Download it at http://www.slimpup.com

Specific changes in 3.6
Default folder icon fixed to match theme
Fixed the "black wallpaper" bug when changing icon themes
PupApps updated to appropriate applications
GTalk plugin updated
New GTK and Openbox themes
New keyboard shortcut - Ctrl+Shift+S to quickly screenshot desktop
Lohit Kannada font added (Look of disapproval supported xD)
Fixed GRUB install error
Fixed permission errors with MIME-types

Please report any errors or questions here. Thank you :)

yerc1

Re: SlimPup 3.6

#2 Post by yerc1 »

sheepy wrote:Download it at http://www.slimpup.com

SlimPup is one of the prettiest puppies with no user tweaking required.
It's true to its promise of being lightweight, fully-equipped, small and portable.
As with previous versions, 3.6 is just awesome on my Acer One netbook.
Thank you for SlimPup and keep up the good work!

Issue
Surprisingly, 3.6 could not go past X configuration on my old HP Compaq nx9040.
Doing the configuration from terminal and trying Vesa won't convince this puppy to proceed.
I'm sure 2.x versions worked well with the old laptop but I can't confirm which one as I have not kept a copy of older iso's as soon as I know that the latest version work on my netbook.

Question
What are the requirements for the ClockRings conky configuration to work?
On another puppy where I installed both conky and lua, clock hands and rings do not display.

Suggestion
SlimPup could benefit from conkyswitcher. It makes swapping between conky configurations a click-and-point thing for ordinary users like me.

sheepy

Re: SlimPup 3.6

#3 Post by sheepy »

yerc1 wrote:
sheepy wrote:Download it at http://www.slimpup.com

SlimPup is one of the prettiest puppies with no user tweaking required.
It's true to its promise of being lightweight, fully-equipped, small and portable.
As with previous versions, 3.6 is just awesome on my Acer One netbook.
Thank you for SlimPup and keep up the good work!

Issue
Surprisingly, 3.6 could not go past X configuration on my old HP Compaq nx9040.
Doing the configuration from terminal and trying Vesa won't convince this puppy to proceed.
I'm sure 2.x versions worked well with the old laptop but I can't confirm which one as I have not kept a copy of older iso's as soon as I know that the latest version work on my netbook.

Question
What are the requirements for the ClockRings conky configuration to work?
On another puppy where I installed both conky and lua, clock hands and rings do not display.

Suggestion
SlimPup could benefit from conkyswitcher. It makes swapping between conky configurations a click-and-point thing for ordinary users like me.
Thank you!
Not sure why your nx9040 is not compatible with X. Hmm, quite strange. Yes, the 2.x.x versions of puppy work with pretty much anything. The device may just be too old of a model for slimpup :\ This is where Wary and the older versions come in handy though!

The requirements for the rings is Lua. Users will often write the rings in lua or ruby and call for them in the conky configuration file.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will write a small conky-switcher program and include new conky configurations in the next version. :)

straypuppy

#Puppy!

#4 Post by straypuppy »

Wow. Big fan of both #! and Puppy for ages so this is a marriage in heaven for me. Took me some time to find my way around the programs and menu, but I am getting used to it and i like the simplicity of it all. However it does take a while to boot to my T40 compared to other puplets.

I also found that this puplet can run on repos other than Lucid with just a few clicks... has anyone tried switching their repos this way yet? How are the dependencies handled?

Enjoying myself immensely with this one and will report any issues here.

Cheers to Sheepy for this great puplet.

Gnuxo

#5 Post by Gnuxo »

Wai! What other repos can slimpup use?

I didn't know you could switch repos.

straypuppy

slimpupp repos

#6 Post by straypuppy »

@ Gnuxo - I am at work atm so can't be sure but i was going thru my menu list and somewhere under the system settings i found that my sources.list was pointing to Lucid. However, it also appears that with just a few clicks you can switch to Slackware or Debian. I just don't know how dependencies are handled or if configurations are needed. Didn't get a chance to play with trying to switch repos yet, but i intend to when i get home tonight.
Last edited by straypuppy on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 06:36, edited 1 time in total.

Gnuxo

#7 Post by Gnuxo »

Please do Straypup and tell me how it goes.

I'd like to add the webupd8 repos and the getdeb, playdeb repos to 528 based distros.
I don't know if that would work though.

I may get Slimpup back if it's indeed possible to test out different repos.

sheepy

#8 Post by sheepy »

Gnuxo wrote:Please do Straypup and tell me how it goes.

I'd like to add the webupd8 repos and the getdeb, playdeb repos to 528 based distros.
I don't know if that would work though.

I may get Slimpup back if it's indeed possible to test out different repos.
Yes, in just a few clicks you can change the repo to any of the Ubuntu Lucid repos, or other Puppy Official repos. You just open "configure package manager" while in the package manager. While there, you can change and update repos. :)