New Cloud Bible flight 110!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Lobster
Official Crustacean

#21 Post by Lobster »

Islam is the anti-thesis of Christianity that requires the death of every human being who does not pay the tax and eventually convert. If you do not know that perhaps you should read the Quran and the more popular Hadeeths yourself.
Good luck with New Cloud Bible flight 110! in this season of goodwill to all trolls. :)
I watched the preacher exposition of Buddhism and from a Buddhist perspective it is ignorant but maybe the best that is possible given the nature of the congregation . . . :roll:

Perhaps if I explain what I have learned from Christianity and its antithesis
you will understand how goodwill to enemies within and with out the body of Christ will be sufficient for cloud studies . . .

Most people on this forum are Christian, including some of our past and present developers. They are a witness to their beliefs and always seem to be well intended, tolerant and helpful. For example Warren who created Official Puppy version Deep Thought has been kind enough to send me links to Buddhist Dharma (doctrine) that he thought would be of interest to me (not necessarily to him) that is an example of spirituality that spreads virtue.

I would commend those who practice Christianity to further their knowledge and capacity for fellowship, bible study and alignment with the Spirit of Christ. There is promise and hope in their efforts.

Now a quote from the antithesis and the Bible and once again good luck
and a Happy Christmas :D

Ask those who know if you know not
Qur'an 16:43

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons
of God.
- Matthew 5:9

http://www.inspirational-quotations.com ... uotes.html
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

maxpro4u

#22 Post by maxpro4u »

I just did a frugal install of this pup and wow :D It works great on this laptop. Even the scroll button works. Now if I could just get the volume buttons to work, it would be perfect. If someone could help me, the key codes are 174 for volume down and 176 for volume up but I don't know where to set them.
Dell D610 1.7M w/1024mb
Testing Slacko and a few others
I'm Max Wachtel and I approve this message.
Registered Linux User #393236

Frank Cox

Trolls?

#23 Post by Frank Cox »

I thought it was the season we choose to celebrate God becoming a man to die for our sins, not for being kind to trolls. Political correctness was not a trait Jesus Christ possessed, I find it odd so many of those who call themselves little Christ's seem to think He was the Holy appeaser.
My church spends a third of its income on missions, the greatest part to support native missionaries in the Middle East. To pay the bribes to get them out of jail , to pay for surgeries and to support their families when their genitals are ripped off with pliers or they are impaled o stakes through the rectum , or are simply shot dead for allowing their fathers and brothers to discover where they are after converting. .Several of our missionaries where former Al Queda and all of them agree there is no moderate Islam, only social Muslims who disregard its true teachings so I find your choice of a verse in the Quran odd at best. They were willing to kill for Allah and are now willing to suffer and die for Christ that makes their opinion very solid to me . Christ said those who follow Him would be hated , persecuted and killed for it, not many like what He actually taught so they created the Socially Acceptable Gospel.
Muslims are very receptive to hearing of a God that loves them and that is the best way to approach them .O the other hand to turn your back and ignore the fact to spread the Gospel to them requires the death of many in unimaginably horrid ways is insane IMHO
.Sura 8:60

Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

I guess you missed the uncool part.

bones01

#24 Post by bones01 »

Just thought I'd let you know that I've D/Led and am trying out Cloud for a while.

Using XFCE is another learning curve, and I'm not sure I've got the patience to keep up with it. The links to specific things are good, but many of them aren't important for me, so if I can work out how to change them, or some of them, I probably will.

One thing I can't do that would have helped me, is to open a save file form another puppy. When I try, it opens 'mousepad', which is no help at all. If I try to choose another application, I don't know which is required. So, it may not become the default puppy, it's still a good puppy.

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

rasul

Re: Trolls?

#25 Post by rasul »

Hello all,
This is my first day in the forum although not new to puppy! Only here to say I'm sorry that as a Muslim searching for apps about Islam I came here to see what some people (who seems to be living for God) think and worse say about Islam.

