Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:53
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
(SOLVED) Using Bones and Woof2 request for screencast Fossil
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Author Message
veronicathecow


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 18:40    Post subject:  (SOLVED) Using Bones and Woof2 request for screencast Fossil
Subject description: Any chance someone could do a screencast about bones and woof?
 

SOLUTION
Oldyeller has slaved away burning the might L.E.D.s and made this brilliant instructional post
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81762
Many thanks oldyeller

I am trying to make a puppy based on Precise Puppy 5.4 with my own tweaks but am struggling and I find seeing someone doing it helps.
I have looked on youtube in the hope that someone has already done a tutorial of some kind but no luck. Any volunteers please?
Many Thanks

Last edited by veronicathecow on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 04:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
arcanis


Joined: 30 Oct 2011
Posts: 87
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:46    Post subject:  

#! plus one! (+1)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
oldyeller


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 801
Location: Mishawaka IN

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 14:00    Post subject: Re: Using Bones and Woof request for a screencast
Subject description: Any chance someone could do a screencast about bones and woof?
 

veronicathecow wrote:
I am trying to make a puppy based on Precise Puppy 5.4 with my own tweaks but am struggling and I find seeing someone doing it helps.
I have looked on youtube in the hope that someone has already done a tutorial of some kind but no luck. Any volunteers please?
Many Thanks


Hello veronicathecow & arcanis,

To build precise you will need to use woof2, This was not done with bones but with fossil.

Go here for How to http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/wiki?name=Getting+Started+with+Woof

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
veronicathecow


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:08    Post subject:  

Thanks oldyeller, didn't realise that. Have now got to stage 3? (Precise) Where you are selecting packages. Trouble is it seems to have locked up . I clicked on remove package with the puzzle game highlighted and for the last 10 minutes it has been showing high processor usage but the window remains blank although there seems to be HDD activity (3ghz quad core Athlon with 2 Gb RAM so it should fly). It's running on an ext4 not a 2 or 3 so I wonder if that's a problem? Will leave it a while longer. (Just came up with choose pet packages) so will continue.

I have tried to continue I have got a screen saying "Choose pet packages" Trouble is there are around 2500 packages and each one i choose is taking upto 10 seconds to move to the right panel and I can only pick one at a time.

Perhaps I can amend my request for a screen cast of woof2 instead?
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
oldyeller


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 801
Location: Mishawaka IN

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:45    Post subject:  

veronicathecow wrote:
Thanks oldyeller, didn't realise that. Have now got to stage 3? (Precise) Where you are selecting packages. Trouble is it seems to have locked up . I clicked on remove package with the puzzle game highlighted and for the last 10 minutes it has been showing high processor usage but the window remains blank although there seems to be HDD activity (3ghz quad core Athlon with 2 Gb RAM so it should fly). It's running on an ext4 not a 2 or 3 so I wonder if that's a problem? Will leave it a while longer. (Just came up with choose pet packages) so will continue.

I have tried to continue I have got a screen saying "Choose pet packages" Trouble is there are around 2500 packages and each one i choose is taking upto 10 seconds to move to the right panel and I can only pick one at a time.

Perhaps I can amend my request for a screen cast of woof2 instead?
Thanks


Give me until Saturday afternoon US Eastern time and I will do screenshots of woof2 so that you can do a build and take it from there.

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
veronicathecow


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Fri 26 Oct 2012, 03:23    Post subject:  

Hi oldyeller, yet another reason I love Puppy Linux, such a great community spirit Very Happy Many thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
oldyeller


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 801
Location: Mishawaka IN

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:34    Post subject:  

veronicathecow wrote:
Hi oldyeller, yet another reason I love Puppy Linux, such a great community spirit Very Happy Many thanks.


Here you are http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81762 hopes this will help you.

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
veronicathecow


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct 2012, 04:30    Post subject:  

Hi oldyeller, wow many many thanks for that it must have taken you hours.
At the moment it's sunny here so I have to get on with outdoor stuff but I will have a go this evening when it gets chilly.
Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0563s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0051s) ][ GZIP on ]