DraftSight Beta

Mathematical tools, physics simulators, CAD, CNC, etc.
TheAsterisk!

#21 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Yup, that link works. Odd, as I'm pretty sure both sites belong to Dassault Systemes. Also odd, all the DraftSight links on the solidworks.com site point you to the same page I mentioned above, with only "Beta 2" listed.

Oh, well.

I'll download the 3rd beta and give it a shot, maybe make another package in a bit. Thanks!

beta-3 SFS uploaded
Tested on Lucid 528. Working very nicely for me. The occasional screen jutter I'd experience in the first two betas seems to have mostly cleared up.

EDIT: Links removed. Beta 4 now uploaded. Go here to get it.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 21:21, edited 4 times in total.

koh

about DraftSight Beta install

#22 Post by koh »

Good Morning everybody :D

I am live in Japan and just I am trying install "DraftSight"
on PuppyLinux 4.3.1(Japanese Edition).

I tried install DraftSight Beta on this PuppyLinux 4.3.1.
(Probably latest Lucid Puppy Japanese version is 4.3.1
-only my understanding. :? )
Installing as below,
#1.Get draftsight-b3.sfs.zip(to mnt/home)
#2.Unzip Automatically
#3.menu-Puppysetup-Set boot up option(which sfs file load)
This installing is seem done, (After re-booting I can choice menu-graphic-draftsight, but it not work on my environment)

I have only poor skill of puppylinux :oops:
If you have smart solution about it, let me know :D

koh

Lucid 5.2.8 with language pack is seem so good

#23 Post by koh »

I recheck previous comments.
Everybody use lucid 5 version up.
So I try to install latest lucid and Draftsight.

Draftsight is seem work( comming opening picture) :D
But occer error. :(
I will continue with previous comments

The Result is Puppy 4.3.1 is older for using Draftsight. :(

p3m4la5

#24 Post by p3m4la5 »

I'am try download 'draftsight-b3.sfs.zip' but it seem dont work in Wary 5.1.4. :(
Any good idea ?
Attachments
er_libaudio.png
(14.21 KiB) Downloaded 2128 times

TheAsterisk!

#25 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Regarding the previous three posts:

Because the DraftSight SFS is made from an Ubuntu package, it might only work with Lucid Puppy, which has a fairly high degree of compatibility with Ubuntu. It may not work with other Puppy versions, including Puppy 431 and Wary.

You can try to get it to work by grabbing dependencies from Ubuntu's repositories or from another source, but it's not guaranteed to work, and you'd need to be careful not to mess up your Puppy installation while you're adding the missing dependencies.

TheAsterisk!

#26 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Post now redundant. Please see next post, or click here.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

TheAsterisk!

#27 Post by TheAsterisk! »

V1R2.0-beta SFS added (Lucid-only; segfaults on me under Slacko)
V1R1.4-beta still available for Slacko

Download the packages from my website. [link]
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

azstew

DraftSight .deb won't install

#28 Post by azstew »

DS worked well in several puppies I use. However, the latest release will not install. It shows 2 dozen missing dependencies.

It says it installs successfully but using pfind, it just lists a few files.

Any ideas? Puppy 5.25

koh

Draftsight re-instole

#29 Post by koh »

Dear Everybody

I was use draftsight-b3.sfs.
But error is occurred "No support version?"

So I remove draftsight-b3.sfs by sfs on the fly.
and load TheAsterisk!-san's sfs for lucid.

But after loading, draftsight is added on menu, but no activation.

Let me know good solution.

thanks,
koh

TheAsterisk!

#30 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Compatibility remains spotty for any given Puppy version, but beta release Version 1 Release 2.1 is also now available on my website.

link
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

canbyte

#31 Post by canbyte »

Jump below line to where I edited to (skip botched trials).

I just tried to load the original beta version as per instructions on first page (including Mesa driver for my ati card) into Slacko 533. No luck - no reaction at all when click on menu item or 'cog' file.

I'm now trying to install on Lucid puppy (Lupu 528.005 version) with xorg-high driver. DS started up but stopped and shutdown after informing me it's not licensed/ activated (or something like that) sooooo.... what to do??

I went to Asterisk's page and clicked on the beta version (V1R2) recommended for Lucid 528. it put it in a temporary ??? folder ... i guess I screwed up in selecting the proper place (root?). Anyway i went there and clicked on the draftsight.bin gear icon and it started and this time, asked me to fill in my email to activate. however the menu is still pointing to the older obsolete version so how does one remove the older version and get this thing installed? Hope you can follow what I'm stuck on.

OMG, i get confused/ discouraged - decide to close everything. Under all the other windows was...... Draftsight!!! . Now it's open.... Go figure. Glad nobody got hung up trying to figure out what was going on. But if you could help me unbotch this installation, i'd be very appreciative.

--------------------------
edit Oct1, Just gonna bite the bullet and start fresh. This time when I clicked on the file it saved to root. I clicked on the sfs file and it mounted/ opened / unpacked.

What to do with sfs file? I've tried to go into the mounted file and click on the draftsight bin file (gear icon) but this seems to mount into a temporary folder??? with crazy name. It will start if you fill out your email but I figure this is starting fresh every time or something. Not sure but seems not right. I try boot manager instead

The boot manager wants it moved to '/' directory so I put a copy there. The boot manager sees it but wouldn't shift it to the active column and help says it must be named _528.sfs so I renamed it, shifted it and rebooted. Then I got a message that says it is wrong version for Linux kernel. Kernel requires squashfs, ver4. It says there is a sfs version converter so I try that. Wait. I see the sfs file is 0 bytes!! Huh, how did that happen. Going back to reboot.

I'm also trying out puppy multisession DVD which takes soooo long to load!?? And it seemed to forget i already installed the browser. Can i save to flash? (edit: the DVD r/w drive broke!}

Day 3 The adventure continues. It seems the multisession or something killed the optical drive which undoubtedly caused errors. Continuing now with a second drive but afraid of the multisession thing so I've tried downloading the v1r1.4 for slacko. Having same trouble since boot sfs loader won't deign to 'see' the file, renamed or not.

SFS issue resolved - described here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 055#656055

So finally, I have it installed. I think.

PS. Does anyone know if one can draw a line a certain distance at a certain angle instead of having to calculate the co-ordinates? Autocad used the notation 111<11 to draw a line 111 units at 11 degrees. Thanks again.

edit Oct1: Just found out that the format for this is @111<11 or to draw a line 111 units over and 11 units up - @111,11

pps - I wish someone would change the font in this forum so commas looked different than a period, which to my old eyes look the same! That's a comma not a decimal point.
Last edited by canbyte on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
[color=orange]1. Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athln 64, 2 GHz 1.93GB ram,
Puppy 533 on CD, accesses flash drive only,
FFox Nightly12.0
2. Compaq P3 733Hz 375RAM
Printer: Oki C3400 > LAN [/color]

canbyte

#32 Post by canbyte »

Ok, so now DS is installed (added to menu) but I keep getting the error message about it being 'not licensed or expired'. I did enter the email, sector and country info. It errored the first time but went through the second. I got an email from them and clicked the link provided. It opened a web page but still will not let the program go past the error message.

SOLUTION: After reading that site for a bit, I found that the version MUST be Beta 2. (v1r2.x) So I went back to Asterisk's page and found that yes, instead of using his first link, my eye had caught 'SLACKO' in cap on the third link and incorrectly downloaded v1r1.4 Once i downloaded his first sfs, renamed it to _528.sfs and added it to the boot configurator and rebooted, DS was found in the menu and booted correctly and without having to input my email again.

All's well that ends well. I hope these notes will help others avoid all the mistakes i made. LOL.
[color=orange]1. Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athln 64, 2 GHz 1.93GB ram,
Puppy 533 on CD, accesses flash drive only,
FFox Nightly12.0
2. Compaq P3 733Hz 375RAM
Printer: Oki C3400 > LAN [/color]

caiosama

#33 Post by caiosama »

Anyone have the sfs? :(

troppo19

Draftsight, LibreCAD or?

#34 Post by troppo19 »

I can't get either Draftsight or LibreCAD to run on Puppy 528. DS keeps reporting its expired. Not sure about LibreCAD - probably my inexperience.
For what its worth, A9CAD from A9tech.com works fine under Wine 1.1.34. This is "entry level" CAD, but is ok for me away from base, easier to carry a netbook around than lug a laptop with full-blown ARES-based CAD on it. IMO there's nothing on Android that's interesting yet, so I'll put A9CAD on a tablet when they get Android Wine working :-)

troppo19

#35 Post by troppo19 »

Latest Draftsight is 64 bit so its not going to be happy on a 5 year old notebook and 32 bit Linux. Also seems to be more demanding on graphics.
My new solution for mobile CAD is AutoCAD LT 98, which I thought I'd thrown out years ago. Installs and runs fine with Wine 1.3.6.