Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 31 Oct 2014, 17:39
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge » Multi-session live-CD/DVD
1st time ever started a Multi-Session-Dvd
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Karl Godt

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep 2012, 18:20    Post subject:  1st time ever started a Multi-Session-Dvd
Subject description: just want to state it ;)

Posting from Dillo @ DISTRO_VERSION=528 DISTRO_MINOR_VERSION=00 DISTRO_NAME='Lucid ' DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX='lupu'

Code:

sh-4.1# busybox mknod /dev/vcs1 c 7 1
sh-4.1# dd if=/dev/vcs1 of=/tmp/vsc1
20+0 records in
20+0 records out
10240 bytes (10 kB) copied, 0,000105913 s, 96,7 MB/s
sh-4.1# cat /tmp/vsc1
Loading drivers needed to access disk drives...........................done                                                                                     Searching for Puppy files in computer disk drives... pausing           done                                                                                     Loading folder 2012-09-28-23-36 from CD/DVD...                         done                                                                                     Loading the 'lupu_528.sfs' main file... copying to ram                 done                                                                                     Setting up the layered filesystem...                                   done                                                                                     Performing a 'switch_root' to the layered filesystem...                done                                                                                     Making the filesystem usable...                                        done                                                                                     Updating... layered-filesystem next boot will be faster!               done                                                                                     Loading kernel modules...                                              done                                                                                     Loading swap partition /dev/sda5...                                    done                                                                                     Loading swap partition /dev/sda11...                                   done                                                                                     Waiting for modules to complete loading... usb                         done                                                                                     Setting up services (network, printing, etc.)...             [backgrounded]                                                                                     Recognising media devices... optical input                             done                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     login[16031]: root login on 'tty1'                                                                                                                              Starting X, specs in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, startup apps /root/.xinitrc...         

Everything new to me ..

Used DVD+R 16x disk with burniso2cd script with burn speed set to 4x . Booted nice
but at shutdown when it comes to save session
i got some irritating error messages about "Iso Joliet Extension"
and have choosen the update or upgrade button then though said DVD-R it went apprently smooth and at reboot picked the folder .
multi-session-dvd-reboot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   61.71 KB
 Viewed   532 Time(s)

multi-session-dvd-reboot.jpg

Flash
Official Dog Handler

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep 2012, 22:34    Post subject:  

Hmm. It's been a while since I got that error message, so I can't remember what happened when I did. Glad it worked out for you.

I find that using the Save icon on the desktop seems to be more reliable than waiting until shutdown to Save. If Save screws up, I don't know any way to back out and try to figure out what's wrong. As far as I know, you have no choice but to pull the plug and lose that session.

Neat trick: use Pburn to burn a folder or file onto the multisession DVD. Puppy will ignore the folder when it boots. After Puppy boots, mount the multisession DVD and there's the folder or file. Smile I don't know if that would be a way to add .sfs files to your multisession Puppy.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Cutting edge » Multi-session live-CD/DVD
Jump to: