Mageia 2 Puppy released

News, happenings
scsijon

Mageia 2 Puppy released

#1 Post by scsijon »

Please note that Mageia 2 has been released and is quite a nice system with gstreamer and a lot of updated packages beyond what a puppy user could want. It has both X86-64 and i586 versions in it's tree.

What was in Mageia's cauldron directories while mageia 2 was in development has been moved to the '2' directories and a clean (empty) cauldron created throughout, this will be used for the initial development of Mageia 3. Only the home servers will contain Mageia 3 Cauldron packages (pre-alpha) at this time. Mageia 3 is due out in 9 months!

Mageia 2 uses Kernel 3.3.6, and the matching kernel-headers, both of which in pet format can be found on my servers under the puppy mage directory for those who want to build. All packages were rebuilt under this kernel so may not work undre earlier ones.

Woof users will need to ammend their path configurations from 'cauldron' to '2' until barry ammends woof again!

Warning! I have found quite a number of changes are needed for mageia 2 to be built in woof2, and are going through it all at the moment and compiling a list at this stage. It shall appear under this topic when completed. Fixes will follow.
Last edited by scsijon on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

scsijon

#2 Post by scsijon »

Folks, I need 'heaps' of testers from the 17th of July please, as I believe i'm at the stage of the last Alpha for a Mageia 2 Puppy and only beta and release versions with 'tweeks' to go.

I have a growing respect for BarryK for working from scratch each time he has taken on a new base.

I must say I have a growing relief that I will be finally able to get back to building my qtpuppy, although I am wondering if I should build a x86-64 as well.

Topic listed below takes you to the page, and the top of the first page has the wanted details.

regards and thanks
scsijon