AttackPup v1

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
droope

#41 Post by droope »

Great distro, I'm currently making a full-disk install ^^

Ditched the EEEPC for now. :)

Cheers,
Droope
What seems hard is actually easy, while what looks like impossible is in fact hard.

“Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer.â€￾ –Percy Cerutty

[url=http://droope.wordpress.com/]Mi blog[/url] (Spanish)

Barkin

#42 Post by Barkin »

Q5sys wrote:... thats a unidirectional Wifi Boosted antenna.
As for the manufacturer... its a custom setup by a company that specifically creates hardware of this nature.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=494653#494653

Shouldn't the elements be insulated from the metal boom ? ...

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/diy-yagi/#Construction

Pelo

Enfin une distro un peu différente

#43 Post by Pelo »

Enfin une distro un peu différente (Ah, something new !)
Attack Pup brings something New in my puppies collection. I am checking it deeper. This distro is nice !

Bonne journée. Pelo

Ray MK

#44 Post by Ray MK »

Pelo said - This distro is nice !

Agreed - Fantastic -- and runs well on my 10yr old Acer 243LC.

What fun - lots to try and learn.

Thanks to all who helped make this superb puppy.

Very best regards - Ray
[b]Asus[/b] 701SD. 2gig ram. 8gb SSD. [b]IBM A21m[/b] laptop. 192mb ram. PIII Coppermine proc. [b]X60[/b] T2400 1.8Ghz proc. 2gig ram. 80gb hdd. [b]T41[/b] Pentium M 1400Mhz. 512mb ram.

edoc

#45 Post by edoc »

Barkin wrote: Shouldn't the elements be insulated from the metal boom ? ...
Not necessarily - it depends on the feed system. Many yagi antennas do not insulate/isolate the elements.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

mikeybaby72

#46 Post by mikeybaby72 »

edoc wrote:
Barkin wrote: Shouldn't the elements be insulated from the metal boom ? ...
Not necessarily - it depends on the feed system. Many yagi antennas do not insulate/isolate the elements.
They are only Directors after all - not part of the Looped Dipole itself. :!:
Adopt a Puppy TODAY - they are Man's best friend! :D

Currently researching "Linux on Android project" - wanting to compile a Puppy to run in my hand on my Droid ... This has always been a dream of mine. ;-)

Q5sys

#47 Post by Q5sys »

An Update:

V2 has been shelved for a while now due to being burried with other projects currently. I hope to return to it soon, but Ive got to get a few things off my place first.

mikeybaby72

#48 Post by mikeybaby72 »

Q5sys wrote:An Update:

V2 has been shelved for a while now due to being burried with other projects currently. I hope to return to it soon, but Ive got to get a few things off my place first.
Thanks for letting those of us who believe in this project know. I will look forward to any updates and hope you don't abandon the project.

Good luck with your other projects my friend. :) Are any of them Puppy related that I might find interesting (I love almost all Puppy related projects)? :?:
Adopt a Puppy TODAY - they are Man's best friend! :D

Currently researching "Linux on Android project" - wanting to compile a Puppy to run in my hand on my Droid ... This has always been a dream of mine. ;-)

Q5sys

#49 Post by Q5sys »

mikeybaby72 wrote:
Q5sys wrote:An Update:

Thanks for letting those of us who believe in this project know. I will look forward to any updates and hope you don't abandon the project.

Good luck with your other projects my friend. :) Are any of them Puppy related that I might find interesting (I love almost all Puppy related projects)? :?:
Yes one of them is puppy related. It's a fork of AttackPup in a totally different direction with one purpose and intention. I'm doing it as as learning/research project... so I doubt it will get released here. It's specifically targeted at a single vector so it'd be useless in every other way.
Hopefully this winter I'll have the time to continue my V2 development.

nilsonmorales

#50 Post by nilsonmorales »

please in futures vesion add aircrack m4 gui

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=80929

tnx in advance

NeroVance

#51 Post by NeroVance »

I must say, this is a WarPuppy my good man. Put some good ol' GROWL into it if it ain't there, and you got a Puppy with a sword and a shield.