@Frank Cox, if you are still in the forum I grab your attention to what Lobster quoted for you. I am not a cleric for Islam, but have read a lot from Quran and Hadith, and if you mind I am a shia muslim from Iran, so feel free to ask questions or discuss things, from the basic philosophical questions to very details of the Shia Islam rules and beliefs, you will hopefully find me polite and patient, in the hope of God. I probably don't have all the answers but can ask or study in the hope of Allah, your Lord and mine. And only one other thing, muslims believe in Jesus (PBUH) as a prophet of God after Muses (PBUH), and respect him and those who honestly believe in him going for the will of God, and this is what is commanded to us not an idea of mine.

Godspeed to all those who respect faith in goods (it's a rule of thumb, someone who likes kindness, forgiveness and other good behaviors could not hate christ, neither Muhammad and Ali, peace be upon them all, but only if know them truly)

rasul

#26 Post by rasul »

@jodylehigh
If you are trying to help people know their creator better, the one who created them, then gave them what they required to live properly, then guided them how to use other stuffs created for their use, both through instincts and religion, and would prepare situations in their lives to make use of their decision making ability to gradually evolve from a potential human into a real human, to then take them out of this bonus level of life to a more realistic life that would eternally continue the way we have tried for, then even I as a Muslim encourage you as well; great job to bring people to a position that they face reality in this era that everything beyond the senses and technologies is interpreted as illusion …
Keep up with the good job, and as a suggestion like that of rxr, if you may accept a suggestion from a Muslim, it's good to encourage people to think more deeply not to see them ruining their belief structure with any single trivial question about God, justice and etc.

arcanis

#27 Post by arcanis »

May I humbly suggest that this is a thread about a derivative of Puppy with some useful features. If you do not find the features of this Puppy to your liking, there are plenty of other Puppies or other Linux distributions for that matter which will suit you.

Or better yet, step up to the plate and create your own spin.

This is not a thread for religious debate, so I would think the appropriate place for that is in the off-topic area. The thread is curling in a harmful and devisive diriection, and we should stay on-topic.

rasul

#28 Post by rasul »

Agreed, such a respectful (not harmful) discussion is of course off-topic for this thread. On the other hand it's good to respect to all heavenly religion though and a small piece of notice may not be totally considered as off-topic, I hope ;)

Frank Cox

Islam

#29 Post by Frank Cox »

Rasul

It is good to be polite and to respect the rights of others to have their beliefs but I have no reason to respect what you believe.
We do not worship the same God so for me to respect your beliefs would be to deny my own.
Jesus was not a Muslim prophet and neither was Moses, Islam did not exist until 700 years after the time Jesus walked the earth. Moses was a prophet of the most high God and Jesus is the most High God.
Jesus said in John 8 : 58 :
Before Abraham was , I am. Jesus said He was God , that He existed before the world began and the Bible makes it clear He was the creator.

John Chapter 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

At rhe time of Moses Islam did not exist and the Persians were still polytheist and by 600 B.C. Zoroastrianism became the official religion.

Millions died following Christ, His disciples save one willingly went to their deaths instead of denying that He was God and rose from the dead. I never understood how Muslim's could accept Jesus healed the sick, rose the dead, and caused the blind to see that He was just a prophet and not even the greatest one. He is either God or ,totally insane , or a demon with powers from Satan.

Understanding the Godhead , that God has 3 persons is beyond human capability, we have to accept it by faith. There is one God , the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one.
I encourage you to study the history , not just listen to what the Imams say.

Archeology disproves the Qu ran . God created all of us and loves us all so much He willingly became a man so he could pay the price we could not so that we could live in eternity with a thrice Holy God. God loves the Jews, the Christians , the Buddhists , the Muslims and everyone else, Allah loves Jews and Christians and all non-Muslims dead .
I choose the God of love.

