Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 04:38
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Gyachi 1.2.2
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
sikpuppy

PostPosted: Thu 12 Nov 2009, 02:25    Post subject:  Gyachi 1.2.2
Subject description: Yahoo chat client

This is a compiled PET of the Yahoo chat client Gyachi.

I made it in the belief that it could be used for voice calls (I know a few people that use the Windows client for voice chat, it seems to be generally more reliable than MSN). It doesn't, but is still a mighty fine client, IMHO. If you do get the voice chat working I would be happy to know how Razz

Here's what you do: if you have difficulty getting the skydrive page up, it's because your browser is not recognised. This is easily fixed.

Do this: Click

Then download this: Gyachi-1.2.2.pet

Then click on the pet to install. Easy peasy. Enjoy!!

James.

sensu0s

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jul 2010, 12:43    Post subject:  

Ok perfect. It work fine on my lucid puppy 5.0.1.

I could login, surf chat rooms, Send IM's, change font colors and everything.

The voice chat feature works fine after adding the files tsd32.dll and tssoft.acm or tssoft32.acm to usr/lib/codecs. I got both these files from my windows xp system32 folder. I will try and upload them here.

It might be necessary to install wine before installing this app. However i am not sure whether it would work without it.
umair

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov 2012, 01:45    Post subject: Re: Gyachi 1.2.2

sikpuppy wrote:
This is a compiled PET of the Yahoo chat client Gyachi.

I made it in the belief that it could be used for voice calls (I know a few people that use the Windows client for voice chat, it seems to be generally more reliable than MSN). It doesn't, but is still a mighty fine client, IMHO. If you do get the voice chat working I would be happy to know how Razz

Here's what you do: if you have difficulty getting the skydrive page up, it's because your browser is not recognised. This is easily fixed.

Do this: Click

Then download this: Gyachi-1.2.2.pet

Then click on the pet to install. Easy peasy. Enjoy!!

James.

Hi sikpuppy:
I was using Gyachi on John's Teen Pup Mini for last year or so without any problems with video calls. But from last 2 or 3 days gyachi is not working and gave me thee error of "Incorrect ID or Password............" Sad
Really dont have any idea how to fix this:
If u or any other guy can help thn highly appreciated.
Regards
UMAIR
umair

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov 2012, 01:24    Post subject: Re: Gyachi 1.2.2

umair wrote:

Hi sikpuppy:
I was using Gyachi on John's Teen Pup Mini for last year or so without any problems with video calls. But from last 2 or 3 days gyachi is not working and gave me thee error of "Incorrect ID or Password............" Sad
Really dont have any idea how to fix this:
If u or any other guy can help thn highly appreciated.
Regards
UMAIR

Hello Everyone,
I discovered that if u are connecting to yahoo account using gyachi messenger and you have a complex password (with special characters) thn it will give you an error tht INCORRECT USER OR PASSWORD. But if u have not a complex password thn u can successfully login to ur yahoo account.
NOTE: You can only chat to those persons who are in ur buddy list as you can not access to yahoo chat rooms due to continuously changing of yahoo chat server policies.
Regards
UMAIR
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: