Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12 with 3.4.2 kernel.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#861 Post by pemasu »

Thanks Gnuxo. I will try again.

pemasu

#862 Post by pemasu »

Amazing. I usually do not much go to the irc channel to discuss with developers but now I did go. The Youtuber plugin for latest Qupzilla-1.3.1 didnt load.
I went to freenode qupzilla channel and I explained the problem and .....after couple of minutes the developer chatted that now it works....download the latest git...
I did and and compiled Qupzilla-1.3.1 with Youtuber plugin and now it works !!!
Phil Collins sings so nicely in VLC.
I am grateful and would call that the service of best class !

I have reuploaded the Qupzilla-1.3.1.pet. I think that people should test that it works. I have compiled and uninstalled it so many times that everything is possible.

pemasu

#863 Post by pemasu »

I repackaged and okay...also recompiled the tint2 panel for openbox.
I noticed that the previous pet did not have working .xinitrc included.

So...I repackaged it. Now if you download openbox-exprimo and tint2-with-menu-0.11 pets you can use wmswitcher from menu to change to openbox and with restart it loads openbox and tint2 panel.

There is also fbpanel-exprimo panel separately as traditional choice for openbox panel.

Stu90 could now give us tutorial course of tint2, lol.

Gnuxo

#864 Post by Gnuxo »

Pemasu, thanks for the hard efforts on Youtuber working. :)

A big thank you to the folks at Qupzilla as well.

The only issue I still have is that Gecko-media player isn't detected by Qupzilla and the Vlc pugin crashes the browser. Though I mostly use Youtuber so it's not a major loss.

Though I wonder if there's some incompatibility. :?

pemasu

#865 Post by pemasu »

Gnuxo. Dont use that vlc-plugin which was separately packaged. The reuploaded vlc-2.0.1.pet has the compliant vlc-plugin included. Just reminder.
I am not sure if gecko-mediaplayer plugin will manifest for Qupzilla. Mplayer does not know how to play youtube urls. They need straight url for .flv content. So making working gnome-mplayer plugin would need some .flv url parser to be included also...to play youtube media.

But...there is gtk-youtube-viewer for that task, it uses mplayer as backend.
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 18:14, edited 2 times in total.

shinobar

remasterpup2

#866 Post by shinobar »

majorfoo wrote:Please consider the changes to remaster process made by
rerwin on page 27 of link shown below

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=390

lupu528-IU001_rerwin_patch-9.pet
This patch has worked well in Lucid-528 series for me. If you approve, he will have to make similar changes in this version.

These changes removes error message on boot of new remastered copy regarding improper shutdown - removes welcome screen on remastered copy and removes the save on shutdown of remastered copy.
rerwin's patch is worth to onsider, but the point is removing the file/etc/.XLOADED, which you can do manually.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

Gnuxo

#867 Post by Gnuxo »

I have been using the inegrated VLC plugin. :(

Whenever I try to play media that requires a media plugin, the browser crashes.

It's odd though because I have Qupzilla installed on an Ubuntu laptop and Totem works just fine.

Could there be some glitch in which only Gstreamer apps work?

I asked Nowrep and he says that it's not the case, and I haven't tried Totem or Parole on puppy in order to see if that is indeed the case or not.

pemasu

#868 Post by pemasu »

Yeah, I think that I compiled vlc-plugin using xulrunner dev package. I think that the incompatibilty comes from that. vlc-plugin is basically mozilla browser plugin which works fine with Firefox...and Dpup Exprimo comes with Firefox, lol.
I dont know how to compile vlc-plugin for Qupzilla if there is even that possibility.

Gnuxo

#869 Post by Gnuxo »

I think that's the trouble with even Gecko-mediaplayer which is specifically compiled for Firefox.

That's not a problem for Midori, which will play it all regardless, but I guess Qupzilla is not Midori.

Qupzilla is still a fantastic browser which I prefer to use.

pemasu

#870 Post by pemasu »

I extracted the remasterpup2 from the rerwin's pet. Of course I dont know if that is all it needs and if it is dpup exprimo compliant. If someone wants to give it a go...here is the pet which overwrites the existing one.
Someone with remasterpup2 content knowledge can also give valuable comments.
Attachments
remasterpup2-replacement-0.0.1.pet
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

Gnuxo

#871 Post by Gnuxo »

I had an interesting thought.

Is it possible to stream youtube in FFplay?

I'm not sure how that would work but I noticed that FFplay is an option in default apps.

pemasu

#872 Post by pemasu »

Yes. When I compiled ffmpeg, I left ffplay in distro.
You can play from command line with ffplay .avi .mkv .mp4 etc...
But ffplay has the same restriction as mplayer. It needs some parser which parses the url for .flv content.
If you get the url for .flv and you can give that to the ffplay, I believe it plays it.

gcmartin

#873 Post by gcmartin »

don570

resizepfile.sh

#874 Post by don570 »

Barry K tells me that woof has another version
of resizepfile.sh that has been internationalized

http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/finf ... zepfile.sh

Posted on 3 Feb 2012, 8:26 by BarryK
More scripts i18n'ed
internationalized: remove_builtin, resizepfile.sh, set_hwclock_type, set_time_for_puppy, sfsget, usb_modeswitch_status, video-wizard, wakepup2, wizardwizard, xinitrc_test, xserverwixard:

http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/info/57bb7bf225

majorfoo

#875 Post by majorfoo »

pemasu wrote:Majorfoo. Abiword-2.8.6 bundle is it's own whole in one pet.
Abiword-2.9.0 needs to be installed by clicking examine dependencies.

