Ov-Precise updated iso starts on page 8 No longer AVAILABLE

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

#121 Post by oldyeller »

scabz wrote:lxterminal on page 2 that playdayz posted did not work right for me so i went over to lxde site and got the source for lxterminal, lxtask, and gpicview. I compiled source and dependencies in Percise Puppy.

lxterminal-0.1.11, lxtask-0.1.4 and gpicview-0.2.3

lxterminal-0.1.11-i486.pet Download requires vte-0.28.2-i486.pet to function.

lxtask-0.1.4-i486.pet Download

gpicview-0.2.3-i486.pet Download

i did not post any DEV DOC or NLS pets if you want them you can get them from my Repo http://www.mediafire.com/?gh5x8eblxp8a0
That is great!! :D :D will get all your pets in the upup repo soon. It will be nice when Jejy69 comes back from holiday we will get lxde into woof for the next big build of Precise :D :D

James C

#122 Post by James C »

I've uploaded my build of kernel 3.2.27 to Smokey01, finally. Used 01micko's Dotconfig and it is non-pae.
This is the kernel I've been running myself.

http://www.smokey01.com/JamesC/precise/

oldyeller

#123 Post by oldyeller »

James C wrote:I've uploaded my build of kernel 3.2.27 to Smokey01, finally. Used 01micko's Dotconfig and it is non-pae.

Thanks James will down load and build to offer anyone who wants a non-pae version

James C

#124 Post by James C »

I had by mistake uploaded incorrectly labeled pets......... please re-download now that the problem has been corrected. Sorry for any inconvenience. :oops:

don570

#125 Post by don570 »

I was able to compile a wacom driver for precise 5.2.60
with the 3.2.18 kernel.

...But it probably won't work for any other kernel.

Here's my masterpiece using mtpaint

don570

#126 Post by don570 »

I was able to get python and mypaint 1.0 to work in this version
of precise. I got the pets from Geoffrey HERE

And I got Audacity 2.0.1 to work as well from HERE

don570

#127 Post by don570 »

I fixed the pet package so that a restart of Xwindows isn't needed.

advanced bash guide by tux is added and a couple of small bugfixes.

I use this code in the pinstall script and it reconstructs the menu.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

yaf-splash  -bg_gradient false  -close never -fontsize large -bg orange -fb black -text "Please wait for installation... " & PID=$!

/usr/sbin/fixmenus 
 JWMVER=`jwm -v|head -n1|cut -d ' ' -f2|cut -d - -f2`
 if vercmp $JWMVER lt 574;then # change from 547 to 574.
   jwm -restart 
  else
   jwm -reload
  fi
jwm -reload
kill $PID
exit 0

mikeslr

Looking forward to your Non-pae build

#128 Post by mikeslr »

Hi oldyeller,

I'm looking forward to your non-pae build of precise. On the slight chance that I could somehow manage to substitute kernels, I tried to download James C's kernel, but the repo denied permission.
Pae versions of precise work great on my main computer, a quad core. But as I like to keep my other computers up to date, at least three of which can't run pae kernels, I prefer working with non-pae Puppies: customize the version on my quad core and then port it over.
Please see my criticism of creating pae builds here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 563#611563. How many computers are likely to have more than 4 gbs of RAM, but can't run 64-bits? Who are the anticipated users of a Puplet?

mikesLr

oldyeller

Re: Looking forward to your Non-pae build

#129 Post by oldyeller »

mikeslr wrote:Hi oldyeller,

I'm looking forward to your non-pae build of precise. On the slight chance that I could somehow manage to substitute kernels, I tried to download James C's kernel, but the repo denied permission.
Pae versions of precise work great on my main computer, a quad core. But as I like to keep my other computers up to date, at least three of which can't run pae kernels, I prefer working with non-pae Puppies: customize the version on my quad core and then port it over.
Please see my criticism of creating pae builds here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 563#611563. How many computers are likely to have more than 4 gbs of RAM, but can't run 64-bits? Who are the anticipated users of a Puplet?

mikesLr
Hello mikeslr here it is :D :D enjoy

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=80473

oldyeller

#130 Post by oldyeller »

Just got done putting more apps to upup repo enjoy

peebee

#131 Post by peebee »

James C wrote:I've uploaded my build of kernel 3.2.27 to Smokey01, finally. Used 01micko's Dotconfig and it is non-pae.

Download problem:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /JamesC/precise/kernel_sources-3.2.27-precise.sfs on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

oldyeller

#132 Post by oldyeller »

peebee
James C fixed the link on the non-pae thread

Here is an update .pet for mplayer. You will be able to adjust video picture quilty

mplayer_update.001

Cheers
Last edited by oldyeller on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

scabz

#133 Post by scabz »

just finished compiling Clementine and all dependencies in percise puppy.

Clementine-1.0.1

clementine-1.0.1-percise.sfs Download includes all dependencies besides Qt 4.8.2 is required.
clementine-1.0.1-percise.pet Download same as above but a pet, warning takes up 45 M of your savefile.

clementine-1.0.1-i486.pet Download includes no dependencies, needs Qt 4.8.2, glew-1.9.0-i486.pet, libgpod-0.8.0-i486.pet, libplist-1.8-i486.pet, qjson-0.7.1-i486.pet, taglib-1.7.2-i486.pet, gstreamer-0.10.36-i486.pet and gst-plugins-base-0.10.36-i486.pet. Optional gstreamer plugins but needed for playback of most media, gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23-i486.pet, gst-plugins-good-0.10.31-i486.pet, gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19-i486.pet and gst-ffmpeg-0.10.13-i486.pet.
DEV, DOC, and NLS pets are all in my repo if needed http://www.mediafire.com/?gh5x8eblxp8a0

oldyeller

#134 Post by oldyeller »

scabz wrote:just finished compiling Clementine and all dependencies in percise puppy.

Clementine-1.0.1

clementine-1.0.1-percise.sfs Download includes all dependencies besides Qt 4.8.2 is required.
clementine-1.0.1-percise.pet Download same as above but a pet, warning takes up 45 M of your savefile.

clementine-1.0.1-i486.pet Download includes no dependencies, needs Qt 4.8.2, glew-1.9.0-i486.pet, libgpod-0.8.0-i486.pet, libplist-1.8-i486.pet, qjson-0.7.1-i486.pet, taglib-1.7.2-i486.pet, gstreamer-0.10.36-i486.pet and gst-plugins-base-0.10.36-i486.pet. Optional gstreamer plugins but needed for playback of most media, gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23-i486.pet, gst-plugins-good-0.10.31-i486.pet, gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19-i486.pet and gst-ffmpeg-0.10.13-i486.pet.
DEV, DOC, and NLS pets are all in my repo if needed http://www.mediafire.com/?gh5x8eblxp8a0
that awesome thanks- would you be willing to do bibletime?

scabz

#135 Post by scabz »

maybe later, if i can get it to compile i will post it.

oldyeller

#136 Post by oldyeller »

scabz wrote:maybe later, if i can get it to compile i will post it.
Hey no problem!! I do very much appreciate all the pets and sfs's you have already done for precise :D :D

Cheers

pemasu

#137 Post by pemasu »

Even though these builds are announced in Derivates section...there seems to be people whom are confused about the naming of these Precise Puppy derivatives ie puplets. Barry Kauler posted about it in his blog.
It might be good idea to change the corresponding name of the puplet. Also Barry Kauler will continue to upload new version with fixes he has found from his announcement thread. I have pointed to oldyeller thread in his thread...so that all these great new compiled apps would be found. I think that scabz has done great work. Clementine is not the easiest to compile due to several dependencies and need for the gstreamer support which is not natively in Puppies.

Of course this naming suggestion is just my humble opinion and not anykind request. I would like to remind that the awakening of these builds was due to silence of development of Precise Puppy. All this work benefits the Precise Puppy...by interest, usage, feedback and bug reports.
Now Barry Kauler has announced that the focus is again with Precise Puppy and so...the naming should not be confusing.

I have spent my spare time with debian wheezy puplet, strictly unofficial woof build. The package structure and libs location change is the same as with Precise Pangolin and so...the work with Precise Puppy benefits almost straight me also. Also the woof fixes for Precise Puppy are almost workable for debian wheezy puplet...sometimes slight modifications are needed (when there is straight pointing to the Precise Puppy)
I had and have quite overwhelming problem with my touchpad movement precision and Precise Puppy. Nothing I have done has cured it. I posted about my problem early in the Precise Puppy thread. It looks like debian wheezy xorg behaves better...just like squeeze has done...that is one of the reasons I concentrate now to the debian wheezy puplet.

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02958

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 9:17 by vicmz
Precise beta3 vs. Precise 5.3
I'm a bit confused. I maintain a forum page in Spanish where langpack_es is offered along with versions of Puppy that are translatable with the language pack. Which should I post as oficial build, Precise beta3 or Precise 5.3?

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 23:05 by BarryK
Re Precise 5.3
I have no control over what people post in the Forum.
I also noted the word "official" being used somewhere inappropriate in the Forum, don't recall exactly.
There is no official Precise 5.3.

oldyeller

#138 Post by oldyeller »

pemasu wrote:Even though these builds are announced in Derivates section...there seems to be people whom are confused about the naming of these Precise Puppy derivatives ie puplets. Barry Kauler posted about it in his blog.
It might be good idea to change the corresponding name of the puplet. Also Barry Kauler will continue to upload new version with fixes he has found from his announcement thread. I have pointed to oldyeller thread in his thread...so that all these great new compiled apps would be found. I think that scabz has done great work. Clementine is not the easiest to compile due to several dependencies and need for the gstreamer support which is not natively in Puppies.

Of course this naming suggestion is just my humble opinion and not anykind request. I would like to remind that the awakening of these builds was due to silence of development of Precise Puppy. All this work benefits the Precise Puppy...by interest, usage, feedback and bug reports.
Now Barry Kauler has announced that the focus is again with Precise Puppy and so...the naming should not be confusing.

I have spent my spare time with debian wheezy puplet, strictly unofficial woof build. The package structure and libs location change is the same as with Precise Pangolin and so...the work with Precise Puppy benefits almost straight me also. Also the woof fixes for Precise Puppy are almost workable for debian wheezy puplet...sometimes slight modifications are needed (when there is straight pointing to the Precise Puppy)
I had and have quite overwhelming problem with my touchpad movement precision and Precise Puppy. Nothing I have done has cured it. I posted about my problem early in the Precise Puppy thread. It looks like debian wheezy xorg behaves better...just like squeeze has done...that is one of the reasons I concentrate now to the debian wheezy puplet.

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02958

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 9:17 by vicmz
Precise beta3 vs. Precise 5.3
I'm a bit confused. I maintain a forum page in Spanish where langpack_es is offered along with versions of Puppy that are translatable with the language pack. Which should I post as oficial build, Precise beta3 or Precise 5.3?

Posted on 22 Aug 2012, 23:05 by BarryK
Re Precise 5.3
I have no control over what people post in the Forum.
I also noted the word "official" being used somewhere inappropriate in the Forum, don't recall exactly.
There is no official Precise 5.3.
You are very correct about this will fix all thread today,

don570

#139 Post by don570 »

Note to oldyeller:

Is there any way you can change the name of this distribution
from Precise?

vicmz

#140 Post by vicmz »

Sorry, when I saw the version number and then read BarryK's blog, I automatically got confused, I must say I was very impulsive. And although my comment on the blog post was a simple request for information, now that I read it again it looks like the type of comments I usually begin by writing "Sorry", for the readers can't see any gestures and etc.
I agree about the renaming, it's as simple as changing to, for example, Precise OV, i.e. Oldyeller's Version. AND it's going to be one of the first puplets within the new internationalisation system, this means more users and testers.