Butterworth filter for 4.3.1? [solved]

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
mini-jaguar

Butterworth filter for 4.3.1? [solved]

#1 Post by mini-jaguar »

It's a low pass filter, and I have it on some Puppies, it gets installed as some dependencies, although I'm not sure what packages installed this.

Is it available in some .pet for 4.3.1?
Last edited by mini-jaguar on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Do you know where such a program can be found in any form? If you can give a URL where it can be found, someone will probably be glad to compile it and make it into a .pet for you.

mini-jaguar

#3 Post by mini-jaguar »

It's more of an audio plug-in.

I guess this is pretty close, although it's not exactly the same filters: http://users.suse.com/~mana/ladspa.html

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

Sorry mini-jaguar,

but i'm still none the wiser...i thought this would be a hware thingy, but can imagine it could be implemented in sware. you say you've had it in other
pupversions...can you give any more clues?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

I know that a Butterworth filter can be implemented in software. I don't know how though. :lol: It shouldn't be too hard to find programs. They may have a lot of variables that have to be defined.
Here's one page I found when I googled "Butterworth filter programs for Linux".

mini-jaguar

#6 Post by mini-jaguar »

O.k., I figured it out.

The Butterworth filters are SoX effects, there's a sox .pet in ibiblio in the Puppy 4 section, for example.

The ladspa effects (similar filters, just not the same ones) can be installed with a .pet like this one: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 649#323649 or you can even copy the ladspa folder from another puppy into /usr/lib.

But here's the catch: the mhwaveedit 1.4.16 included in 4.3.1 will not see either sox or ladspa effects. You have to update to 1.4.21. I was hoping not to have to do this because .20 and .21 crash a lot (although it's not that bad because they have a very good recovery system).