I dont understand why you install first the other one as bundled which has everything for abiword-2.8.6 and gnumeric and then after that abiword-2.9.0 which is dependent of different version of libgsf-gnome.

I think that wont make much sense, lol.

Install the older abiword bundle or abiword-2.9.0 with examine dependencies which will give you all the needed dependencies as separate downloads and installs them.

I let them them be there as 2 choices which to use, not so that you install both.
I like to use the latest version of a program, therefore, the reason I loaded abiword-286, gnumeric-1.17 and goffice pet.
Then I loaded the abiword 2.90 pet - was merely pointing out that a lib was missing the abiword 2.90 pet.

Sorry for confusion

majorfoo

#876 Post by majorfoo »

pemasu wrote:I extracted the remasterpup2 from the rerwin's pet. Of course I dont know if that is all it needs and if it is dpup exprimo compliant. If someone wants to give it a go...here is the pet which overwrites the existing one.
Someone with remasterpup2 content knowledge can also give valuable comments.
Installed this pet and remastered.
This pet is much faster than one in original live cd.
Remaster time of 266mb went from 23 miniuites to 8 minutes using this pet

Thanks for providing
Last edited by majorfoo on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

majorfoo

Re: remasterpup2

#877 Post by majorfoo »

shinobar wrote:
rerwin's patch is worth to onsider, but the point is removing the file/etc/.XLOADED, which you can do manually.
removing /etc/.XLOADED stops the error on previous shutdown in the remastered copy.

I still want to get rid of the Quick Setup screen on the remastered copy and the Save on Shutdown screen on the remastered copy.

rerwin accomplished all three items with his changes in lucid series quoted in my previous post.

Thanks

pemasu

#878 Post by pemasu »

Thank you majorfoo for testing and giving feedback of remasterpup2 a la rerwin. I have replaced the script in woof.

pemasu

#879 Post by pemasu »

I have played today with firefox extensions global installation script. What it means. It was Iguleder`s invention to extract id information and then install the .xpi to the /usr/lib/firefox/extensions. There is also ready script in net, but that does not create compressed .xpi and takes more space. Iguleders command is better.

Code: Select all

install -m644 -D /root/Downloads/easy_youtube_video_downloader-6.2-fx.xpi $INSTALL_DIR/usr/lib/firefox/extensions/\{c0c9a2c7-2e5c-4447-bc53-97718bc91e1b}.xpi 
Posted on 19 Oct 2011, 18:51 by Iguleder1
Preinstalled Seamonkey/Firefox extensions
Barry, I found a way to pre-install extensions for Firefox and Seamonkey without having to create a profile first!
It's really simple - I found out that xpi extensions are zip archives. Just unzip an extensions, open install.rdf and get its ID, which is a GUID.
In the case of TorButton, it's "{e0204bd5-9d31-402b-a99d-a6aa8ffebdca}":
install -m644 -D torbutton-current.xpi $INSTALL_DIR/usr/local/apps/firefox/extensions/\{e0204bd5-9d31-402b-a99d-a6aa8ffebdca\}.xpi
After installation, the extension will be loaded from the global location. You can remove your /root/.mozilla user created folder and you wont lose these extensions. For puplet builder the benefit is bigger. I can push whatever extension as preinstalled to the Firefox. I have already flashblock, adblock and fireftp preinstalled as global installation. You just need to enable those extensions inside Firefox.

I have created more of them. Flvideoreplacer gives you possibility to play for example youtube videos with mplayer - gnome-mplayer - vlc - whatever player - ffplay (seemed fast). It just needs playing with preferences > pfererred method standalone player > standalone player custom > /usr/bin/ffplay and it lets you also download video.
Next you can use ffconvert to strip the audio. Lol.

Or you can use my provided online audio strippers from youtube videos. I created several ones.

Also here is youtube video downloader to just download video.

Fireuploader is picture uploader to the free web upload sites...it has several sites supported.

Couple of google translator - wiktionary extensions.
Attachments
loudtronix_audio_video_downloader_extension-1.5-fx.pet
(10.94 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
easy_youtube_video_downloader-6.2-fx.pet
(170.17 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
flvideoreplacer-2.1.1-fx.pet
(119.56 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
wiktionary_and_google_translate-5.10-fx.pet
(41.41 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
youtube-downloader-firefox-3.6.6.pet
(170.95 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
youtube_to_mp3-1.2.3-fx.pet
(10.78 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 01 Aug 2012, 08:57, edited 2 times in total.

peebee

#880 Post by peebee »

pemasu wrote:Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.8 has been reuploaded. Only changes are that all the nouveau stuff has been removed.
Hi pemasu

I still get the "Out of Range" message and a black screen on initial boot with the new 5.x.3.4.2.8 - still have to ctrl-alt-backspace and run xorgwizard to choose nv at correct aspect ratio.

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64