Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12 with 3.4.2 kernel.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Gnuxo

#661 Post by Gnuxo »

Is sad that GTK youtube viewer didn't come installed on newest Dpup.

But...if I get the QT 4.8.0, Gstreamer sfs pack, could I run Minitube 1.8?

It just came out recently, has anyone tried compiling it yet?

pemasu

#662 Post by pemasu »

Is sad that GTK youtube viewer didn't come installed on newest Dpup.
Thank you of the reminding. I didnt notice that when I used gtk-youtube-viewer this morning with newest Dpup. Lol. I am atm compiling new stuff....so I cant check that if it is truly missing I did update it to the 2.0.4 this morning.. I suspect that the report is false. Anyway....I have updated to the next release it to the 2.0.4 version.

Minitube. I have no idea. But try to compile it and then you know.

Gnuxo

#663 Post by Gnuxo »

Okay, then I'll give it a shot.

Gnuxo

#664 Post by Gnuxo »

Ok, I downloaded from the main Minitube site and it's not the source code, it's a portable binary.
Still good though.

Anyway to make a pet out of a portable binary? Anyway, it says I'm missing the h.264 codec.
Which is odd because I installed the Qt4.8 gstreamer pet along with the gstreamer deps pet. :/

Gnuxo

#665 Post by Gnuxo »

Ok, here's Minitube 1.8.

It works but I'm missing a codec, but I'm sure you guys can get it working. :)

Gnuxo

#666 Post by Gnuxo »

Actually don't download that.

I have to redo it.

Gnuxo

#667 Post by Gnuxo »

Ok I compiled everything but I don't know how to make it a pet.

It works! Though I'm missing a codec.

Some help?

pemasu

#668 Post by pemasu »

Gnuxo. Compiling and making pet is one step from contributor :)
To create a pet you need to create folder model of the desired folders and subfolders. First create main folder which will be the pet name ie minitunes-xxx-dpup ....then create subfolders under that main folder like /usr/bin and /usr/share and there needed subfolders applications, pixmaps and so on...
Easiest is to extract couple of pets and check what there is...use rox right click > extract pet.

When you have folder structure and the content ie bins, libs, minitunes.desktop ...etc copied in place....use rox right click > dir2pet.

About gstreamer and missing dependencies. Libgstx264 should be there. It needs libx264-112 and I have now libx264-118 so gstreamer-plugins-deps overwrites that existing one with gstreamer needed one.
Soon dpup will have gstreamer incompatible libvpx and libx264 even more....lol.
Well....gstreamer might need total recompile if.....I am going to do that. I dont like gstreamer much. It is quite big and its modular structure needs a lot libs to support it. You can think libgst stuff as frontends and then you need whole a lot backend libs which makes gstreamer damn big.

Okay....that about rambling-bumbling-babling....etc...

Learn to make a pet is easy....just open couple of pets...and you see the structure. To create that folder structure is hardesta part. mkdir -p in terminal is your friend.

My small bug fix reupload has turned out to be big multimedia backend update. I have compiled from latest gits: libx264, libvpx, ffmpeg, and after that vlc-2.0.1, mozilla-vlc-plugin, xine-lib and gxine.
Next dpup will use them and I have to reupload those to the exprimo repo. I can tell that ffmpeg plays all these first 4 wma lossless files. Didnt check more. There is restriction though, only up to 16 bit are supported, whatever that means:
http://download.wavetlan.com/SVV/Media/ ... p-wma.html

Vlc now plays 7 out 8 matroska test files. All my media files can be played. Yeah Pmusic supports now wma lossless, I used it to test ffmpeg.

Also gxine-xinelib worked fine.

Vlc-mozilla-plugin is now in vlc-2.0.1 pet (when I upload it). It plays youtube videos without flashplayer. I just changed /usr/local/bin/defaultmediaplayer to vlc and Firefox changed the Applications Content type to VLC Web Plugin. Nice. No need to hassle more. And you get another mediaplayer embedded to the Firefox.

I am woofing the build now. Then I will upload those updates to the exprimo repo.

Gnuxo

#669 Post by Gnuxo »

Well, I suppose it is a bit irritating that Gstreamer needs so many libs. But what about Xine?
I was thinking about the Xine-Ui and how it's been updated recently.

Does Xine require alot of libraries too?

I don't know if the newest Minitunes will play youtube but if I make the pet and upload it, then other puppies may be able to use it.

pemasu

#670 Post by pemasu »

I have Xine-libs backend and Gxine frontend ie GUI in the exprimo repo already. Both are latest versions. Works fine for me, I can get it working with my dvb-tuner stick also. I recompiled them today...and I will probably upload my new multimedia stuff tomorrow.

If we are speaking of youtube searching and viewing without browser...there is plenty which do them. Gtk-youtube-viewer, Smtube, Umplayer....I dont think there is much niche for Minitube anyway. If it works like Minitunes....I wont be very impressed. Candy looking, not much features. Okay, probably youtube video download will be useful..but those other apps do the same. Gtk-youtube-viewer do that with 2 clicks.

