Terminal Path

Booting, installing, newbie
badab99

Terminal Path

#1 Post by badab99 »

so I notice that .bashrc is unused and etc/profile is called for rox terminal.
This is using Lucid 5.2.8 build btw.

so I want to display the path as normal.

ala debian PS1="\[\e]0;${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h: $PWD\a\]$PS1" style

I changed PS1="$pwd" but nothing changed so I have a feeling $pwd variable is not set or some such..

I suck at this scripting type stuff can someone help

whats the equivalent for puppy? I would like to display user@host\currentpath\

thanks fellers

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hello, badab99.

You mean to set the prompt? Attached is my .bashrc file. I leave you to judge if it's widely different than in Debian.

I can't see from from your info above what you are doing "right" or "wrong" within the Puppy context, except of course that Puppy doesn't have "debian_chroot", just plain "chroot", etc.

Maybe you can put my bashrc file under your microscope and even do some surgery on it! :shock:

It also contains a few credits, where I found some variables, etc. Maybe you can look those up on the Internet for more insights. 'Cause that's a wide, wide field of exploration, my friend...

A secondary benefit is that you'll be brushing up on your French! :) Don't worry, the words in the remarks are very basic, there should be nothing in them that you won't understand after having consulted http://wordreference.com/fren/. Or simply let the code explain itself? Of course, get back to me for explanations if you're really stuck.

Incidentally, back up your .bashrc file if you have one?

Have fun!
Attachments
.bashrc-musher0.tar.gz
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

Bruce B

Re: Terminal Path

#4 Post by Bruce B »

[quote="badab99"]I changed PS1="$pwd" but nothing changed so I have a feeling $pwd variable is not set or some such..

True the variable is $PWD

also for full path \w and for current directory \W

badab99

#5 Post by badab99 »

Thanks for the info fellas.. will bang it around tomorrow and see what floats.

D