Xvideo crashes when I start this game

Booting, installing, newbie
bups

Xvideo crashes when I start this game

#1 Post by bups »

Whenever I try to launch a game (1.2.3 Kick it drop that beat like an ugly baby) For some reason the gui shuts off without warning as if it restarts. It sends me into the text interface where I either have the option to restart the graphical interface by typing xwin or doing xorgwizard.
I know it is possible to run this game because I have done it in the past without any problems.

`f00

#2 Post by `f00 »

hi bups - need some details. Like is it a native linux game or wine'd, puppy version, your system and so on. Personally I'd avoid xorgwizard whenever possible once you have it working on your preferred resolution.

Did you do any upgrades or change pup version? xorg can be finicky :| and even more so on recent 5xx pup versions.. On the other end, old pups with the Xvesa kdrive server (not xorg at all) are a joy for 'just works' with vintage vid hwr. Sometimes games that switch the resolution can be a bit off, if open gl is used etcetc

come back with some details and it'll help to get the ball rolling and you playing (hopefully)