Frank Cox

Missionaries

#30 Post by Frank Cox »

Dear Rasul :

In the last 3 years 27 missionaries I support have been murdered in the Middle East from Libya to Iran. They have been beheaded, beaten to death, ripped apart with pliers and left to die and even impaled . This does not included the families who were murdered just for being related to these brave Godly men including children as young a a year old, babies!
All these men were former Muslims whose only "crime" was sharing their beliefs.

rasul

#31 Post by rasul »

hi,
would you please open a thread in the off-topic area to openly discuss things not teasing others who want to focus on their puppy derivatives?
[not going to discuss here I only answer you something, actually I don't believe what you believe, so if I respect what you believe it would be ignorance of what I believe on my own side, as you mentioned, but the point is that I respect you the person not your believe, so I would be polite and respectful, answering back every detail questions that I think you have misunderstood about. You are a human, a son of Adam and Eve (PBUT), a creature of the same God, if you have had worth in the eyes of God to be created and fed then you have worth in my eyes to be treated as a human being as well, anyway you was born in a christian family and I was born in a shia muslim family and none of us had the choice where to be born, not the family, not the town, not the country, these are what God has set for us to live a life that ends toward himself. And only one point, a big point of difference between us, God is uniques and not three, this is obvious in many respects that you may want us to discuss about, Jesus PBUH was a prophet as was Moses and Muhammad, Adam and Ibrahim and Noah, they were all human sons of humans, they were all eating food, drinking water, walking around in their town's streets and etc., they needed what every human need to remain alive, and I don't prey a God who is limited as a creature full of needs, a human like myself, who can be killed and teased, Jesus had no father as Adam had no father and also no mother, as Moses' serpent (the rod) and lamb given to Abraham as the sacrifice had no parents, a God who created Adam from dust with no parents was able to create Jesus with no father as well, Jesus had miracles as Moses had his and others had their, Jesus gave life to a bird hand made of himself from mud in the name of God not on his own (you said He is either God or ,totally insane , or a demon with powers from Satan, but we say a prophet with powers from God), he gave back life to someone died lately within a few days and Uzeir (or Ezra? I'm not sure of his name) did the same about a number of people killed hundred of years before (unfortunately Jews think of him as the son of God as you think Jesus was the son of God, PBUT both, and of course God has no parents, no wife and no son, this is not just a simple idea, not a theory, not a mere saying, but it has rigorous reasons behind that), and that the rod of Moses changed into a living serpent doesn't mean he should be God, as you may accept. And the last point our God is not a god of war, he is the only God, the one who created potential for both love and hate, potential for both war and peace, potential prophets and demons, the one who created potential goods and bads and left the choice to us what to select, and said I show you the way and you choose what's the best for you but only know something, as I just don't need anything so if I order you something that's for yourself and whatever that you acquire you have acquired it for your self, be it good or bad, and that this world is a place to pass through so don't stick to it like you have created to live here eternally, get ready for the long journey of your life both in this world and the world following it …, my prophets are to show you the way and no one is responsible of what you acquire other than yourself. And this is now my comment that it is not justice for a guy to be treated on the behalf of all those who chose to live the wrong way doing any arbitrary sin that they wish for the sake of money or power or fame, we are responsible for our choices not our prophet, and not God himself. Do you really accept God to come to earth, if possible at all, and be teased and then killed on behalf of Hitler for example? Can you accept a person that has chosen the easy way and have many wrong behaviors be the same as a person who has always chosen to bear the life's difficulties but remain on the right way? That's kindness or injustice? Then why to be good, do whatever you like and your God would come to pay for it! Hitler being forgiven as easily as another person being punished and killed is really a sign of love? If we believe that Jesus is not a son of God, or God himself, it's not strange because it is impossible for God to be placed in a skin of blood and muscles. It is not impossible because God is weak, no, beacause the thing itself is impossible in this world; the world is created based on its own rules and axioms and the one beyond such axioms cannot fit inside it, it is just as impossible as the answer to this question: Can God create a stone as heavy as he cannot himself lift it up? He cannot create this but not because of a weakness in God as creator but a weakness of such a stone as the thing to be created, note that creation has two ends, one is the creator with no weakness and the other is the thing to be created. If God could come on the earth then why to send prophets instead? Maybe Moses and all previous prophets were also God himself? Everything is created by him and he is not bounded to any of his own creations from nothingness, not time, neither space, he is beyond such this-world-concepts …, hope that I have not bothered you]
Godspeed