pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1821 Post by Flash »

Right-clicking a directory in Pburn's left window transfers that directory to Pburn's right window (what I call Pburn's burn window). But if there are a hundred directories to transfer to the burn window, this takes a while. I have not found a way to select a bunch of directories in Pburn's left window (for instance by left-clicking the area between directories and then dragging, as I can do in ROX, or by holding down a key such as the Ctrl key while right-clicking directories in a list). If I could somehow select a large group of directories from a list in Pburn's left window, then right-click the selected directories to transfer them en masse to the burn window, I'd be a happy camper. :)

Now that you've forced me to think about it, it does seem that right-clicking a hundred individual subdirectories in Pburn would almost certainly have been faster than copying them from one directory to another, then right-clicking that directory in Pburn. So maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill :oops:

disciple

#1822 Post by disciple »

I have not found a way to select a bunch of directories in Pburn's left window (for instance by left-clicking the area between directories and then dragging, as I can do in ROX, or by holding down a key such as the Ctrl key while right-clicking directories in a list)
Oh, sure. When Zigbert talked about multiple selection in Pfind I was thinking you would have to click them all one at a time. But yes, it would be much faster if it was possible to click and drag, or shift-click the first and last files, to select a large number.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#1823 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.7.3
See main post

Changelog
- Multi-selection in builtin browser
- Dependency check either from Help-menu or parameter -D
- NLS:Added: LOC142

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1824 Post by Flash »

Thank you Sigmund! Pburn is truly ready for the big time now.

I installed Pburn 3.7.3, opened it and navigated its built-in browser to a directory that contains many subdirectories, each of which contains many mp3 files. I was able to select a large contiguous group of these subdirectories by holding down the Shift key while left-clicking the first and last of the group of subdirectories that I wanted to burn. I also found I could select individual subdirectories by holding down the Ctrl key while left-clicking the desired subdirectories. Once the subdirectories I wanted were selected, I clicked the + sign in Pburn and the selected directories showed up in the burn window. Excellent work!

Anyone who burns data to optical disks, CD, DVD or Blu-Ray, should try Pburn. :D

zigbert

#1825 Post by zigbert »

Flash wrote:Anyone who burns data to optical disks, CD, DVD or Blu-Ray, should try Pburn. :D
I thought that burning was yesterdays technology, but it seems that BD has given it new life. I have recently been in contact with several users that wants Pburn to run in other distros. Someone is spreading the word.....

Thank you for your testing and reports
Sigmund

majorfoo

#1826 Post by majorfoo »

just curious -
Updated Pburn 3.61 to 3.72 and noticed the following

Pburn 3.61 burn iso image defaults to close session
Pburn 3.73 burn iso image defaults to multi session

Percentage wise, would not most users close session when burning iso?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1827 Post by Flash »

majorfoo wrote:... would not most users close session when burning iso?
Just guessing, but I think most users would be using Pburn to burn live CDs or DVDs of Puppy isos, in which case burning a multisession disk makes multisession Puppy an automatic option. Otherwise I don't think it matters if the iso is burned on a multisession disk, it will still boot the same. I could be wrong. :roll:

zigbert

#1828 Post by zigbert »

The reason for closing session was to verify burnt data. Now, Rerwin has helped out to support verifying also for multisession. Then there was no argument left to close session.

Sigmund

majorfoo

#1829 Post by majorfoo »

zigbert wrote:The reason for closing session was to verify burnt data. Now, Rerwin has helped out to support verifying also for multisession. Then there was no argument left to close session.

Sigmund
thanks for quick reply and clarification

zigbert

#1830 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.7.4
See main post

Changelog
- Use gettext for NLS. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Bugfix: Build help-text for burnoptions.
- Bugfix: Advanced info-dialog also shows heading of chapter 4 of help file.

