Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.6.2.1 & Intel 8284G/GL Graphics controlle

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
ndujoe1

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.6.2.1 & Intel 8284G/GL Graphics controlle

#1 Post by ndujoe1 »

I have a Dell Inspirion 1100 Laptop. Apparently Dpup Exprimo and the Intel Graphics controller 8284G/GL in this machine don't get along.

I use PuppyLinux Lupu 5.25 in this machine without issues.

I have 1 GB of ram installed in this laptop.

The screen defaults to a black one no matter the options I try either in the Xorg mode or the Vesa mode.

Thanks for you inquiry if any available on this issue.

pemasu

#2 Post by pemasu »

Charlie6 had that kind problem also. You could post or pm him about how he solved the problem.

This is the post I got concerning intel brookdale graphics. His fix might help, not sure though:

Hi Pemasu,
i have tested the attached pet which i now submit to you for eventual integration in a next update of exprimo, as a brookdale fix (brookdale users are so many ... Wink ). It works with 5X15 and 5X3.4.2.

It is intended to substute the 2.11.0 xorg intel_drv.so to the already present 2.13.0; that's the way the /usr/sbin/BROOKDALE script is edited. I also tested that -imho - changes in xorg.conf's Section Devices Options have no effect.

I install it after bootup, once X has started, after quick setup settings, and - important - whitout restarting X. At that time, i start Xorgwizard to allow the Brookdale detection, and driver substitution. That's the reason why it would be better to integrate it inside the puppy-squeezeXXXX.sfs.

Please note the BROOKDALE script looks rather rough.
Hope this helps brookdale owners...
Best regards
Charlie

ndujoe1

8248G/GL Graphics Intel

#3 Post by ndujoe1 »

Thanks for your pet fix. I will give it a try and report back. I appreciate the comity and helpful nature of fellow users in PuppyLinux.