minus sign in the name don't like each other

I have KDPup frugal install on vfat and ext partition. I don't have NTFS.

dejan555

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun 2012, 06:20    Post_subject:  

bohocmasni, you should be able to just click iso to mount it, then copy files from it to kdpup subdir and it should work with grub example like saintless posted, try putting subdir on the root of partition.

Gnuxo

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun 2012, 20:21    Post_subject:  

HI, quick question.

Since this is a kde pup, will it use Kmplayer and kpart to stream without flash?

It would make sense to do that instead of gnome mplayer, and gecko-mediaplayer right?
saintless

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun 2012, 20:57    Post_subject:  

Gnuxo wrote:
HI, quick question.

Since this is a kde pup, will it use Kmplayer and kpart to stream without flash?

It would make sense to do that instead of gnome mplayer, and gecko-mediaplayer right?

Testing the squeezy debian packages kmplayer and kpart gives me
Code:
this error when I try to start kmplayer:
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkde3support.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can choose to download kmplayer from PPM but the download there gives an error.
I suppose it is a dependencies issue to make it work.

Gnuxo

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun 2012, 23:31    Post_subject:  

Well, here's the pkgs entry for kmplayer for squeeze.

Scroll down for the full dep list. If any deps are missing, pkgs has them.

http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/kmplayer_0.11.2b-1+b1_i386.deb.html

I wonder how difficult it would be to backport a newer version of Kmplayer.

The newest is 0.11.3c? That's not a giant leap. I think some stuff from the wheezy repos could get that working. Pkgs has everything.
saintless

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun 2012, 07:51    Post_subject:  

Gnuxo wrote:
Pkgs has everything.

Not in this case I'm afraid Smile
Most of the needed dependencies are not in this link. Take a look:
Code:
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkparts.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkio.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkdeui.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkdecore.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libsolid.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkmediaplayer.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libkpty.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libnepomuk.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libnepomukutils.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libstreamanalyzer.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libattica.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# kmplayer
kmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libdbusmenu-qt.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#         

I don't have time to install all dependencies one by one and to look for the next missing. I will do it faster if I apt-get kmplayer in Debian Live CD and get all needed dependencies at once.

Gnuxo

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun 2012, 14:00    Post_subject:  

The abbreviations of deps don't usually properly explain where they come from.

For instance, libkparts: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libkparts4_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libsolid: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libsolid4_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libkio: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libkio5_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libkdeui: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libkdeui5_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libkdecore: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libkdecore5_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libkmediaplayer: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libkmediaplayer4_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libkpty: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libkpty4_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libnepomuk: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libnepomuk4_4.4.5-2+squeeze3_i386.deb.html

Libnepomukutils: http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-11.04/ubuntu-main-i386/libnepomukutils4_4.6.2-0ubuntu4_i386.deb.html

Libstreamanalyzer: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libstreamanalyzer0_0.7.2-1+b1_i386.deb.html

Libattica: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libattica0_0.1.4-1_i386.deb.html

Libdbusmenu-qt2: http://pkgs.org/debian-squeeze/debian-main-i386/libdbusmenu-qt2_0.5.1-1_i386.deb.html

I hope this makes things easier for you. All of these packages are from pkgs.org.

I posted their entries, so that you can make sure you have all the necessary dependencies of the dependencies, but I mostly just saw libqt for most of them. Hope I helped.
saintless

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun 2012, 15:58    Post_subject:  

Sorry, Gnuxo, this is a dead end Sad
After getting 82 Mb of dependencies archives and 210 Mb of real hard disk space used I got this message:
Code:
# kmplayer
kmplayer: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libkde3support.so.4)
kmplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5)
kmplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstreamanalyzer.so.0)
kmplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstreams.so.0)

I don't think kmplayer will be a better option than using flash at least for KDPup. Maybe older version of kmplayer will be easier to install but the latest one from Debian squeezy packages is not a good idea.
The packages I got with apt-get from Debian Live CD are for Kmplayer V 0.11.2b and KDE 4.4.5. KDPup has KDE 3.5.

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 14 of 16 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum