HOw to burn files onto a DVD with Pburn in Slacko?

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
NETTKNUT

HOw to burn files onto a DVD with Pburn in Slacko?

#1 Post by NETTKNUT »

I want to move all my Slacko files to a new computer. I am trying to do this by burning all my files from root on sda3 to a DVD. However when clicking on menu/multimedia/Pburn CD DVD Blu-ray writer I get an error message headed 'Temporary Storage' saying there can be problems due to working inside a virtual file system which I take to mean RAM. When I try to burn my disc Pburn fails. How do I overcome this? Do I have to work from the command prompt to avoid virtual memory and how do I do This? At present I am running Slacko 5.3.3 on 500 Mb memory and 660Mhz CPU. Can someone please help me?
[Transferred here as requested by moderator]
NB message is unedited from original.

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

in pburn, from the menu file >>>preferences. and set the 'temporary storage' to be on your harddrive eg /mnt/home/
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Actually I asked you to put this in the Pburn thread. :wink:

NETTKNUT

PBURN

#4 Post by NETTKNUT »

Thank you Flash for your comments. I always try to be concise in my postings but in this case I was over concise. My apologies. I have now tried again to burn a data disc using /mnt/tmp as my temporary filPburn version 3.4.1 Thanks to npierece on the setting up of a tmp directory.

This is the error log.

growisofs -use-the-force-luke=notray -Z /dev/sr0 -f -iso-level 3 -D -R -J -joliet-long -V "pburn_project" -p root -publisher "Pburn" -exclude-list /root/.pburn/tmp/exclude -graft-points -path-list=/root/.pburn/tmp/graft_points

Executing 'mkisofs -f -iso-level 3 -D -R -J -joliet-long -V pburn_project -p root -publisher Pburn -exclude-list /root/.pburn/tmp/exclude -graft-points -path-list=/root/.pburn/tmp/graft_points | builtin_dd of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
Warning: -follow-links does not always work correctly; be careful.
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
genisoimage: No such file or directory. File /root/puppy-reference/pixmaps/ktsuss.png is not readable - ignoring
Using GROWING_TOMATOES_IN_GRO000.HTML;1 for my-applications/Growing-Tomatoes-in-Grow-Bags.html (Growing-Tomatoes-in-Grow-Bags(2).html)
Using PUPPY_LIGHTS_BLUE2_DEJAN000.JPG;1 for /root/puppy-reference/backgrounds/puppy_lights_blue2_dejan555.jpg (puppy_lights_blue2_dejan555.JPG)
Using MINI_RESIZE000.XPM;1 for /root/puppy-reference/mini-icons/mini.resize.xpm (mini-resize.xpm)
Using MINI_RAISE000.XPM;1 for /root/puppy-reference/mini-icons/mini.raise.xpm (mini-raise.xpm)
Using MINI_MOVE000.XPM;1 for /root/puppy-reference/mini-icons/mini.move.xpm (mini-move.xpm)
Using MINI_LOWER000.XPM;1 for /root/puppy-reference/mini-icons/mini.lower.xpm (mini-lower.xpm)
Using MINI_AUDIOVOL000.XPM;1 for /root/puppy-reference/mini-icons/mini.audiovol.xpm (mini-audiovol.xpm)
Incorrectly encoded string (CLAIM FOR £20.18JAN12.odt) encountered.
Possibly creating an invalid Joliet extension. Aborting.
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 20.5x1352KBps.
:-( mkisofs has failed: 1
/dev/sr0: flushing cache
/dev/sr0: updating RMA
/dev/sr0: closing session
Pburn version 3.4.1

/

8-bit

#5 Post by 8-bit »

If you did a frugal install of Slacko, all you have to do is burn or back up to a USB flash drive your slackosave file and burn an cd with the ISO of the version of Slacko you are using.
Install Slacko on the new PC frugally, put the slackosave file in the same directory you used in the install and reboot with no save.