Howto: show urls correctly in a recent Firefox/Seamonkey

Using applications, configuring, problems
disciple

Howto: show urls correctly in a recent Firefox/Seamonkey

#1 Post by disciple »

Since Firefox 9 and a fairly recent version of Seamonkey, by default the urlbar stupidly displays a space in place of %20.
I believe you can find the option to disable this somewhere in the preferences, but it's just as easy to do it this way:
[quote]As usual, the upgrade included cosmetic changes that suck. To restore the mutilated URLs in the navigation bar, go to about:config, find “browser.URLbar.trim.URLs
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Makoto

Re: Howto: show urls correctly in a recent Firefox/Seamonkey

#2 Post by Makoto »

browser.URLbar.trim.URLs
This one doesn't seem to be in my Seamonkey (2.12.1)'s about:config lineup, and I haven't tried adding it. The browser.urlbar.formatting.enabled setting you mentioned in another topic alongside the above setting, however, is. :)

Forgot to set both in my FF 15.0.1 install on this (same) system, though, so I'll go do that now. :D
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

Oh, you're right :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Adding it doesn't work in Seamonkey - I posted at work, where I don't have Seamonkey.
How could they do this to us :?: :!:
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER