1st time ever started a Multi-Session-Dvd

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Karl Godt

1st time ever started a Multi-Session-Dvd

#1 Post by Karl Godt »

Posting from Dillo @ DISTRO_VERSION=528 DISTRO_MINOR_VERSION=00 DISTRO_NAME='Lucid ' DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX='lupu'

Code: Select all

sh-4.1# busybox mknod /dev/vcs1 c 7 1
sh-4.1# dd if=/dev/vcs1 of=/tmp/vsc1
20+0 records in
20+0 records out
10240 bytes (10 kB) copied, 0,000105913 s, 96,7 MB/s
sh-4.1# cat /tmp/vsc1
Loading drivers needed to access disk drives...........................done                                                                                     Searching for Puppy files in computer disk drives... pausing           done                                                                                     Loading folder 2012-09-28-23-36 from CD/DVD...                         done                                                                                     Loading the 'lupu_528.sfs' main file... copying to ram                 done                                                                                     Setting up the layered filesystem...                                   done                                                                                     Performing a 'switch_root' to the layered filesystem...                done                                                                                     Making the filesystem usable...                                        done                                                                                     Updating... layered-filesystem next boot will be faster!               done                                                                                     Loading kernel modules...                                              done                                                                                     Loading swap partition /dev/sda5...                                    done                                                                                     Loading swap partition /dev/sda11...                                   done                                                                                     Waiting for modules to complete loading... usb                         done                                                                                     Setting up services (network, printing, etc.)...             [backgrounded]                                                                                     Recognising media devices... optical input                             done                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     login[16031]: root login on 'tty1'                                                                                                                              Starting X, specs in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, startup apps /root/.xinitrc...         
Everything new to me ..

Used DVD+R 16x disk with burniso2cd script with burn speed set to 4x . Booted nice
but at shutdown when it comes to save session
i got some irritating error messages about "Iso Joliet Extension"
and have choosen the update or upgrade button then though said DVD-R it went apprently smooth and at reboot picked the folder .
Attachments
multi-session-dvd-reboot.jpg
(61.71 KiB) Downloaded 700 times

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Hmm. It's been a while since I got that error message, so I can't remember what happened when I did. Glad it worked out for you.

I find that using the Save icon on the desktop seems to be more reliable than waiting until shutdown to Save. If Save screws up, I don't know any way to back out and try to figure out what's wrong. As far as I know, you have no choice but to pull the plug and lose that session.

Neat trick: use Pburn to burn a folder or file onto the multisession DVD. Puppy will ignore the folder when it boots. After Puppy boots, mount the multisession DVD and there's the folder or file. :) I don't know if that would be a way to add .sfs files to your multisession Puppy.