Anonymous would have loved it :wink:
... If they still did everything for lulz.

Q5sys

#52 Post by Q5sys »

NeroVance wrote:I must say, this is a WarPuppy my good man. Put some good ol' GROWL into it if it ain't there, and you got a Puppy with a sword and a shield.

Working on v2 in my spare time... hopefully i'll have it out in a few months... Slackbones is taking most of my time right now

dr1bble

#53 Post by dr1bble »

Q5sys wrote:
NeroVance wrote:I must say, this is a WarPuppy my good man. Put some good ol' GROWL into it if it ain't there, and you got a Puppy with a sword and a shield.

Working on v2 in my spare time... hopefully i'll have it out in a few months... Slackbones is taking most of my time right now
Hi Q5sys,

kudos for creating Attackpup v1.

Although i use backtrack alot, im new to puppy linux and have spent the last few`days trying AttackPup v1 out, whilst waiting for v2 :D

however im having a few issues with it and will appreciate it if you can comment on some of the issues:-

1.) Problems with updating truecrypt from v6.3a to 7.0 - 7.1a.

...but the most persistent error message is this one -

'shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
sudo: cannot get working directory mount: according to mtab, truecrypt is already mounted on /tmp/.truecrypt_aux_mnt1
'

I have tried all the different possible solutions available on here or elsewhere i could find but still running into problems with truecrypt.

The only thing that seem to work temporarily and allows the use of v7.1a with mounting working okay etc, is this solution i found -

'replace /usr/bin/truecrypt (6.3a version) with the unpacked identical file from the tar.gz (7.1a version).'

...however on rebooting attackpup, i find the replaced truecrypt in /usr/bin has either disappeared or is replaced by the that of v6.3a, so in other words even though i make sure i save to my 2fs file before reboot, truecrypt reverts back to v6.3a and I have to do the above allover agin before i can use truecrypt volumes.

My question is - how do i either make the above change persist/permanent or how do i completely remove truecrypt v6.3a so that versions 7.0 -7.1a can install properly from pets and work properly?

I even tried 'TrueCrypt-7.1a-x86_64.sfs' but on boot, even though i see 'TrueCrypt-7.1a-x86_64.sfs' been loaded (this is the only sfs im using) , there is nothing when attackpup fully reboots, i.e. no TrueCrypt-7.1a in any menu etc, dont know if im not doing something right or maybe the 'TrueCrypt-7.1a-x86_64.sfs' is not for LightHouse version Attackpup v1 is built on, in which i would at least hope to see some error message to this effect. :roll:

Also do you by chance have the 6.3a pet, as`all links to it on the web seems dead.

2.) Problems with connecting to Ad-Hoc APs (WEP), again i have tried everything and although i can connect to other none Ad-Hoc APs successfully, connecting to Ad-Hoc APs fail everytime. I have even tried removing security on the Ad-Hoc AP just to see if that is the issue, that doesnt work either.

I know you are a busy man but if work on attackpup v2 is understandably long, can you at least update v1 to a v1b that has updated recent versions of some of the main installed apps like truecrypt, aircrack-ng etc, gedit and the connect to wifi apps please?

Any comment or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time :)

dr1bble

#54 Post by dr1bble »

Since posting was able to resolved the main issues i was having as per my above post:

So for those who might be having similar probs, this is what i did:

1). To get TrueCrypt 7.1a working over the preinstalled v6.3a

- download & unpack 'TrueCrypt-7.1a.tar.gz' (tried attaching this file but keep getting this error - 'Tried to upload empty file' but this archive can easily be found) to tmp folder or someplace else.

- from the unpack files from 'TrueCrypt-7.1a.tar.gz' look for the file 'truecrypt'

- rename this file (truecrypt) to 'truecrypt-bin' and then move this file to '/usr/bin/' overwriting the 'truecrypt-bin' already there.

- do not delete the 'truecrypt' already in the '/usr/bin/' as this file is a script, that enables
truecrypt to function properly in attackpup-v1 without the mounting errors.

- to use truecrypt 7.1a, just create a symlink to your desktop to the '/usr/bin/truecrypt' file or just click on the '/usr/bin/trucrypt' itself to start v7.1a.