Gnuxo

#671 Post by Gnuxo »

The pet works! I mean, it will open, I still don't have h.264 support.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Hopefully, the pet can at least work on other puppies or the next version.

pemasu

#672 Post by pemasu »

Gnuxo. I did strip and reorganize your pet as educational purpose. Next thing. After compiling you get the folder structure automatically and also stripping automatically by using new2dir command. Search the forum to get more information. I want to control my compiles more...so I do install the packages with command:
make install DESTDIR=/path/to/the/folder/with/purposed/folder/name
and then I change to main folder which has that installed folder and launch in console: strippkg [foldername]
and then I split it with command splitpkg [foldername]
DOTdesktop file usually needs some manual work, the icon needs DOTpng to the end and then I reduce the icons selection, usually just copy one size 48*48 to the pixmaps folder and then in DOTdesktop file I point the icon there or in fact it is automatically found from folder pixmaps when there is just minitube.png in icon row.

and...the result is attached. And I think the libx264-114 unresolved dependency error will remain unresolved. there is something missing or something is buggy....it would need gstreamer debugging with gstreamer debugging tools. I dont bother start to learn them.
Attachments
minitube_NLS-1.8.0-dpup.pet
(156.04 KiB) Downloaded 708 times

Gnuxo

#673 Post by Gnuxo »

Thanks.

Also thanks for fixing my little spelling error. :?

It's my first pet. So, I'm sure to get it right eventually. (maybe)
There's a few applications that I want to get running on puppy so I'll be working on getting them to pet form.

shinobar

libx264

#674 Post by shinobar »

pemasu wrote: Libgstx264 should be there. It needs libx264-112 and I have now libx264-118 so gstreamer-plugins-deps overwrites that existing one with gstreamer needed one.
Don't worry about libx264 for running environment. The file libx264.so.112 and libx264.so.118 can co-exist.
The issue is in development package, to which file the link libx264.so to be.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

recobayu

Send-to Backgrounds

#675 Post by recobayu »

Pemasu, i found a little bug in send to background with right click.
i look at /usr/bin there are no script file "Send-to Backgrounds". so i add that file from slacko to this dpup.
that's all, thanks. :D

pemasu

#676 Post by pemasu »

i look at /usr/bin there are no script file "Send-to Backgrounds". so i add that file from slacko to this dpup.
Got it. Thanks.

Gnuxo

#677 Post by Gnuxo »

I tried the Dropbox.sfs and it crashes every second. :cry:

But I made my second pet, which is the awesome browser Dooble. :)

pemasu

#678 Post by pemasu »

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.4 has been uploaded. Which was going to be small bug fix upload, changed to be major multimedia upgrade update. I compiled ffmpeg 0.11.1 (from release day git ie 070712) and then I recompiled multimedia apps against it. http://ffmpeg.org/

The recompiled and other needed applications and libs are:
ffmpeg-070712-git.pet, gecko-mediaplayer-1.0.7a1.pet, gmtk-1.0.7.pet, gnome-mplayer-1.0.7a1.pet, gxine-0.5.907.pet, libvpx-1.1.0-dpup.pet, libx264-125-dpup.pet, vlc-2.0.1-dpup.pet (vlc-mozilla-plugin included), xine-lib-1.2.2.pet

I did also update Fotoxx to the latest which supports gtk-2.0. Bye bye Fotoxx upgrades after this one. Gtk-youtube-viewer-2.0.4, thanks stu90, for reminding, Pupcontrol-2.2, previously noticed missing scripts added. Some new mime associations, thanks Shinobar, Pnethood should be fixed. I added squeeze backports repos ( I needed some newer libs for those compiles), and thought it would be nice to have them in PPM. I also growed the allowed shown repos to 8, just forgot to change the text. It still informs only 5 repo boxes are allowed. Dont believe that. I wont rewoof the build due to that lapsus, lol. Some small fixes I dont remember anymore.
Exprimo repo has been updated with those recompiled apps. Database file has been updated, of course. I hope someone could tell me what petget script should I edit to get exprimo repo shown at first launch. Now it need configure manager manipulation and restart.
I hope you enjoy the multimedia experience with dpup.

Download link: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupSqueeze5 ... imo5X3424/

backi

#679 Post by backi »

Hi pemasu !

Maybe i did something wrong .....but i am missing Enlightment desktop .

But nevertheless ... thanks for your hard and sophisticated work .

pemasu

#680 Post by pemasu »

Backi. use wmswitch from menu, it is the second from the bottom. Choose e17 and the window manager will be changed.

Secondly. I noticed that guvcview is also ffmpeg version dependent. Newer that 1.5.0 is not anymore supported with gtk-2.0, then starts gtk-3.0 saga. 1.5.0 version does have nowadays deprecated ffmpeg calls. Using compiling error messages I just removed those rows from source code files, lol.
It compiled after that ok, and I got it showing my ugly face. I should shave. It is due to sick leave, lol.
Anyway....here is the recompiled, source hacked version to test. I would like to get feedback does it show ugly faces more....
Attachments
guvcview-1.5.0.pet
(162.41 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
guvcview_NLS-1.5.0.pet
(49.55 KiB) Downloaded 243 times