Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 31 Jul 2014, 23:56
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 244 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 Next
mikeslr

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:34    Post subject: Big Thanks to JohnMurga  

The foregoing discussion of spam problems on the Saluki-Forum should remind us of how much a debt of gratitude we owe to JohnMurga and our moderators for keeping this Forum spam-free.
We probably take it for granted: like fresh air until you've had to live in a smog-bound or polluted city.

Thanks, John.

mikesLr
mini-jaguar

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:01    Post subject:  

Actually, I did find a USB stick I could reformat and lay out a new table on. I think I just erased the screenshot with the script I ran, but anyways, this is what it was like:

It was like the one which didn't work, didn't have the hidden sectors, but it did have the media descriptor. I have no idea what I did to the first one to wipe the media descriptor.

However, it worked fine and had no problems unmounting it in Saluki. Strangely enough, it didn't show a special name like the other two when mounted.
cthisbear

PostPosted: Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:17    Post subject:  

"The foregoing discussion of spam problems on the Saluki-Forum
should remind us of how much a debt of gratitude we owe to JohnMurga
and our moderators for keeping this Forum spam-free. "

And what about >. Makoto

Day in day out....he's on the case
Should be given mod privileges in >> SPAM REPORTS

Chris.
LucioCarreras

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct 2012, 03:47    Post subject: Sayonara Player  

Hey!

I managed to decrease the memory consumption to about 45 MB and increase performance. Smile

Additionally audio tracks and metadata now can be loaded via command line. You can give sayonara a single or multiple files as command line arguments. But be aware of spaces in the filenames. You can use quotation marks around each argument.

The new version is in the svn repository now.

Just check out
http://sayonara-player.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Lucio
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct 2012, 09:23    Post subject: Re: Sayonara Player  

LucioCarreras wrote:
Hey!

I managed to decrease the memory consumption to about 45 MB and increase performance. Smile

Additionally audio tracks and metadata now can be loaded via command line. You can give sayonara a single or multiple files as command line arguments. But be aware of spaces in the filenames. You can use quotation marks around each argument.

The new version is in the svn repository now.

Just check out
http://sayonara-player.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Lucio

Lucio,

Nice job, working ok now, though there are a few things that could be done.

1) any chance of adding *.oga they will play if their renamed *.ogg,

2) the mute icon for the dark theme is missing, I made a copy of vol_mute.png and renamed it vol_mute_dark.png, that fixed it.

3) shown in the image, the version still say's 0.2

other than that it works well.

I've added sayonara-0.3.pet to the repo, refresh Saluki in the PPM
sayonara-0.3.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   28.65 KB
 Viewed   1586 Time(s)

sayonara-0.3.jpg

stifiling

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 04:50    Post subject: Network Browse from Thunar  

I'm using Saluki 023 and noticed that browsing samba shares from Thunar doesn't appear to work. Still have to use pnethood or something similar (I was using smbnetfs). I've petted up some files from the Lucid gvfs-backends.deb and pulled a few libs out of Gray's SalukiNOP and managed to get it to work. Just install the pet, and restart X. You should then be able to browse your samba shares from your other computers on your network, using Thunar's integrated network icon.
networkbrowse.png
 Description   
 Filesize   43.78 KB
 Viewed   1337 Time(s)

networkbrowse.png

gvfs-smb.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  gvfs-smb.pet 
Filesize  1.96 MB 
Downloaded  489 Time(s) 
einar

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 09:17    Post subject: Re: Network Browse from Thunar  

stifiling wrote:
I'm using Saluki 023 and noticed that browsing samba shares from Thunar doesn't appear to work. Still have to use pnethood or something similar (I was using smbnetfs). I've petted up some files from the Lucid gvfs-backends.deb and pulled a few libs out of Gray's SalukiNOP and managed to get it to work. Just install the pet, and restart X. You should then be able to browse your samba shares from your other computers on your network, using Thunar's integrated network icon.

