Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 21 Aug 2014, 20:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
DotPups
Moderators: deshlab, Flash, GuestToo, Ian, JohnMurga, Lobster
Page 14 of 17 [245 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
GuestToo
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2005, 17:05    Post subject:  

mouldy wrote:
I have the same libc-2.3.2.so in /lib on my murgapuppy1.0.1. Dillo85 just insists on looking in /usr/lib for it. So I put a copy in /usr/lib and its happy now.
i don't know why it's looking in /usr/lib ... it doesn't do that on my machine
GuestToo
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2005, 17:15    Post subject:  

puppian wrote:
I'll reinstalled the first dotpup soon, it seems that the second one won't save the option I made in dillocfg
the second one does not use dillorc at all ... it uses a file named dillorc85 ... i did that so it would not interfere with other versions of Dillo ... if you copy dillorc to dillorc85, it should work, and edit dillorc85 to change your configuration

i think i compiled in support for character sets ... i looked at the list of configure options, and the defaults seemed ok, except i also enabled meta-refresh ... it says on the site:
Quote:
The Dillo internationalisation patch enables display of pages with Japanese, Chinese, Korean, French, Greek and other character sets.
# Changed to use UTF-8 for internal processing
# Multi byte char selection support
# Support for character entity references like &#xnnnn;
# Automatic charset recognition support
# Change font setting code for i18n
mouldy

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2005, 19:02    Post subject:  

I dont see any dillorc85. I configured mine using /root/my-applications/bin/dillocfg. This says its a link back to /root/my-applications/dillo/dillocfg but if you go directly there it wont work, need to click on the link. Whatever, it works and I like the menu better than the dillorc type config file.
GuestToo
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2005, 19:25    Post subject:  

i forgot about the config gui (i'm used to editing config files in a text editor)

the config gui in the first dotpup should work, because that dillo uses the standard dillorc file

you can make it work for the newer dotpup by deleting /root/.dillo/dillorc85, right clicking dillorc, click link, and type dillorc85 as the name of the link ... now the dillocfg gui should work properly

this defeats the purpose of not interfering with other versions of dillo that use the standard config file, but it usually doesn't matter

i could write a wrapper script that would backup dillorc, copy dillorc85 to dillorc, run the gui, copy dillorc to dillorc85, then restore the backed up dilllorc ... it should work, and would only be a few lines in a script ... but it's starting to get a bit complicated
puppian

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 00:08    Post subject:  

"you can make it work for the newer dotpup by deleting /root/.dillo/dillorc85, right clicking dillorc, click link, and type dillorc85 as the name of the link ... now the dillocfg gui should work properly
i could write a wrapper script that would backup dillorc, copy dillorc85 to dillorc, run the gui, copy dillorc to dillorc85, then restore the backed up dilllorc ... it should work, and would only be a few lines in a script ... but it's starting to get a bit complicated"

sorry for the confusion and thanks again! Smile

And for the the locale thing, I found something wrtten by Barry in the forum:

"...Puppy has LANG=C, which is intended for 7-bit ascii only, whereas it should be LANG=en_US or whatever -- but some reasearch is needed here as Puppy does not support switching into en_US locale, something is missing.
...a project for anyone interested!"
http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic.php?t=698&start=15&sid=e3373f40f57ca178f2d4eba5af56337e

it shows something called 'C' and 'POSIX' when i type 'locale -a'. it seems that other locale are not support Sad
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 02:45    Post subject: Re: Abby IceWM Theme  

dvw86 wrote:
Desktop icons not included.

Ah must learn to read - downloaded because I liked the look of desktop icons. Works and looks fine. The font is a little small for my resolution but that can be changed manually (forget how though)

Well done. Wink

puppian

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 06:14    Post subject:  

Downloaded the Abby theme and like it too (especially the wallpaper). Thanks.

I've got some icons, see if you like it (some of them are .ico files unlike the usual .png or .xpm ones but they works fine here):
icon.tar.gz
Description  icon
gz

Download 
Filename  icon.tar.gz 
Filesize  100.28 KB 
Downloaded  658 Time(s) 
icons.jpg
 Description   screenshot showing some of them
 Filesize   33.72 KB
 Viewed   4450 Time(s)

icons.jpg

dvw86

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 19:33    Post subject: Start-Items DotPup  

Well it has been down loaded a few times and nobody has complained of bugs so I decided to go ahead and post it here.

This is a Rox-App I wrote to make it easier to automate tasks at boot time. You can use it to start applications, run scripts, open a directory in Rox, or open files in their default application. I use this to auto start MUT. The Rox-App should work in any window manager. I have tested it in IceWM, Fvwm95, and Jwm. This is my first release but I am not aware of any bugs. Warning this does replace your /root/.xinitrc file. I have not had any issues from replacing it, but if you have modified yours, you may want to make a back up of it.

start-items.pup
More Information
dvw86

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 19:56    Post subject: Abby Icons  

For those of you who like the icons in the Abby screen shot. I got these off of Knoppix. They are availiable in other sizes as well, but as GuestToo pointed out, Ice can resize them automatically. It's a good sized down load, 1.3M.

Icons

Last edited by dvw86 on Thu 01 Sep 2005, 02:05; edited 1 time in total
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 21:35    Post subject:  

Do we decompress these to a particular directory?
Do they replace existing icons or must we set this manually?
(ROX has a set icon option)

dvw86

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 21:43    Post subject:  

These are just the icons. You can put them where ever you want and you have to set them manually. One of these days I'll make a Puppy ISO with everything already set how I like it (icons, themes, apps...). Then you could just download it, burn it, and boot up in my idea of a perfect OS Wink Maybe I'll call it Abby.
Lobster
Official Crustacean

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 21:52    Post subject:  

Look forward to Abbey Puplet
Smile
I tend to start from scratch with each new Puppy release (it cleans out the accumulated experimentation
I would like to see a more friendly icon set as the default BUT I accept customisation is a low priority for official Puppys
Crying or Very sad

dvw86

PostPosted: Mon 18 Jul 2005, 22:15    Post subject: Simple-Trash DotPup  

Okay, I've been meaning to get to this for a while now. This is a simplified version of "Complete-Trash" It is functionally the same. However it does not play any sound file nor does it automatically refresh the pinboard (icons). You have to mouse over the Trash icon for it to update. These changes make it more suitable for older and slower hardware. It is also a much smaller download.
EDIT
Applied Puppian's "Complete-Trash" fix to the "Simple-Trash" application since it was only three little lines of code and works well on old hardware. Now the trash icon will refresh itself. The sound file is still not included. Basically it is now the same as the full version of trash, but with out any sound or the accompanying code.
simple-trash.pup
Description  Simplified version of "Trash" for old hardware.
pup

Download 
Filename  simple-trash.pup 
Filesize  15.79 KB 
Downloaded  1633 Time(s) 

Last edited by dvw86 on Wed 31 Aug 2005, 01:27; edited 1 time in total
puppian

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2005, 00:09    Post subject:  

dvw86, I have been playing with your trash for sometimes and found a trick to refresh the icon automatically without redrawing the pinboard:

"rox -x $APPDIR"
OR
"rox -x /root/my-applications/bin/Trash"
replacing "rox -o -p /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin"

hope it helps Smile
GuestToo
Puppy Master

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul 2005, 01:05    Post subject:  

Large Tiles for Nethack 3.4.3

this will install a large tile set for Nethack

you can set the size of the tiles to small, med, large
by right clicking the Nethack icon

this will put a .nethackrc file in /root
if you already have a .nethackrc file, it will be backed up to .nethackrc000

i did not get the sounds to work, but a Nethack sound will play, chosen at random, when Nethack starts

Nethack requires to be installed before installing this package
nethacklargetiles.pup
Description  Large Tiles for Nethack 3.4.3
pup

Download 
Filename  nethacklargetiles.pup 
Filesize  353.58 KB 
Downloaded  1820 Time(s) 
Page 14 of 17 [245 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Unsorted
Jump to: