Bibletime Bible study tool

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
kirk

#21 Post by kirk »

I shouldn't have highjacked this thread. For the Fatdog64 package see:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 996#566996

Jim1911

#22 Post by Jim1911 »

kirk wrote:I shouldn't have highjacked this thread. For the Fatdog64 package see:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 996#566996
What highjack? You've just informed us of another recent distribution that supports Bibletime, that's very pertinent information and those that have recent 64 bit hardware should appreciate the information.

Your QT4 fixfor the above mentioned Boot Manager problem works great. Now the program is completely operational as well as being the latest version.

Thank you for supporting Bibletime with your Fatdog 64.

Jim1911

#23 Post by Jim1911 »

Dpup Exprimo, pemasu's great puplet now has support for the CrossWire Bible Society's Linux Bibletime version 2.9.1. It already worked great with the Wine programs, Bible Analyzer, e-Sword, and theWord, now it's more complete.

Get it here.
Download the needed clucene, sword and bibletime pets. Qt4-4.8.0 libs is also required....basic or essentials are ok. After installing the above programs you must reboot in order for QT-4 to work properly.

Thank you pemasu for supporting Bibletime,
Jim
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(65.71 KiB) Downloaded 1323 times
Last edited by Jim1911 on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

Jim1911

#24 Post by Jim1911 »

Saluki is a woof-build based on Racy with Xfce. The suggested target hardware is computers less than 5 years old. It should run tolerably fast on older machines and netbooks and older machines, but Xfce does need a bit more cpu than the standard ROX/Jwm puppy. The principle developer, jemimah is developing an amazing puplet that continues to improve. It's fast and stable and now has support for Crosswire Bible Societie's Linux Bibletime program. All that's necessary to install Bibletime is to use the Puppy Package Manager. It also runs Wine and I've found that the Windows version of Bible Analyzer, e-Sword and theWord work well on it.

A very valuable feature of the new Saluki is a "saluki custom puplet builder" that makes it simple to customize the puplet and create a new iso. It's much easier to use than puppy's normal remastering program.

Thank you jemimah for providing this.
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(44.82 KiB) Downloaded 1581 times
Last edited by Jim1911 on Mon 30 Apr 2012, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

Jim1911

Upup Precise 5.3.3.3

#25 Post by Jim1911 »

Pemasu's Bibletime implementation prepared for Exprimo works fine in his new Upup Precise 5.3.3.3. :D

So far Precise is looking great. Give it a try.

Cheers,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(53.05 KiB) Downloaded 1905 times
Last edited by Jim1911 on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Jim1911

FATSlacko

#26 Post by Jim1911 »

01micko has released FATSlacko which is
NOT an official product but a puplet. It is directly based on the upcoming Slacko-5.3.3. It is also the PAE version which will see your large RAM and as such is recommended for higher end machines.

It is Slacko with extras:
  • Libreoffice
    Java Runtime Environment
    Mesa (aka xorg_high)
    QT Libraries
    VLC
    Foxit Reader
    Samba with kerberos support
    Inetd daemon for Samba documentation
Minimum system requirements <-- Pentium III 1 GHz processor, 768 MB RAM.

Recommended <-- 1.5 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM
01micko has also provided Bibletime-2.9.1s which may be installed using the PPM so it picks up all dependencies. Recommend that for now you use ibiblio for everything but clucene. For it use the automatically suggested mirror.

FATSlacko makes a super Bible study system. it also runs favorite Windows programs under Wine: Bible Analyzer, e-Sword, and the Word.

This is a great choice for anyone with high end hardware.
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(41.24 KiB) Downloaded 1355 times

l2ulinux

Bibletime

#27 Post by l2ulinux »

I downloaded the Bibletime-2.9.2-s.pet from http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... es-slacko/ and install it with the pet package at download. It would not open up. So I downloaded the Lucid version 2.7.2 version and installed it after removing the first one.
I am using FATSlacko and did not check in PPM for one.
This one is working ok and I think this is one of the best programs there is for Puppy. I would to beable to to install the AA Book are AA Bible we call it.

Jim1911

#28 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi l2ulinux,

Along with the Bibletime pet you needed to download additional required dependencies, sword (at ibiblio), and clucene from the official slackware repo using PPM. FATSlacko already has QT. If you did, it should have worked. I believe that Lucid's Bibletime 2.7.2 had the necessary dependencies built into the pet or sfs which is why it worked.

However, with FATSlacko, you are better off using the PPM and the ibiblio repository because it will automatically pick up the dependencies.

You may want to try again using PPM and report your results.

Since you have Bibletime 2.7.2 working, you will need to rename /usr/share/sword directory ie: 1sword. After PPM completes the installation, delete the new /usr/share/sword directory and restore your original. Then you won't have to download modules a second time.

Regards,
Jim
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(69.52 KiB) Downloaded 1225 times

l2ulinux

Bibletime

#29 Post by l2ulinux »

I Made a new install of FATSlacko and used the PPM to install Bibletime-2.9.2-s.pet. Everything is working great and it is better WHEN DONE THE RIGHT WAY.

Jim1911

Fatdog64-600

#30 Post by Jim1911 »

Kirk and Jamesbond have released their latest Fatdog64-600which is extremely fast and supports the latest linux Bibletime as well as Windows programs Bible Analyzer, e-Sword, and theWord. If you have 64-bit hardware, give this a try. It's the best available and there is a good selection of software available for it.

Try it, you will love it.

Thanks again to Kirk and Jamesbond for providing such great support for Bibletime and other Bible study software.

In His Name,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(34.44 KiB) Downloaded 1169 times

Jim1911

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.4

#31 Post by Jim1911 »

Pemasu'sDpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.2.4works great with linux Bibletime 2.9.1 and the other Windows programs Bible Analyzer, e-Sword and theWord.
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(45.84 KiB) Downloaded 1156 times

pchan

Searching for Bibles

#32 Post by pchan »

Hi,

I have been searching for a good free Bible software. Bible time is nice but my problem is I find it hard to to do any under line, or highlights whenever i come across verses that i am inspired or i think important.

Or, is there some way that Bibletimes allows readers to underline or make highlights that i do not know of?

Really appreciate if the developer can consider adding this important features so that I can make good use of my laptop for reading (studying) Bibles instead of just using my normal paper Bible.

In another post, "the word" was suggested. The word is good but it only works under wine so it will not load as fast as a Bible software made to run under linux (puppy linux).

Thanks

Jim1911

Re: Searching for Bibles

#33 Post by Jim1911 »

pchan wrote:Hi,

I have been searching for a good free Bible software. Bible time is nice but my problem is I find it hard to to do any under line, or highlights whenever i come across verses that i am inspired or i think important.

Or, is there some way that Bibletimes allows readers to underline or make highlights that i do not know of?

Really appreciate if the developer can consider adding this important features so that I can make good use of my laptop for reading (studying) Bibles instead of just using my normal paper Bible.

In another post, "the word" was suggested. The word is good but it only works under wine so it will not load as fast as a Bible software made to run under linux (puppy linux).

Thanks
Sorry, as far as I know, Bibletime does not support that feature. IMO, theWord is your best choice for that feature. On my hardware, I find that theWord loads and runs under Wine in puppy faster than it does under it's native MS Windows. Which pup are you using, some are much faster than others? For example if your hardware is 64 bit, LHP will be releasing an updated 64 bit version shortly that has a simple installation of TheWord and is very fast.

EDIT: TaZoC has released his final Lighthouse 64 5.15F. It has an installation program for theWord that works fine.

Regards,
Jim
Last edited by Jim1911 on Wed 07 Nov 2012, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Jim1911

Precise Puppy 5.4

#34 Post by Jim1911 »

Barry's latest release is working great with Bibletime and is one of the few that runs Xiphos which is installed from the Ubuntu repositories using the PPM. It's a great base for your Bible study since along with Bibletime you can install Xiphos for a fine system using only free linux software. This PPM does not include Bibletime, however, pemasu's Bibletime available here works great.
Barry's Release Notes wrote:Precise Puppy is built from Ubuntu Precise Pangolin 12.04.1+ binary DEB packages, hence has binary compatibility with Ubuntu and access to the vast Ubuntu package repository. Couple that with Puppy's tiny size, speed and ease-of-use, and this is one incredible pup!

This is the very first release of Precise Puppy. It is assigned version 5.4 to indicate it's position relative to the other puppies, such as Wary 5.3 and Slacko 5.3.3 (5.4 coming soon).

A lot of work has happened at the "Woof-level" since the release of Wary 5.3 in April 2012 -- of particular importance to Precise are the many enhancements to the Puppy Package Manager (PPM). At the "Precise-level" there has been a very long period of testing and refinement, over several months.

As Ubuntu Precise Pangolin is a 5-year Long Term Supported release, we expect that Precise Puppy will be also.
Cheers,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(44.11 KiB) Downloaded 1364 times

Jim1911

Slacko beta 4

#35 Post by Jim1911 »

01micko's latest Slacko beta 4 is working great. Good news it that the latest Bibletime 2.9.1 can now be installed using the ppm. It also works great.
Thank you Mick.

Give it a try,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(59.61 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times

Jim1911

#36 Post by Jim1911 »

Pemasu's latest Dpup Wheezy is working great. It also has the capability to install the latest Bibletime using the ppm. Thank you Pemasu.

This is a fine core for your Bible Study OS,
Jim
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(55.21 KiB) Downloaded 848 times

Jim1911

Slacko 5.5 Final

#37 Post by Jim1911 »

01micko has released his latest Slacko 5.5 and it's working great. It also has the capability to install the latest Bibletime using the ppm. Thank you Mick.

This is a fine core for your Bible Study OS, :D
Jim
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(44.52 KiB) Downloaded 758 times

Jim1911

Upup Precise

#38 Post by Jim1911 »

Pemasu's latest Upup Precise is working great. It also has the capability to install the latest Xiphos using the ppm as does Barry's Precise.
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(45.64 KiB) Downloaded 708 times

Jim1911

Request for update to Bibletime 2.9.2

#39 Post by Jim1911 »

@All

The recent update of Bibletime 2.9.2 has fixed numerous bugs including one that eliminated text from Ubuntu Raring compatible pups. I've requested some developers to consider an update package to Bibletime 2.9.2 for their pups.

Regards,
Jim

Jim1911

Slacko 5.6

#40 Post by Jim1911 »

Mick has released the new Slacko-5.6. It continues to be an outstanding distribution and Mick has also updated Bibletime to the latest version 2.9.2 which corrects a number of bugs. Thank you Mick for your continued support.

Give it a try.
Attachments
image-2.jpg
(43.1 KiB) Downloaded 619 times