Can you auto mount these shares on reboot ?

regards Einar
stifiling

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:09    Post subject:  

if by 'auto-mount' you mean....still working after reboot? then the answer is yes.

it should work the same way it does in nautilus...or on windows. your network shares should be visible in Thunar....even after a reboot.
einar

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:25    Post subject:  

stifiling wrote:
if by 'auto-mount' you mean....still working after reboot? then the answer is yes.

it should work the same way it does in nautilus...or on windows. your network shares should be visible in Thunar....even after a reboot.

i mean like in windows we have "map network drive" it then gets a permanent letter. So that i can auto mount a share that i use in XBMC. or do I have to click on it to activate the share ?
stifiling

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:09    Post subject:  

ok i see how you mean now. you could write a script and put in in your /root/Startup folder similar to this to mount your share:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
mount -t cifs //192.168.2.101/share /mnt/network -o username=root

that way after a reboot, your share will always be mounted in /mnt/network.

you could also try a script like this:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
smbnetfs /mnt/network

the 'sleep 10' means wait 10 seconds and it's there to give your internet a chance to fully connect before it tries to mount your shares. you may or may not want to increase that.

u'd have to untar and copy the attached file first to /usr/bin if you want to try smbnetfs

smbnetfs should automatically find all your shares on your network, rather than mounting a specific share, which is what the first suggestion does.

these are my preferred ways of accomplishing this.
smbnetfs.tar.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  smbnetfs.tar.gz 
Filesize  39.16 KB 
Downloaded  377 Time(s) 
einar

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:33    Post subject:  

stifiling wrote:
ok i see how you mean now. you could write a script and put in in your /root/Startup folder similar to this to mount your share:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
mount -t cifs //192.168.2.101/share /mnt/network -o username=root

that way after a reboot, your share will always be mounted in /mnt/network.

you could also try a script like this:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
smbnetfs /mnt/network

the 'sleep 10' means wait 10 seconds and it's there to give your internet a chance to fully connect before it tries to mount your shares. you may or may not want to increase that.

u'd have to untar and copy the attached file first to /usr/bin if you want to try smbnetfs

smbnetfs should automatically find all your shares on your network, rather than mounting a specific share, which is what the first suggestion does.

these are my preferred ways of accomplishing this.

Nice , will try this out. thanks a alot Smile
rg66

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct 2012, 23:42    Post subject: Re: Network Browse from Thunar  

stifiling wrote:

Nice one, about time someone got this working. Thanks!

stifiling

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct 2012, 04:35    Post subject: Re: Network Browse from Thunar  

rg66 wrote:
stifiling wrote:

Nice one, about time someone got this working. Thanks!

thanks for the "thanks". but yea, i think it should be added to the repo. better yet, it 'should' be woofed into the next release.
rg66

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct 2012, 08:53    Post subject:  

@ Stifiling, It's still better than Pnethood but find I keep getting asked for a password over and over. Anyway to get it to save passwords at least for that session? Also, If I go back a directory it sometimes shows a blank folder.
stifiling

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct 2012, 11:52    Post subject:  

rg66 wrote:
@ Stifiling, It's still better than Pnethood but find I keep getting asked for a password over and over. Anyway to get it to save passwords at least for that session? Also, If I go back a directory it sometimes shows a blank folder.

hmm...i'm poking around with it now. i hadn't even thought about testing with passwords...due to the fact that i don't use them. totally slipped my mind. but now that i've set one on one of my machines....i'm not getting a password prompt.

your Thunar on Saluki is popping up a password prompt box??

I'll try to identify where the problem is.

as far as the folders being empty though...that appears to happen only after restarting samba...or towards the beginning of a new samba connection. after the connection is made (about 30 seconds or so after restarting samba) it's been solid on my machines so far. So far, at least for me...the behavior has been the same as if i was using XFCE in Arch Linux. but once again, i wasn't using passwords on any of my machines on my network then.

edit:
ok i got the password prompt and....i'm not experiencing the same issue you are. after entering the username and password for the share, the password is saved for the session for me. only way to get the password prompt to pop back up is by restarting X.
Page 244 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: