pngovl v. 0.1b (fixed stupid bug)

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
vovchik

pngovl v. 0.1b (fixed stupid bug)

#1 Post by vovchik »

Dear puppians,

I fixed a stupid bug in the first post src and binary. The cmd line parser was looking at the wrong argv stuff, so it required a one-byte change. I apologize. Here is a proper version. That is what you get when testing in one directory and not actually doing an install. Sorry again.... This pet version - 0.1.b - was compiled in Lucid.

---- old stuff

I recently redid a little utility which I wrote some time back, Barry K. improved and I improved further called "pngovl". It takes a background img ovl, overlays another and saves the result. You can control scaling and placement of the foreground image. It is a nice complement to ImageWorsener http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=75845, so as to avoid installing ImageMagick for most common graphics processing tasks. Here are a few examples of what it does with a background image, a foreground image and scaling factors.

I compiled the pet in Puppy 3.01 so it should work in nearly all Puppies. The source is also available here.

Have fun.

With kind regards,
vovchik

PS. I have included this routine into Pikona and will release a new version as soon as I finish writing a thumbnailing procedure, which already works but just needs inclusion, a largely mechanical job. Pikona - new version - is also IM-free and weighs in now at not 6 MB (because of IM) but roughly 26k!
Attachments
pngovl-0.1b.pet
(7.23 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
pngovl-0.1b.bac.tar.gz
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
tst0.png
(19.64 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
tst01.png
(15.78 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
tst.png
(11.4 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
matt1.png
(7.72 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
cat_red.png
(19.86 KiB) Downloaded 503 times

vovchik

#2 Post by vovchik »

Dear puppians,

I fixed a really stupid bug - one byte - that screwed the cmd line parsing. All fixed now... Shame on me....

With kind regards,
vovchik

darkcity

#3 Post by darkcity »

is the image for pussy linux? ; -)

vovchik

#4 Post by vovchik »

Dear darkcity,

Could be! Everything I code is dedicated to my very able and intelligent Uzbek-born Siberian cat....

With kind regards,
vovchik