- I also found this - which is useful if you also want to open truecrypt folders from within truecrypt -

create this fake nautilus "binary":

Code: Select all

#! /bin/bash

CONTAINERPATH=`echo "$@" | cut -f3 -d ' '`
rox "$CONTAINERPATH"
Save the code as "nautilus" (no quotes) in /usr/bin and make it executable. (Tested with TC v7.1 & now tested working on v7.1a)

Once you do this - you can then click on the mounted truecrypt folder within truecrypt and it will open up the folder for you without the nautilius error or set within truecrypt's preference to open folder of mounted containers and the container folder will be opened for you automatically once its mounted.

(cant remember where i found the above nautilus code so as to give the original poster credit but kudos to him).

2.) for the Ad-hoc wifi issue, I was able to fix this by using the 2 scripts here:

- HOW-TO force intel 4965AGN in ad-hoc mode (for JOIKUSPOT)
(http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=85622)

- obviously tweaking the needed parts of the code to suit your specific card and other details within the scripts.

Hope this helps. :)

TheProphet

attackpup on my Android

#55 Post by TheProphet »

Android is, according to the Android fora, a Debian derivative. I caught onto that by trying to tether my droid to a windows lappie in order to upload a pup iso, attackpup to be precise.

Needs root privileges.

Android's publisher now makes things deliciously damnably difficult to root the devices.

Because not all *nix users are real professional at security.

I did in fact install attackpup on a Dell desktop and was impressed.

The windows on my lappy is a bootleg copy so I'm double robbed.

BUT, I now have the files to fix that and my next post shall be from a REAL operational computer with a real Operating System.

As for running attackpup on my Android, that should be possible just by first rooting it then adding puppy to the bootloader. That will maybe satisfy the phone company, MetroPCS, long enough to get a real service from a provider which doesn't dictate what os to run.

The android os is now almost as bloated as microsux.
This, however is lightweight enough and if I manage to destroy the phone with it I shall soldier on and get another. 3g devices aren't quite scrap metal yet but they are cheap enough for experimenting.

gcmartin

Re: attackpup on my Android

#56 Post by gcmartin »

TheProphet wrote:Android is...
You "may" find this helpful. Your Android is a touch device with some unique drivers.

Here to help

Grislknot

Is it just me & if so why?

#57 Post by Grislknot »

I'm sure there had to have been hurdles in putting this distro together.
So there has to be someone somewhere who can explain clearly (a) how to get this ting install anywhere (b) why I can't get it install or running anywhere.
What am I doing? Same as I'd with any Pup. Rufus it onto a thumb-drive plugged into an HP laptop.
Except on reboot I get something about "unable to allocate RAM" and a bunch of other stuff, the load stops and I have to cold boot out of it. Nor can I get it onto a VM.

edoc

#58 Post by edoc »

You may note that the most recent post was 2.5 years ago ...

One has to wonder if such problems (due to huge changes in the base distro over that time) may have been why this puplet was abandoned.

It was an interesting concept puplet.
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Grislknot

#59 Post by Grislknot »

edoc wrote:You may note that the most recent post was 2.5 years ago ...

One has to wonder if such problems (due to huge changes in the base distro over that time) may have been why this puplet was abandoned.

It was an interesting concept puplet.
Yah I noticed that of course, but it's still as nice to give it go as any other distro (I still dink around w old Mandrake and RH just too see what'll happen with 21st cent. plumbing). Got it running on VM even though not where I'd prefer to have it. I truly adore the concept of pendrive pentesting w conservative and effective tools. Puppy indeed is great & I foresee a new very positive direction for Linux w Puppy as long as the dev commty is vigilant about NOT splintering into the factional mess that removes the rest of the World's interest.

Pelo

I like attackpup because of backgrounds and icons.

#60 Post by Pelo »

One of my Cds burn in the past (2012) is attackpup. I like attackpup because of backgrounds and icons.
Good idea, i will play the CD again soon if accepted by my CD player (burned with a Dell D505)
Tahrpup and Slacko miss fun, miss creativity. Users are sad. :cry: