Simple Network Wizard Displays After Frisbee Installed

Please post any bugs you have found
johnywhy

Simple Network Wizard Displays After Frisbee Installed

#1 Post by johnywhy »

-i booted a fresh Lupu 5.2.8-05, with no existing pupsave.
-in "Personalize", i changed nothing.
-then, cancelled the internet connection dialog that automatically comes up.
-then, installed Frisbee from the Internet menu, and connected to my wifi.
-then, rebooted, creating a pupsave in the same partition as the puppy install.
-on boot, frisbee automatically tells me it's connected to my wifi. so far, so good.

-but then, the BK simple connection wizard comes up again, automatically, even tho Frisbee was already installed and connected.

not a fatal error-- i just closed the BK wizard.
[b]Now[/b]: X-Tahr 2.0! StretchDog! DevuanDog!
[b]Tops[/b]: TarhNOP Vlina-R2 Racy
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

playdayz

#2 Post by playdayz »

but then, the BK simple connection wizard comes up again, automatically, even tho Frisbee was already installed and connected.
I think I understand why that happened--it was part of getting the connection wizard to come up automatically if no connection. It should only happen once (I hope). But let me know if it happens again. Thanks.

johnywhy

#3 Post by johnywhy »

saw it again, but the context may have been slightly different. I believe it was a different install than the one above.

i believe the context above was a frugal. This 2nd occurance was definitely a usb flash boot.

this time, it happened after more than one session, with normal boot/shutdown.

The flash saver had saved several times.

Then my laptop battery ran out during the session, so i was booting from a crashed session.

It appeared while i was in the puppy control panel, checking the hardware time (which i cancelled out of, because it was correct), and the software time (which needed to be changed after the battery crash).

thanks for everything.
[b]Now[/b]: X-Tahr 2.0! StretchDog! DevuanDog!
[b]Tops[/b]: TarhNOP Vlina-R2 Racy
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]