GNU Freedink

Play with your Puppy.
sfoster

GNU Freedink

#1 Post by sfoster »

Hi guys,
Here is a package of a fairly complete Zelda-like RPG. I hope you enjoy it. It has been updated recently, so I hope to repackage it this summer. Meanwhile, have fun! The link can be found here (it's a .pet):
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2qC9q ... ZjZDk2NTc3
It also requires zziplib, available here (it's also a .pet):
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2qC9q ... TdyYkNlSlE
and the full SDL set except for sdl_net and sdl_gfx .
I'm pretty sure I configured the dependencies correctly, so if in doubt, just run a check.
Give me a shout if something blows up.
Yours,
S

Eldon

#2 Post by Eldon »

Slacko's package manager won't read it as it probably sees it as a GZ file(which the dl manager says it is, but it downloads as a .pet), and xarchiver won't because it's a .pet

Suggestions?

sfoster

#3 Post by sfoster »

Huh,
That's strange, I compiled it on lucid, but as far as I know they use the same package format. It might be a google thing also. I will try it and if nessecary repackage, but meanwhile have you tried running the "pet2tgz" command? If you are desperate you could unpack manually from there. I will try and come back in a few hours, hopefully with an updated package.
Yours,
S

sfoster

#4 Post by sfoster »

I am in Slacko 5.3 now. I downloaded the package and installed and everything worked fine.
I used icecat 3.6.13 to do the download. What browser are you using? It might make a difference.

Eldon

#5 Post by Eldon »

Got it to work.
But that IS strange. Using SeaMonkey.

I redownloaded, and and when it said it was a .GZ it had the option to open with pupzip, which I did. It gave me the option to add it to an archive or CREATE a new one.

I added it to another (.zip) archive, then extracted with xarchiver, and it now is correctly recognized as a .pet.

Thanks!!!
Now I'm gonna try Dune :D