2.02 Geany Text Editor not shutting down

Please post any bugs you have found
ecomoney

2.02 Geany Text Editor not shutting down

#1 Post by ecomoney »

I edit text files a lot (being a php programmer!). I have just noticed that the latest puppy does not open a text file more than once without a reboot(?). I tried going into usr/local/bin and clicking on "defaulttexteditor" to try and start it manually.and got the message:-

Code: Select all

Geany is exiting because a named pipe was found. Mostly this is because geany is already running. If you know geany is not running you can delete the file and start feany anyway. Delete the named pipe and start geany anyway?
I dont know what a named pipe actually is but clicking on "yes" seems to make it work again until next time.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

MU

#2 Post by MU »

ecomoney

Yeek

#3 Post by ecomoney »

Sorry, lack of testing, when opening a a second text file, it adds it as a tab to Geany, rather than opening a new instance of it! The php templates seem to be missing though and it wont colourcode. Will try the updates and report back.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

deadeye

#4 Post by deadeye »

The update won't help.
The described behaviour is correct and intended.

To open files in a new instance, start Geany with the command line option -p. This disables the support of named pipes which are used to detect and use a running instance.

Please read the documentation for further information or ask me.

But I don't know why it doesn't colourize the second PHP file and I can't reproduce it.

regards,
Enrico

deadeye

#5 Post by deadeye »