some puppies will not open hyperlinks in abiword documents..

Using applications, configuring, problems
yr1945

some puppies will not open hyperlinks in abiword documents..

#1 Post by yr1945 »

i am using bk's precise puppy 5269... i cannot open hyperlinks in abiword documents... yet, i can open the hyperlinks in saluki... what is needed in precise 5269 so that it will allow me to open hyperlinks in abiword documents ??

thank you...

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Sorry for the double post. There was a technical glitch.
Please see below.
Last edited by musher0 on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello, yr1945.

I suspect that Barry has not included the necessary plugins ? He rarely does. Verify if there is any plugin in /usr/lib/abiword-[version number]/plugins ? I'm just downloading the newest precise myself now so I can't tell.

May I suggest you substitute with my assemblage of the complete abiword-9.2?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 10&t=80500 [/url]

It was made from precise *.deb packages on oy-precise 3.6.0, which should be close enough to work properly. Let me know? Thanks.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#4 Post by musher0 »

musher0 wrote:Hello, yr1945.

I suspect that Barry has not included the necessary plugins ? He rarely does. Verify if there is any plugin in /usr/lib/abiword-[version number]/plugins ? I'm just downloading the newest precise myself now so I can't tell.

May I suggest you substitute with my assemblage of the complete abiword-9.2?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 10&t=80500 [/url]

It was made from precise *.deb packages on oy-precise 3.6.0, which should be close enough to work properly. Let me know? Thanks.

BFN.
Hello again!

About abiword-2.9.2 in BK's precise-2.7.3: don't download that abiword, too many lib's are missing. That version does work well in old yeller's precise pup, however.

As I suspected, BK always provides a "blank" abiword, to save space on the iso, no doubt. You may want to download and install the following plugins for abiword-2.8.6, from http://limelinx.com/boo8x, to try to recreate the html functionality you had in saluki (and many other functionalities provided by these plugins).

Keep me posted? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

yr1945

#5 Post by yr1945 »

musher0... thanks for your support...

i loaded the pet you suggested... but, abiword hyperlinks in Precise Puppy 5273 still didn't open...

again, thank you very much... yr1945...

01micko

#6 Post by 01micko »

I suspect the reason hyperlinks don't open in abiword is due to glib, a major library. Jemimah devised a patch for it in Saluki which I also use in Slacko. Hyperlinks work with by right clicking. Even with Barry's stock abiword compiled for Wary, used in Slacko.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

yr1945

#7 Post by yr1945 »

01micko... thanks for the info... i really appreciate that you responded to my post... yr1945

musher0

#8 Post by musher0 »

01micko wrote:I suspect the reason hyperlinks don't open in abiword is due to glib, a major library. Jemimah devised a patch for it in Saluki which I also use in Slacko. Hyperlinks work with by right clicking. Even with Barry's stock abiword compiled for Wary, used in Slacko.
Funny guy... :D Tempts you with a solution but doesn't provide the missing lib ? :D

Also, there seems to be missing a verb in this sentence, which makes it unclear:
> Even with Barry's stock abiword compiled for Wary, used in Slacko.

Do you mean:
> Works even in Barry's stock abiword...

Sorry for the English lesson... but a fellow member is waiting for a solution to his problem.

Best regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~