pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
zigbert

#1201 Post by zigbert »

don570 wrote:I spotted an odd space before the square bracket in
the Bookmark window.

zigbert

#1202 Post by zigbert »

don570 wrote:In some puppies the two help buttons looks odd.
In other puppies they are suitable.
Perhaps if you named them Help 1 and Help 2
and had pop-ups to explain the function.

don570

#1203 Post by don570 »

By odd I mean that they stand out or are 'conspicuous'

But it depends on the theme, for example in the default
Lucid Puppy theme they stand out whereas in the 23 oz theme
they fit in.

don570

#1204 Post by don570 »

Can you (or anyone) give a description of the
most common setups of bitrate/samplerate/channels.
I am not really into this
The most popular

It starts with 44100 then it goes down by halves and ends with 8000 hz

Check to see how Audacity lists it in their preferences.

mikeslr

Can pmusic's storage be moved to /mnt/home

#1205 Post by mikeslr »

Hi zigbert,

First let me congratulate you on the outstanding work you've done in pmusic. Although I customarily work without background distractions, I've been working on putting together a puplet for someone who's a music fan, and especially enjoys radio. So I've been exploring the various applications which run under Puppy and am very impressed by how versatile and complete pmusic is.

In order to setup receiving music from streaming sources pmusic, like other music manager's I've examined, downloads one or more indexes. These can use up a considerable amount of a Frugal Install's SaveFile. Additionally, I frequently have more than one Puppy installation, so when possible, I move cache, settings and anything else I can think of to /mnt/home and create symlinks to the various Puppies. So I was wondering into what folder(s) the indexes used by pmusic will be found, and if it was possible to move them to /mnt/home?

Thanks in advance,

mikesLr

zigbert

Re: Can pmusic's storage be moved to /mnt/home

#1206 Post by zigbert »

mikeslr wrote:...So I was wondering into what folder(s) the indexes used by pmusic will be found, and if it was possible to move them to /mnt/home?
All Pmusic indexes are found in /root/.pmusic/
You can of course link to /mnt/home, but at next index-update, the new files will be located to /root/.pmusic.
Another solution would be to change the variable $WORKDIR (line 21 in /usr/local/pmusic/pmusic). If this works as expected we could easily (I think) add this option to the configuration-file.

Thank you for your liking
Sigmund

zigbert

#1207 Post by zigbert »

don570
Your request about samplerate presets are added to the wish-list

Thank you
Sigmund

zigbert

#1208 Post by zigbert »

zigbert wrote:Another solution would be to change the variable $WORKDIR (line 21 in /usr/local/pmusic/pmusic).
Forget this - it won't work.

mikeslr

#1209 Post by mikeslr »

zigbert,

Thanks for the info, and for testing the alternative.

mikesLr

OscarTalks

#1210 Post by OscarTalks »

Hello zigbert,

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, but is there a reason why Pmusic does not have a "Stop" button?

If I play a radio stream I can click "Pause" and the playback of the audio does pause, but I can see that the data is still streaming (lights flashing).

Also, is it OK to install the latest version straight over the top of the recent versions in Lupu Plus, Slacko 533 and Racy 53 ?

Thanks.
Oscar in England

zigbert

#1211 Post by zigbert »

OscarTalks wrote:Sorry if these questions have been asked before
Please, never feel sorry for asking a question !!!
OscarTalks wrote:is there a reason why Pmusic does not have a "Stop" button? If I play a radio stream I can click "Pause" and the playback of the audio does pause, but I can see that the data is still streaming (lights flashing).
If I make the downloading stop while pause, is there else some reason for having a Stop-button?
OscarTalks wrote:Also, is it OK to install the latest version straight over the top of the recent versions in Lupu Plus, Slacko 533 and Racy 53 ?
Yes

OscarTalks

#1212 Post by OscarTalks »

zigbert wrote:If I make the downloading stop while pause, is there else some reason for having a Stop-button?
I think Pause and Stop are 2 different functions.

With streams it is useful to be able to pause and then when you click Play again it resumes from the point where you paused so you don't lose any of the programme. I think it did do this but I will test some more. Not sure if it will work like this if you pause for a long time, but maybe the downloading needs to continue while you are paused.

If I click Stop I really want the player to disconnect from the stream server and if I click Play again obviously it will connect again and start playing from the point at which the new connection is made.

When playing files I would also expect Pause to hold the place and resume from there but Stop would just stop and wait for me to start playing the next file or start the same one but from the beginning.
Oscar in England

zigbert

#1213 Post by zigbert »

It has been a while since the stop-button left the Pmusic gui. I saw this first in Spotify and felt that it was a good solution. I am glad everytime I can simplify a gui.... I can't see that a stop-button would add any new functions to Pmusic. You can stop playing by the pause/play button, and you can start from the beginning of a track by clicking on it. It would be good if more users had an opinion on this....

Sigmund

zigbert

#1214 Post by zigbert »

Regarding the Stop-button it could be an alternative to offer 'Stop' from the Track-menu combined with hot-keys.

Sigmund

zigbert

#1215 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.6.3
See main post

Changelog
- Add 'Stop' to Track-menu. (thanks to OscarTalks)
- NLS: Added: $LOC_STOP
- Bugfix: Bad syntax when bookmark a track with timestamp. (thanks to don570)
- Bugfix: Some terminal output.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Alternative metainfo: Doubleclick in <tree> widget to activate new tags.
- Bugfix: Imroved pinstall.sh. (thanks to 01micko)

vicmz

locale not working

#1216 Post by vicmz »

Pmusic 2.6.3 working fine. The only bug is the GUI remains English despite default system language being Spanish. I'm translating the latest Pmusic and I can't see the translations on the GUI. I tried restarting X and rebooting, no changes. I have a Wary 5.3 frugal install to USB key, UTF-8 turned on.

BTW, I like the new choice for saving geometry, makes it more comfortable.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

01micko

#1217 Post by 01micko »

Hi Sigmund

I should learn to read code :oops:

I see your intention in the pinstall.sh and what I reference was wrong. It may even break stuff in a current running system, though will more likely just error and not run.

The stuff you intend to happen in woof can't because $HOME is not defined. Until woof supports multiuser the only way is either hard code to root or not have that routine. Also /tmp don't exist until the system is up and running. I just glanced at $HOME and didn't read the code knowing in my head $HOME can't exist in the build system. Sorry!

Maybe you could hide your code elsewhere and make it part of the pmusic initial code generation? That would work.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

Re: locale not working

#1218 Post by zigbert »

vicmz wrote:Pmusic 2.6.3 working fine. The only bug is the GUI remains English despite default system language being Spanish. I'm translating the latest Pmusic and I can't see the translations on the GUI. I tried restarting X and rebooting, no changes. I have a Wary 5.3 frugal install to USB key, UTF-8 turned on.

BTW, I like the new choice for saving geometry, makes it more comfortable.
I 'think' your problem is that Pmusic has changed structure of the locale-files. The older model (which you probably are using) holds the spanish file as /usr/local/pmusic/locals/es:ES_spanish, while the new file is /usr/share/locales/es/LC_MESSAGES/pmusic

Good luck
Sigmund

zigbert

#1219 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote: I see your intention in the pinstall.sh and what I reference was wrong. It may even break stuff in a current running system, though will more likely just error and not run.

The stuff you intend to happen in woof can't because $HOME is not defined. Until woof supports multiuser the only way is either hard code to root or not have that routine. Also /tmp don't exist until the system is up and running. I just glanced at $HOME and didn't read the code knowing in my head $HOME can't exist in the build system. Sorry!
No $HOME and no /tmp - is this the intended way to build up a system? When you tell this, it's not hard to see that my script fails :D
01micko wrote:Maybe you could hide your code elsewhere and make it part of the pmusic initial code generation? That would work.
Of course, but it wouldn't set up the roxapp or the rox-icon until you start Pmusic, and that doesn't sound like the best solution to me.

Sigmund

greengeek

#1220 Post by greengeek »

Hi Sigmund, I have recently been using earlier versions of Pmusic to play and rip music, but have been unable to find a way to get it to play an entire folder. Is there an easy way to add a whole folder to the playlist? And does this function only exist in more recent versions? (I think it was version 1.63 I was trying...). Thanks