How to get back my Wbar menu entry?

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
sarum

How to get back my Wbar menu entry?

#1 Post by sarum »

On a previous computer I installed Wbar and by going to menu/desktop/desktop settings I could scroll down to 'wbar config'(or settings); and alter everything - almost. 
I've now another computer; Ram520/160HDD puppy528 Full install with 1GB of SWAP. 
I've installed wbar and via 'open in text' I changed a couple of things; but as an old, long term newby I'd really like to get back to where I was, with a menu entry. 
Any help with this will be very much appreciated...........sarum

espertalhao04

#2 Post by espertalhao04 »

well, you can try, on your old computer, to go to /root/.jwm-menu or something like that...
it's the file with the menu entries...
you simply have to search for the menu entries created for wbar...
tell me your results...
asus a6000: intel m 1.6ghz, 2gb ram ddr, no hdd, usb 2.0 pendrive running puppy linux 4.3.1

`f00

#3 Post by `f00 »

@sarum
You did install a similar version of wbar on the 2nd machine, yes? Old versions like 133 do not have the config gui, which I gather is what you want (as well as the menu entry for it).

If you have jwm on your 1st machine, then /root/.jwmrc will have the info about the jwm menu details .. look in /usr/share/applications for a *.desktop file (with * being something like wbar-config) for the file that makes the menu entry in most wms. Copy this *.desktop file to the 2nd machine (check the 2nd machine to make sure you have the file listed on the exec=<wbar-config or similar> line of that *.desktop file) .. refresh menu and you should be fine. fixmenus and reload for jwm, fixmenus for icewm, obmenu-refresh for openbox and so on - a simple fixmenus in console should do most common wms

If wbar has an icon/button for the wbar-config gui, putting it in the menu is a bit redundant :| (unless you only use it occasionally and would rather have it as a menu item instead of an icon/button).

espertalhao04

#4 Post by espertalhao04 »

i think he meant to say is that he had a sub-menu in the menu with all the configs...

but right now, i am not sure...
asus a6000: intel m 1.6ghz, 2gb ram ddr, no hdd, usb 2.0 pendrive running puppy linux 4.3.1

`f00

#5 Post by `f00 »

yah (the op is a couple weeks old, so he may have solved it already)

I think it depends on the package as to whether a dotdesktop is included (see my 3rd above for why). Heck, I do something similar with 133 and my aemenu for 5 basic variations with my usual filters. About the only thing I think I'm missing is an offset parameter and a few frills that came in with the 2 series (don't like any text at all with wbar so the old 133 suits me fine, config gui :P imxho)

espertalhao04

#6 Post by espertalhao04 »

i don't use wbar, so, i can't tell you much more...
i have implemented my own dock back, using 100% jwm code...
it' quite basic, and a bit hard to update...
but totally worth it!!!