Cursor in Slacko disappears after resting a while

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
dk60902

Cursor in Slacko disappears after resting a while

#1 Post by dk60902 »

A puppy user contacted me about this problem:

"I am having issues with my USB mouse with Puppy. It works fine with boot up & while I am at the computer, but sometimes when I come back to the computer the arrow cursor is gone, you can sometimes see a grayer spot where it should be but often inaccurate enough to do much. I end up rebooting, a pain.. I was reading on LinuxQuestions.org that some earlier versions had some issues & indeed the same thing happened to me in the past when I was using it with dialup. Finally got DSL & was using Windows for a while cause I also had not been able to get the sound to work, nor my digital camera. The newest version of Puppy Slacko 5.3.3 that I just downloaded seems to have resolved the sound issue (finally got to hear the Woof!), but mouse issue persists. And I never had a problem with this mouse with Windows. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

Don't know other details except the computer is Dell E521. Don't know if user has puppy installed or running through live CD or USB.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

NO

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/s ... /index.htm

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/s ... /specs.htm

says nvidia graphic card .. _>
Xorg-driver vesa_drv.so | nv_drv.so | nouveau_drv.so ;
kernel nouveau.ko ..
etcetc
:?:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Also, it might matter how much RAM your computer has in it. Less than 256 MB will most likely cause problems unless you have a swap file or partition.

dk60902

#4 Post by dk60902 »

This person has 1 GB RAM, Athlon dual core, and nVidia GeForce 6150 LE graphics, Dell USB mouse