Henry

#1831 Post by Henry »

I clicked on 3.7.4 in the main post and was offered 3.73 to download.
zigbert wrote:Version 3.7.4
See main post

Changelog
- Use gettext for NLS. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Bugfix: Build help-text for burnoptions.
- Bugfix: Advanced info-dialog also shows heading of chapter 4 of help file.

zigbert

#1832 Post by zigbert »

Henry wrote:I clicked on 3.7.4 in the main post and was offered 3.73 to download.
Fixed - thank you

gcmartin

Pburn and UDF. Is there any chance of a marriage in Puppy

#1833 Post by gcmartin »

@Zigbert, could you weigh-in here? Your expertise and your insight could help the community with your views and efforts.

One of the problems here is when the UDF CD/DVD/BD is inserted. It will not mount in Puppy, So, I not sure if PBUrn will be able to provide community assistance. But, you may have a recommendation for Barry or others of us to help.

Thanks in advance for any advice you provide us.

zigbert

#1834 Post by zigbert »

There are other guys around here that are much more skilled than I am.

I am not a Windows-user, so I haven't met the compatibility issues when it comes to UDF. The Universal-Disc-Format doesn't seem to be THAT universal to me.

I have added UDF in Pburn simply because mkisofs supports it.

Sigmund

gcmartin

UDF request again.

#1835 Post by gcmartin »

zigbert wrote:... when it comes to UDF. The Universal-Disc-Format ... I have added UDF in Pburn simply because mkisofs supports it.

Sigmund
I understand that you might not want to acknowledge UDF, but please look at this. I feel it might trigger something you may know about that would help.

The community has found how to get PUPs to register the DVD/CD/BluRay, and ROX presents its for access and use. But there is this issue, now that the system see it, where PBurn may need something to allow/accomplish writing.

Here to help

disciple

Re: UDF request again.

#1836 Post by disciple »

gcmartin wrote:
zigbert wrote:... when it comes to UDF. The Universal-Disc-Format ... I have added UDF in Pburn simply because mkisofs supports it.

Sigmund
I understand that you might not want to acknowledge UDF
What planet are you on?
Zigbert's made it clear on more than one occasion that he doesn't have anything against UDF, he's just not the right person to ask about this problem. If you want to solve it you should either find the right person to ask, or do some research and solve it yourself.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#1837 Post by zigbert »

Burning further sessions to an already used disc requires to use the (exact) same burning settings as the initial session. That is why further burning often fails even if trying to continue burning of a Linux-burnt disc. Another burning app might use different default settings. If you imaging to continue to write to a disc initialized in Windows for UDF (which is not Universal), I think you are aiming high.

BUT! On the other hand. If you succeed and Pburn requires some tweaking to work, I am more than happy to include new improvements to the next Pburn release.

Sigmund

disciple

#1838 Post by disciple »

If you imaging to continue to write to a disc initialized in Windows for UDF (which is not Universal), I think you are aiming high.
I think there must be some way to detect the right settings... but the initial problem they're dealing with in that thread is just reading the disks!

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

gcmartin

Using UDF media

#1839 Post by gcmartin »

Thanks @Zigbert for your understanding

I understood (even the first time you replied on your thread) what you are getting at.

And yes, there seems to be 2 distinct issues; one of which is identified and addressed, while the other surfaced immediately after.

The issues:
  • Recognition of the media and mounting (addressed)
  • With mounted media, the ability to write/generate a UDF media which can continue to read/written to from Linux/Macs/Windows.
This is the reasons for drawing your attention to that thread.

Thanks, thus far for your and @Disciple's insights and assistance you provide to this area of media.

Here to help

disciple

Re: Using UDF media

#1840 Post by disciple »

gcmartin wrote:
  • Recognition of the media and mounting (addressed)
Am I missing something, or are you?
How is this "addressed"?:
Smithy wrote:Just tried a few others that are in an "open" state, i.e nearly full but have a coupla gigs left for writing to, and they show up as blank

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER