Promote Puppy !
dk60902

Puppy review: 5 ways to use Puppy Linux

#1 Post by dk60902 »

Monsie

Puppy review

#2 Post by Monsie »

Hi dk60902,

I read the author's last two posts about Puppy. I was not overly impressed, because it seemed to me that this blogger was not very familiar with Puppy Linux, yet he felt qualified to write a short review, a rather cursory effort, and give the distro a rating out of five marks. It only took him five or six tries to install Lucid Puppy. Apparently, he was expert enough to review and rate Slacko and Wary also.

Excuse me, but a Jim Lynch type he is not... as you can see by comparison here: http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/?tag=puppylinux
I would not place a lot of stock in this blogger's opinions about Puppy Linux.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

dk60902

#3 Post by dk60902 »

Yes, installing to a USB shouldn't be that difficult. He did give 5.2.8 five stars.

I thought fellow puppy users would be interested in various reviews, good or bad.

Monsie

Puppy review

#4 Post by Monsie »

I thought fellow puppy users would be interested in various reviews, good or bad.
Point taken, fair enough.

I do believe it is important for the Community to be aware of the kind of recognition that Puppy Linux receives, and toward this end, help to set the record straight when necessary, especially when a review is lacking balance and thoroughness. In putting my money where my mouth is, I've done this in the past as per my comment that followed this article: http://gnuman.com/?p=116

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

linuxbear

#5 Post by linuxbear »

dk60902 wrote:Yes, installing to a USB shouldn't be that difficult. He did give 5.2.8 five stars.

Puppy is better than any other distro I have tried so far on a USB thumbdrive.