Puppy for Thai User

Using applications, configuring, problems
the last saviour

Puppy for Thai User

#1 Post by the last saviour »

:lol:
Regarding to language there are only a few features that required by Thai Linux user;
1. File, folder, Window title must be shown in Thai.
2. Text must be able to edit wtih Thai font.
3. Song playlist & movie subtle can be shown in Thai.
The last one is a plus, but the first and second is essential.
Others features such as Menu, Tip, Help, Application header etc. are not neccessary to be in Thai. All TUs can understand those with simple English. And I prefer them to be English, because I have to translate them from Thai to English again. hehehe

I've just found some reason why Puppy does not show Thai font in the title bar.
If I click the GTK Theme Chooser and there's no font shown in the input box. And I select Tahoma in that box. The title bar won't show Thai title.
But sometimes, I found some font showed in the input box. Then Thai title will be shown after I select Tahoma in the input box.
So I think there should be some bug in that GTK, but why does input box have that behaviour?

When edit any Thai text there must be some error because some Thai fonts have a different cursor movement from others;
1. Vowel fonts that does not need any cursor movement when adding or deleting are shown in red rectangle.
2. Wide fonts that need more curson movement than other fonts are shown in blue rectangle.

Thank you very much for your concern.
Attachments
Keyboard.jpg
(38.02 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.

the last saviour

#2 Post by the last saviour »

Good Thai fonts from other Linux distro.
Last edited by the last saviour on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.

the last saviour

#3 Post by the last saviour »

Here they are.
Attachments
Waree.rar
(191.42 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Loma.rar
(162.6 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Garuda.rar
(178.79 KiB) Downloaded 159 times