Mele 1000 - HDMI support

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
CHLee

#41 Post by CHLee »

aarf wrote:
yes everything is as you say. thanks for taking a look. good luck.
OK, I will check your evb.bin when I have time.
Please note:
When the tablet booting, if you could find the LCD backlight turn on (even it is black colour), please wait for 2~3 min more. You should see the X window starting. I remember that the first booting was longer time than the second booting very much.
Hope could help you.

CHLee

#42 Post by CHLee »

CHLee wrote:aarf wrote:
yes everything is as you say. thanks for taking a look. good luck.
OK, I will check your evb.bin when I have time.
Could you tel me the model number and version number of your Ainol Novo7 Aurora?
You could check it with:
Setting>about tablet>version.

There are below firmware in Ainol website:
Ainol Novo7 Aurora II
Ainol Novo7 Aurora 1.0-GT801 version Android4.0.3(hardware version 0306 or below)
Ainol Novo7 Aurora 1.0-v02 version Android4.0.3(hardware version 0309)

I don't know which one for you tablet!

CHLee

#43 Post by CHLee »

aarf wrote:so I now think I should reflash with this Novo7 - Aurora_0322 - v02 . rar
I think I should chose the non LG driver zip? from the downloads page at http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/ainol-novo-7- ... ablet.html
ok now that is provisionally solved we can get back to lui arm mele :wink:
Yes, I think you should download "Novo7 - Aurora_0322 - v02 . rar" too.
Could you read Chinese? I think the firmware default is Chinese. You could change it to English later. Or you could find a Chinese friend to help you to do it.
I just start to download it, Still need about 8 hours to finish the download.

I already ordered the Mele A1000, Hope I could received it before next week end.

raffy

mele in multimedia box

#44 Post by raffy »

The language settings in Android in the Mele is easy to modify to English, just keep selecting the top option in the settings (gear) menu.

BTW, here is the Mele in a multimedia (lunch) box that I improvised - perfect for bringing in a classroom for projecting multimedia - no laptop or speakers to assemble. :)
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Ted Dog

kernel and uboot

#45 Post by Ted Dog »

some one is nice enough to auto build kernels so we do not have too.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/13/ ... 4-sd-card/

like that they got VGA & composite mirror display working for MeLe. Would be even cooler if they could get HDMI and VGA split dual screen display. :roll:

Ted Dog

Re: mele in multimedia box

#46 Post by Ted Dog »

raffy wrote:The language settings in Android in the Mele is easy to modify to English, just keep selecting the top option in the settings (gear) menu.

BTW, here is the Mele in a multimedia (lunch) box that I improvised - perfect for bringing in a classroom for projecting multimedia - no laptop or speakers to assemble. :)
May I add a low wattage playtime dlp projector works great-ish (with my 1080p60 evb.bin) from this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MXK1ZY

Just keep it running 24/7 so you can weed out the lemons while in warranty. Only 30 watts (uses a bright LED not the expensive HID lamps)

Needs a very dark room.

Proven to work with MELE 1000 :P It's my low power tester for HDMI, VGA & Composite (has all the connections) evb files.

aarf

Re: kernel and uboot

#47 Post by aarf »

Ted Dog wrote:some one is nice enough to auto build kernels so we do not have too.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/13/ ... 4-sd-card/

like that they got VGA & composite mirror display working for MeLe. Would be even cooler if they could get HDMI and VGA split dual screen display. :roll:

i dont like the look of this at all. firstly they havent got a hardware pack for novo7. secondly they have lots of different hardware packs for A10 devices which sort of says they are all incompatible, and that my aurora isnt going to be on board anytime soon given even in my aurora model name there are three different hardware possibilities.

cnxsoft

evb.bin / script.bin

#48 Post by cnxsoft »

The only difference between the hardware packs is evb.bin (script.bin).
I think you have already seen the config files are stored in https://github.com/cnxsoft/a10-config/t ... script.fex, so if you can extract it from your flash you might still be able to try it out.

There are of course some difference with the Mele A1000 such as LCD display and touchscreen, but there are quite a few tc drivers present in the hardware pack.

Somebody already managed to run Ubuntu on their A10 tablet (can't remember which one) using those hardware packs and the correct evb.bin.

aarf

Re: evb.bin / script.bin

#49 Post by aarf »

cnxsoft wrote:The only difference between the hardware packs is evb.bin (script.bin).
I think you have already seen the config files are stored in https://github.com/cnxsoft/a10-config/t ... script.fex, so if you can extract it from your flash you might still be able to try it out.

There are of course some difference with the Mele A1000 such as LCD display and touchscreen, but there are quite a few tc drivers present in the hardware pack.

