Ov-Precise updated iso starts on page 8 No longer AVAILABLE

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Billtoo

#101 Post by Billtoo »

scabz wrote:Billtoo how did you make gogglesmm?
Was everything compiled from source or created from precise debs?
was the libs included in the pet or are they separate pets?
I installed it in Puppy Package Manager, it supplied all the dependencies.

gcmartin

#102 Post by gcmartin »

I had the same results as BillToo. Hardinfo reports that my systems see all of the RAM as he reports.

And, Billtoo shows a GoogleMM that I would like to test. I have a large collection of songs over the years and wonder how it might handle them. Wonder if he might generate a PET or maybe its in the PPM already and I hadn't noticed.

@Oldyeller, thank you for your contribution(s). Really a GEM.

pemasu

#103 Post by pemasu »

Yeah...Precise Puppy has pae kernel and it should show all the RAM. I suppose we are speaking of Precise Puppy kernel if it is not mentioned in the post differently.

And yes...PPM has gogglesmm in repo.
I just copied this from Packages-ubuntu-precise-universe:
gogglesmm_0.12.3-1|gogglesmm|0.12.3-1||BuildingBlock|1437K|pool/universe/g/gogglesmm|gogglesmm_0.12.3-1_i386.deb|+libc6,+libcurl3,+libdbus-1-3,+libexpat1,+libfox-1.6-0,+libgcc1,+libgcrypt11,+libgl1-mesa-glx,+libglu1-mesa,+libsqlite3-0,+libstdc++6,+libtag1c2a,+libx11-6,+libxine1|Goggles Music Manager|ubuntu|precise||

Maybe the precise-universe repo needs to be enabled to see it. Use config manager.

don570

#104 Post by don570 »

I've just downloaded Precise and I'll make a right click package for it
on Saturday.

By the way Slacko saves space by not including gtkhash or
ghasher. The function could be replaced with a right click package
likehttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=78276

or my

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=79207

oldyeller

#105 Post by oldyeller »

don570 wrote:I've just downloaded Precise and I'll make a right click package for it
on Saturday.

By the way Slacko saves space by not including gtkhash or
ghasher. The function could be replaced with a right click package
likehttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=78276

or my

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=79207

Cheers

roadkill13

#106 Post by roadkill13 »

Now I am getting started to do pets so if anyone wants to help go for it and I will put them in the repo
What repo?

PPM in final version appears to be same as previous versions. No packages in puppy-precise.

pemasu

#107 Post by pemasu »

puppy-precise is Barry Kauler`s repo. It is not possible to use it for uploading pets. Of course you can suggest pets for Barry so that he uploads them to his repo.

But...if you want your own repo....you have to create it and have upload site also. I and oldyeller have upload sites in smokey01.com. Thank you Smokey01 !!!!
So...that repo needs to be named differently. I used pet_packages-upup....and I think oldyeller has done the same. We can use same names...because the url to the repo is different and so the PPM searches the right location.

If I upload stuff to my repo....oldyeller can copy it and vice versa.
If I have time to update my Upup Precise...and there is oldyeller version in the aether....I believe it would not hurt anyone. The more traffic with Precise Puppy....the better. The more feedback and bugs found.

oldyeller

#108 Post by oldyeller »

pemasu wrote:puppy-precise is Barry Kauler`s repo. It is not possible to use it for uploading pets. Of course you can suggest pets for Barry so that he uploads them to his repo.

But...if you want your own repo....you have to create it and have upload site also. I and oldyeller have upload sites in smokey01.com. Thank you Smokey01 !!!!
So...that repo needs to be named differently. I used pet_packages-upup....and I think oldyeller has done the same. We can use same names...because the url to the repo is different and so the PPM searches the right location.

If I upload stuff to my repo....oldyeller can copy it and vice versa.
If I have time to update my Upup Precise...and there is oldyeller version in the aether....I believe it would not hurt anyone. The more traffic with Precise Puppy....the better. The more feedback and bugs found.
I agree 100% it takes team work for any puppy to get off the ground.

pemasu

#109 Post by pemasu »

I have now uploaded kernel 3.2.27-precise to the smokey01.com. It uses Barry Kauler`s DOTconfig ie it is pae kernel, I just included those missing dvb tuner drivers.

Download link: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/Kernel_sourc ... 7-precise/

oldyeller

#110 Post by oldyeller »

pemasu wrote:I have now uploaded kernel 3.2.27-precise to the smokey01.com. It uses Barry Kauler`s DOTconfig ie it is pae kernel, I just included those missing dvb tuner drivers.

Will download and do a build on Saturday

Cheers

gcmartin

#111 Post by gcmartin »

James C wrote: ... I certainly don't appreciate it being implied that I misquoted anyone. ...
I sorry to offend as it is not intentional. I think you know that, though.

The need to re-publish/re-link what has already been done over and over during the last decade is not a necessity to try to clarify what has been accomplished by him and what the Linux and Puppy community has done is using his accomplishments.

That was a clarification...NOT an attack. Your credibility is high with me. But, that quote was a single line(s) taken out of context. That's all.

Please accept my apology to any and everyone who felt that I published to attack someone. I did not!

And no one of us should feel that our credibility has been diminished by any clarification any of us shares. Life is and should continue to be a constant learning experience where any useful knowledge can be of benefit as it rounds out our understanding.

