Three-in-a-row: Celebrating PC Innovations with the Puppy

Promote Puppy !
raffy

Three-in-a-row: Celebrating PC Innovations with the Puppy

#1 Post by raffy »

DesktopLinux.com* has been very supportive of the Puppy Linux community, and has just come up with three Web pages about Puppy Linux:

- Tiny, sub-$100 PC runs Puppy Linux: on digg.com and linuxdevices.com

- Puppy Linux celebrates its success

Please join the discussions in those sites and be counted!

Now, a toast to Puppy Linux creator Barry Kauler and all developers** and supporters of Puppy!

* Special thanks to Rick Lehrbaum for his work and enthusiasm.

** I promise to create that list of active developers in the wiki. :)
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Ted Dog

Nice device

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

Question, It looks like the CF card slot is accessable from the outside. Do you just plug in a CF and turn on the switch? Can you remove the CF after boot?

Any testers needed?? He he, Would love to try one out. But I go to the hospital tomorrow, may not comeout with any money left in my account. I pray the M.D.A will pick up the tab again this year.

I love the idea of the VESA mount, That would be great for library terminals in schools, where space/power and heat build up are issues.

raffy

CF slot and barebones

#3 Post by raffy »

Yes, the CF is plugged from the outside, and I guess if you load to RAM pup*.sfs (as usual) and don't save pup_save.3fs on it, you could unplug it later.

Barebones was used for the test as it is smaller than the standard release, but note that John's MeanPuppy is already out, a complete desktop suite in 50 MB.

MU

#4 Post by MU »

my best wishes too, Ted... :)
Mark