How to sort the group names in Osmo?

Using applications, configuring, problems
TIW

How to sort the group names in Osmo?

#1 Post by TIW »

Hi Guys,
adding contacts in Osmo, over time I accumulated a number of Groups. However if I put my mouse over the drop box in /edit contact/Group I find all group names disorderly sorted. What I would like to see, is all Groups sorted from A-Z by default. How can that be achieved ? Thanks for your help.

npierce

#2 Post by npierce »

Groups in the drop-down list are in the order that you created them. So one thing you could do would be to go to preferences, remove all of the groups, and then add them again in alphabetical order.

The problem with that is that every time you add a new group you would first have to remove all groups that came later in the alphabet, then add them again after adding the new group. That would be rather tedious.

Editing the .xml file is easier:

1. Quit Osmo. (Closing the window isn't enough. You need to right-click on the icon in the tray and choose Quit.)

2. Assuming you are root, make a backup copy of your /root/.osmo/contacts_records.xml file.

3. Open /root/.osmo/contacts_records.xml in a text editor.

4. You will see the group names between the lines "<contacts_groups>" and "</contacts_groups>", like so:

Code: Select all

<contacts_groups>
    <name>Beatles</name>
    <name>Rolling Stones</name>
    <name>Herman's Hermits</name>
    <name>Dave Clark Five</name>
  </contacts_groups>
5. Move the lines around to whatever order you like, and save.

6. Restart Osmo and verify that it worked.

Pelo

Sorting groups

#3 Post by Pelo »

Sorting groups
Attachments
sort.jpg
(40.31 KiB) Downloaded 92 times