Dillo - Browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Tman

#81 Post by Tman »

I forgot to mention earlier that if you click on the logo on the start-page, it will take you straight to the murga forum.

Eyes-Only; it's good to here that you find it to be useful.

Jasper,
I didn't actually look at the dillorc file until after reading your post, so thanks for the info. You made some good changes, so I implemented some of them to the previous dillo-2.20-custom pet (I kept the name the same). Also the home button now goes back to the start page instead of to dillo.org.

I tried aragon's latest compile for dillo-3.0.2-1.
So far it hasn't given me any problems, so I modified it in almost the same way as version 2.20-custom. Acutally, I think it's a little bit better, so feel free to get it -> here if you like.
It has an additional feature to close tabs when you right-click over them. ( Press CTRL-t to open a new tab or middle mouse-click over a link to open it in a new tab ).
Thanks to aragon for compiling dillo. I use it often for browsing through the Murga forum.

Jasper

#82 Post by Jasper »

Hi aragon and Tman,

Thank you both. I have opted for the latest version.

I expect Lobster is aware of this and I hope he likes it.

My regards

Tman

#83 Post by Tman »

Tman wrote:
I tried aragon's latest compile for dillo-3.0.2-1.
So far it hasn't given me any problems, so I modified it in almost the same way as version 2.20-custom.
I spoke to soon. I'm getting errors when trying to download pets through the forum with version 3.0.2-1. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often. I don't know if I messed it up, or it was that way to begin with, but I am removing dillo-3.0.2-1-custom.pet for now. I will reupload it if I manage to fix the issue.

Digital_Dissident

Dillo in Repos

#84 Post by Digital_Dissident »

I see listed in the repos:

- "puppy-slacko": Dillo 3.0
- "slackware-13.37-slacky": Dillo 2.2

How do these compare?

Current version of Dillo is 3.0.2

Lazy JW

#85 Post by Lazy JW »

Dingo wrote:dillo-3.0-i486-lucid.pet For Puppy 5.2.5
- direct download

compiled with ssl and ipv6....
I've been trying to figure out how to get Dillo to work with ssl and I found this version. I have downloaded it, but do not know how to install it.

When I click on File it takes me to ~ which has the little icon that reads "dillo-3.0-i486-lucid". I then left-click on the icon and get a little box that reads "Would you like to: Create a new archive, or Add to an existing archive?"

I have no clue how to proceed. I have installed and am using Dillo-3.0.1-lucid528.pet. It works ok but does not have the ssl enabled (which is my goal), so thought I would try the one I just found.

The downloads that have the suffix .pet are simple to install.

I am running Lucid 528.005.
Thanks,
Joe

jpeps

#86 Post by jpeps »

Maybe a corrupted download. I tried the link, and it downloaded the pet.

Lazy JW

#87 Post by Lazy JW »

Ok, I deleted the download and downloaded it again. It calls it dillo-3.0-i486-lucid.gz.

When I left-click on it, a box comes up that reads Do you want to decompress /root/dillo-3.0-i486-lucid.gz? (it will decompress in current location and the original file will be deleted) Yes/No.

Pressing "Yes" causes it to change into dillo-3.0-i486-lucid (without any suffix at all) and I am back to the same situation mentioned in my previous post.

I then tried clicking on it and creating a new archive, even though I have no clue what that does. I did succeed in creating a new file in root called somename.tar.gz. I'm pretty sure that accomplished nothing useful, I hope it is not detrimental.

At any rate, it refuses to download as a .pet. I have downloaded and installed several other .pets and they went flawlessly, but they did download showing the .pet suffix.
Not sure what to do at this point.
Joe

Lazy JW

#88 Post by Lazy JW »

I just went back to the download link and it shows that it is named dillo-3.0-i486-lucid.gz. It does NOT show the .pet suffix.
What am I doing wrong?

jpeps

#89 Post by jpeps »

Very strange..I'm using your posted "direct download" link..it downloads dillo-3.0-i486-lucid.pet. I wonder if the name isn't getting changed by your downloader. Maybe try manually changing the name. It has to be the same file.

RSH

#90 Post by RSH »

Hi.

How is this?

Downloaded, installed and Works in LazY Puppy.

Attached.

RSH
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

Keef

#91 Post by Keef »

That file does indeed have a .gz suffix when I try it.
If you rename it to .pet, it will install.

jpeps

#92 Post by jpeps »

Keef wrote:That file does indeed have a .gz suffix when I try it.
If you rename it to .pet, it will install.

What are you downloading it with? From dillo, it's "d88e1b9d1b162e20f4cd9ba5fa7bc6f6" :)

Keef

#93 Post by Keef »

Opera-next on Wary 5,3.
The pet itself is no use to me, just curious that's all...

Ahh, see what you mean - same here. Clicking on it though, brings up the save dialogue, and the file is a .gz.

jpeps

#94 Post by jpeps »

Keef wrote:Opera-next on Wary 5,3.
The pet itself is no use to me, just curious that's all...

Ahh, see what you mean - same here. Clicking on it though, brings up the save dialogue, and the file is a .gz.
Interesting, since a pet is .gz file. I don't know why it doesn't keep the original name, though.

Lazy JW

#95 Post by Lazy JW »

RSH wrote:Hi.

How is this?

Downloaded, installed and Works in LazY Puppy.

Attached.

RSH
That did the trick!
Thanks,
Joe

Clive

#96 Post by Clive »

deleted
Last edited by Clive on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Tman

#97 Post by Tman »

Clive wrote:What would be a really useful mod for dillo would be if it could launch another browser with the current web page URL.
I don't think such a mod will ever com into existence. But you can simply do this:

1) In Dillo, from the webpage that won't display properly, hightlight the contents of Dillo's address bar and hit "Ctrl+c" to copy.
2) Open up a full-powered browser, hightlight the address bar, and hit "Ctrl+v" to paste. Hit "Enter" and boom! Done.

technosaurus

#98 Post by technosaurus »

Actually, that isn't an unreasonable feature request. I'll try to look into it... Maybe add it to netsurf too (they are adding javascript support too)
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Clive

#99 Post by Clive »

deleted
Last edited by Clive on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Eyes-Only

#100 Post by Eyes-Only »

I fully agree with Clive - what a useful feature that would be, and especially as a right-click feature upon the page for the "defaultbrowser script" which we normally use in Puppy.

Great idea Clive! I just wished like others around here that I could do more advanced programming as it's something I'd love making. Maybe Tech could achieve this as he's wonderful with these sort of patches. :)

I also use Dillo quite frequently ( I believe I've said this above somewhere? ), most often right here on the forum, but also on other pages mainly for quickly getting the news/info that I want and then getting out. Space.com mainly comes to mind as they use more assorted flash and java ads than I can easily block and Dillo presents me just the text and photos I want and none of those ads. Yet occasionally I do need to use SeaMonkey to view something in finer detail. Calling it forth from a patch would be so very helpful!

Again: Great idea Clive!

Cheers/Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*