Java in Seamonkey

Booting, installing, newbie
olewilly

Java in Seamonkey

#1 Post by olewilly »

Hi

This site http://www.nachtuilen.net running fine in chromium but seamonkey say that java is not installed or disabled :?: I have enabled java in seamonkey preferences :?

OW
Success is not more !
Success is better !

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

I think JavaScript and Java are 2 different things.

JavaScript is included and can be enabled or disabled in preferences.

Java (or JRE - Java Runtime Environment) is something you install separately and includes a browser plugin (which you can enable or disable in the plugins section of the add-ons manager). Maybe this is what you have to do to view the site in SeaMonkey.

I don't use chromium, but perhaps it has both JavaScript and the Java plugin already included.
Oscar in England

Makoto

#3 Post by Makoto »

If you have the NoScript extension installed in Seamonkey, keep in mind that by default, it doesn't allow Javascript to execute. In that case - and you really want to run the page, in spite of whatever harmful scripts may be on that page - you can right-click the NoScript icon in Seamonkey's status bar, and white-list the necessary servers (so that NoScript doesn't block anything from those servers).

...or, you can select "Temporarily allow all this page" from that menu, which will do just that. If it's a site/page you regularly visit and KNOW is completely safe, however, you should whitelist it, instead.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).