Here to help

don570

#112 Post by don570 »

Here's a special version of right click for precise

Some changes I made

1) added puppyclock 5.9
2) added create m3u
3) added puppy backup
3) added caculate MD5sum
4) removed pclock
5) removed ffconvert

I had to make the package using a different method,
so the pinstall script ends with

Code: Select all

/usr/sbin/fixmenus
jwm -reload
It shouldn't need a restart of Xwindows because of that code

don570

#113 Post by don570 »

Beta version of Softmaker office program can be
downloaded for free. License serial number is emailed to user.
http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofl_en.htm

rerwin

Puppy infrastructure fixes and improvements

#114 Post by rerwin »

oldyeller,
I plan to post my infrastructure fixes in this thread, now that it is the primary thread for precise-pup development. The first sets are in the original precise 5.2.60 thread by Barry, here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 525#633525
packages
  • precise_rerwin_fixes-3.pet
    rerwin_woof_fixes-delta-3a.pet.
They are explained there, so I won't duplicate that here.

Since then, I have built woof-ready packages for the latest usb-modeswitch tool, usually used for wireless modems. They are attached. I posted the change log in the lucid-pup thread here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 351#646351

I do not expect problems with either of the 'fixes" packages. But I do not have a wireless modem for testing of the mode switcher (beyond verifying that it executes). Please report any problems with it. Also, if anyone has remaining issues with the behavior of the basic puppy functions, please report them here in case they are things I can fix.
Richard
Attachments
usb-modeswitch-1.2.4.pet
USB hybrid-device mode switcher
(29.94 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
Last edited by rerwin on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 15:29, edited 2 times in total.

scabz

#115 Post by scabz »

All Pets below compiled in Precise,I was finally able to get xine-lib, xine-ui, gogglesmm and all dependencies to compile without error.

Gogglesmm v0.12.6 DEV, DOC, or NLS pets are not needed for Gogglesmm to run.

gogglesmm-v0.12.6-i486-percise.sfs Download "This sfs has all required dependencies included besides the DEV files. If you have any of the dependencies below from other pets do not use this sfs it can clobber your system."

gogglesmm-0.12.6-i486.pet Download
gogglesmm_DOC-0.12.6-i486.pet Download
gogglesmm_NLS-0.12.6-i486.pet Download

dependencies -
fox-1.6.46-i486.pet Download
fox_DEV-1.6.46-i486.pet Download
fox_DOC-1.6.46-i486.pet Download

taglib-1.7.2-i486.pet Download
taglib_DEV-1.7.2-i486.pet Download

xine-lib-1.1.21-i486.pet Download - i am still trying to get 1.2.x to compile
xine-lib_DEV-1.1.21-i486.pet Download
xine-lib_DOC-1.1.21-i486.pet Download
xine-lib_NLS-1.1.21-i486.pet Download

Xine-Ui-0.99.6

xine-ui-0.99.6-i486.pet Download Depends on xine-lib from above, if you have my gogglesmm sfs from above loaded you can just install this pet.
xine-ui_DOC-0.99.6-i486.pet Download
xine-ui_NLS-0.99.6-i486.pet Download
Last edited by scabz on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#116 Post by oldyeller »

Hello everyone,

I have fixed geany it now works on either 16bit or24bit. gtkhash works as well.

Added pmusic-2.6.5,pburn-3.7.4,pprocess-2.3.2,pscedule-1.0.3

Also added gtkhash by Billtoo fixed it to be used in woof, geany by mavrothal fixed it for woof.

Added more pets to the upup repo.

Thanks don for the right-click pet.

I will do a build with the kernel that pemasu compiled. On Sunday. I am very tired it took me all day to fix Precise and modify some pets that I put into woof and in the repo.

Thanks rerwin will take a look.

scabz will check out pets and than put them in the repo or maybe make sfs out of them? what do you think?

Cheers

scabz

#117 Post by scabz »

oldyeller i would have both pets and sfs available,pets are good if say person already had some of the dependencies installed and you can keep your savefile smaller by not installing DEV,DOC,or NLS pets.
sfs are great for a one stop shop for app and all dependencies bundled together but can clobber you system if you have any of the dependencies already installed.

I will edit my above post with a sfs that has all dependencies minus the DEV files. DEV pets can be installed if you want to compile against any of the libs in the sfs.

oldyeller

#118 Post by oldyeller »

scabz wrote:oldyeller i would have both pets and sfs available,pets are good if say person already had some of the dependencies installed and you can keep your savefile smaller by not installing DEV,DOC,or NLS pets.
sfs are great for a one stop shop for app and all dependencies bundled together but can clobber you system if you have any of the dependencies already installed.

I will edit my above post with a sfs that has all dependencies minus the DEV files. DEV pets can be installed if you want to compile against any of the libs in the sfs.
I do agree with you I personally like sfs's they don't increase your save file. Pets are good too, one can just use the ppm. I am going to see what can be done to use the ppm for sfs's as well.

Thanks for the pets and the sfs. Can put the pets in upup repo if you want?

oldyeller

#119 Post by oldyeller »

oldyeller wrote:
pemasu wrote:I have now uploaded kernel 3.2.27-precise to the smokey01.com. It uses Barry Kauler`s DOTconfig ie it is pae kernel, I just included those missing dvb tuner drivers.

Will download and do a build on Saturday

Cheers
The new build is Done. It has the right-click by don

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=80431

Cheers

scabz

#120 Post by scabz »

lxterminal on page 2 that playdayz posted did not work right for me so i went over to lxde site and got the source for lxterminal, lxtask, and gpicview. I compiled source and dependencies in Percise Puppy.

lxterminal-0.1.11, lxtask-0.1.4 and gpicview-0.2.3

lxterminal-0.1.11-i486.pet Download requires vte-0.28.2-i486.pet to function.

lxtask-0.1.4-i486.pet Download

gpicview-0.2.3-i486.pet Download

i did not post any DEV DOC or NLS pets if you want them you can get them from my Repo http://www.mediafire.com/?gh5x8eblxp8a0