Keyboard problems

Using applications, configuring, problems

Keyboard problems

#1 Post by Guest »

This problem isn't only with Puppy but with any distro...I think it even first started with the MicroBees I used in the early 80's.

But basically this is the problem.......Person or Persons unknown (may even be goblins or gremlins) move the keys as I type and I seem to get an abnormal amount of typos.....
Another theory is that as soon as I come with in typing distance the wiring to my fingertips is rerouted to the wrong places....

I need help as this has plagued me on or off for 20 -25 years.........The strange thing is this problem doesn't seem to affect as many as my females friends as male

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

It happens to me also. Usually flipped adjacent characters. Worse, even when I proof read I miss teh errors.

But aftre I submit the post or print the file the errors become obvious.

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Ian »

I have discovered my problem, my fingers are out of sync with my brain.

While my brain is racing ahead composing the text I wish to display, my fingers are lagging behind and being a male and only able to do one thing at a time the fingers unfortunatly miss out on the mental effort required to manipulate the keyboard in the correct manner.

I have the same problem using pen and paper unless I write v e r y s l o w l y
but this results in gibberish as the brain can only concentrate on .., well you know the story.

danleff

#4 Post by danleff »

I had someone ask me on the old forum if I noticed that I was not typing correctly. He/she asked me if I had some sort of physical problem.

I guess being a two finger typist is a physical problem...
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith

EarlSmith

#5 Post by EarlSmith »

I have always used the "one track male mind" excuse. I also think it covers up the fact that my spelling skills are not so great, so I live by a double edged sword. Also, being male we can always blame someone or something else. I always believe if you can understand it, that's close enough.