Somebody already managed to run Ubuntu on their A10 tablet (can't remember which one) using those hardware packs and the correct evb.bin.
thank you for the clarification. yes i have the eve.bin extracted from my aurora.
but still not sure what i have to do with it to get it to be a eve.fex . then i have to put it in and replace or remove all the evexxx.fex in hardware pack?. anyhow now that i know it is possible to proceed i will invest more time in reading and understanding the documentation. or if you want to add it to a correctly made pack at your site the zipped eve.bin for aurora 0309 is attached at my previous post in this thread http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 191#637191

DC

VLC

#50 Post by DC »

Whilst testing the beta of VLC for android
I thought would it work on the mele?
so loaded the apk for VLC Tegra2. (its not on google play)

comes up ok
plays music ok, flac, ogg and mp3

video oh dear - more like a slide show but what it displays was ok
this was from my nas server via wifi

**EDIT**
Whilst trying a sata drive I again played a video this time it worked fine! even better than MX player and TvdVideo. This was a avi file, still problems with mp4 and mkv formats

So not to bad for a single cpu vs Tegra2 and probably not using hardware GPU acceleration.

Really like the interface, wish it was on the normal VLC player, but then I'd need a touch screen :D

DC
a little bit of knowledge and I'm dangerous

nancy reagan

firmware update Mele

#51 Post by nancy reagan »

don570

#52 Post by don570 »

kimdecent.com has set up a site selling arm computers including
mele 2000 HERE.

He has the firmware updates as well HERE

don570

#53 Post by don570 »

I explain how to manipulate the system files inside your Android device

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=80819

I hope to encourage the further development of Android devices
using Puppy as the host.

LoboGrande

Nooby question?

#54 Post by LoboGrande »

My MiniX PC has Mele-1000 firmware on it. Should I format my micro SD card to ext3 or ext 4 or leave it as FAT32 before installing the img.xz file/pkg?

don570

#55 Post by don570 »

Barry's instructions are here

http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/arm/re ... 5.2.90.htm

The nice thing about installing a file image ---> the image contains the
file system so the user doesn't have to worry.

If you were installing the kernel then you would need to worry about
the file system type.

Last edited by don570 on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

lwill

#56 Post by lwill »

Did you know the Mele has abd network connection enabled by default?
Works on Wifi or ethernet.
once you have abd on you computer use:
abd connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5555
(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is address of Mele)

Jeffreytooker

Mele A1000

#57 Post by Jeffreytooker »

I am looking into this ARM computer thing. I have been following it since Rpie came out. I have been on the net for the passed few days gathering info on same. The A1000 seems to be a pretty good unit to start with. It seems the whole A1000 thing has gotten pretty quiet of late. Has everyone just stopped working on it?

I am collecting iso's for the A1000. I find a lot of write up's about downloading and making the SD chip to boot the system. I am running in Ubuntu 12.04. I have downloaded the iso from Rhombus. It is 2.2 GB and takes 4.5 hrs at 150 kbps. The write ups on the net go into extracting and making the SD. I believe I have a simpler way. I am using a utility called "Unetbootin". I have made a USB, but the utility should make an SD just as well. It is available in Ubuntu 12.04 but not in Puppy 5.4 X. It finds the write too device, and if you choose disk image, and the radio button just to the right of the path entry window you can browse to downloads and select your download. Then click OK. (I have yet to figure out the memory for Ubuntu, in this case it should be NA.) It extracts and writes all in one operation. It took twenty minutes to write to the USB, and the file was 4.3GB. This checks with Barry. I have no A1000 to check it in yet. However booting in an X86 machine the BIOS recognises the devise and starts to boot. The boot is unsuccessful as the device is for ARM architecture.

If someone could get the "Unetbootin" package into Puppy it might make things a bit easier for GUI people like me, and some others. I also used "Unetbootin" to make my latest Puppy stick and it worked very well.

Jeffrey

svgt

#58 Post by svgt »

I am looking also into this ARM computer thing.
I use a HP Compaq Airlife 100 with Android.

The computer owns a Snapdragon cpu QSD8250 from Qualcomm with 1GHz ( similar to ARM Cortex A8 ). This is an ArmV7 cpu type with Adreno200 gpu

It would be beautiful, if a Puppy would run with this hardware. Do I have a chance with this Mele 1000 Puppy software?

svgt

Ted Dog

#59 Post by Ted Dog »

Had the Mele1000 not get past loading message tonight.. when I googled the error it returned my old thread... my advice is still valid... :D was able to get it to boot after changing WIFI by following my own directions. I hate getting old and forgetfull. :P