Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:53
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
(SOLVED) Using Bones and Woof2 request for screencast Fossil
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
veronicathecow

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct 2012, 18:40    Post subject:  (SOLVED) Using Bones and Woof2 request for screencast Fossil
Subject description: Any chance someone could do a screencast about bones and woof?

SOLUTION
Oldyeller has slaved away burning the might L.E.D.s and made this brilliant instructional post
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81762
Many thanks oldyeller

I am trying to make a puppy based on Precise Puppy 5.4 with my own tweaks but am struggling and I find seeing someone doing it helps.
I have looked on youtube in the hope that someone has already done a tutorial of some kind but no luck. Any volunteers please?
Many Thanks

Last edited by veronicathecow on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 04:35; edited 1 time in total
arcanis

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 13:46    Post subject:  

#! plus one! (+1)
oldyeller

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 14:00    Post subject: Re: Using Bones and Woof request for a screencast
Subject description: Any chance someone could do a screencast about bones and woof?

veronicathecow wrote:
I am trying to make a puppy based on Precise Puppy 5.4 with my own tweaks but am struggling and I find seeing someone doing it helps.
I have looked on youtube in the hope that someone has already done a tutorial of some kind but no luck. Any volunteers please?
Many Thanks

Hello veronicathecow & arcanis,

To build precise you will need to use woof2, This was not done with bones but with fossil.

Go here for How to http://bkhome.org/fossil/woof2.cgi/wiki?name=Getting+Started+with+Woof

Cheers
veronicathecow

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:08    Post subject:  

Thanks oldyeller, didn't realise that. Have now got to stage 3? (Precise) Where you are selecting packages. Trouble is it seems to have locked up . I clicked on remove package with the puzzle game highlighted and for the last 10 minutes it has been showing high processor usage but the window remains blank although there seems to be HDD activity (3ghz quad core Athlon with 2 Gb RAM so it should fly). It's running on an ext4 not a 2 or 3 so I wonder if that's a problem? Will leave it a while longer. (Just came up with choose pet packages) so will continue.

I have tried to continue I have got a screen saying "Choose pet packages" Trouble is there are around 2500 packages and each one i choose is taking upto 10 seconds to move to the right panel and I can only pick one at a time.

Perhaps I can amend my request for a screen cast of woof2 instead?
Thanks
oldyeller

PostPosted: Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:45    Post subject:  

veronicathecow wrote:
Thanks oldyeller, didn't realise that. Have now got to stage 3? (Precise) Where you are selecting packages. Trouble is it seems to have locked up . I clicked on remove package with the puzzle game highlighted and for the last 10 minutes it has been showing high processor usage but the window remains blank although there seems to be HDD activity (3ghz quad core Athlon with 2 Gb RAM so it should fly). It's running on an ext4 not a 2 or 3 so I wonder if that's a problem? Will leave it a while longer. (Just came up with choose pet packages) so will continue.

I have tried to continue I have got a screen saying "Choose pet packages" Trouble is there are around 2500 packages and each one i choose is taking upto 10 seconds to move to the right panel and I can only pick one at a time.

Perhaps I can amend my request for a screen cast of woof2 instead?
Thanks

Give me until Saturday afternoon US Eastern time and I will do screenshots of woof2 so that you can do a build and take it from there.

Cheers
veronicathecow

PostPosted: Fri 26 Oct 2012, 03:23    Post subject:  

Hi oldyeller, yet another reason I love Puppy Linux, such a great community spirit Very Happy Many thanks.
oldyeller

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:34    Post subject:  

veronicathecow wrote:
Hi oldyeller, yet another reason I love Puppy Linux, such a great community spirit Very Happy Many thanks.

Here you are http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81762 hopes this will help you.

Cheers
veronicathecow

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct 2012, 04:30    Post subject:  

Hi oldyeller, wow many many thanks for that it must have taken you hours.
At the moment it's sunny here so I have to get on with outdoor stuff but I will have a go this evening when it gets chilly.
Cheers!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: