racyNOP 5.3.2 (hybrid with Aufs)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ozsouth

racyNOP 5.3.2 (hybrid with Aufs)

#1 Post by ozsouth »

For those who enjoyed Gray's marvellous racyNOP-5.2.2, but had problems (presumably) due to the Unionfs filesystem, I made a hybrid with Racy 5.3 's kernel & Aufs filesystem. Basic firewall activated & 71% brightness set (in /root/.xinitrc). racyNOP-5.3.2 link is below. Care was taken in production, but use at own risk.

http://jaguar.angellistaliuu.com/files/ ... -5.3.2.iso

Henry

#2 Post by Henry »

Good morning, ozsouth,

Your announcement got my attention! This sounds like an answer to my observations at the RacyNop-5.2.2 topic
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 8&start=75

I'm downloading it now. Not quite sure how to use it with my existing racysave.2fs but will see. Any suggestions/experience will be appreciated.

Thanks

Henry

#3 Post by Henry »

This looks absolutely excellent - so far. It picked up my existing racysave.2fs, installed

Code: Select all

puppy_racy_5.3.2.sfs
, and whatever I've checked so far works apparently as before. Probably some things have inproved going from 5.2 to 5.3 that I haven't noticed.

Gratifying to see that the desktop icons seem to work correctly, not retaining an incorrect mounted indication.

I still am unable to exit to a reboot (locks up),but I was not hopeful on that, which is apparently something else.

EDIT:
I tested the new PreciseNop. I t does not have this problem. FWIW
Last edited by Henry on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

Just commenting to get this topic on my watchlist..(for some reason the "watch topic for replies" link never works for me...)

Wow - fast download link! Took no time at all to download. Could you post an md5 please. cheers!

ozsouth

md5

#5 Post by ozsouth »

Here you go bro's - it's ACTUALLY a .txt file (NOT a jpg) . . .
Attachments
racyNOP-5.3.2.iso.md5.jpg
(52 Bytes) Downloaded 583 times