keyboard shortcut won't set -SOLVED

Booting, installing, newbie
wimpy

#1 Post by wimpy »

I've solved it. It was my own fault - not following the instructions properly. Everything was OK .
If possible please delete this thread.
LxXenial16.08, LxPupSc17.07.01,Lucid 5.2.8 and others - all frugal

Monsie

#2 Post by Monsie »

Wimpy,

Instead of asking that your post be deleted, why not re-write your problem and explain in detail the steps you took to solve it. That way, we can all learn something here, and all benefit from your experience. Forum members often link to other posts when offering help to others... and/or individuals will search the Forum for specific answers to problems, and I have no doubt that in future, someone will indeed ask for help with creating a custom keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for your consideration,
Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

wimpy

#3 Post by wimpy »

Thanks for the advice. The reason I asked for this thread to be deleted was because I was sure that it would serve no purpose as a help to others. For approximately 10-15 min I could not set a keyboard shortcut. and posted a message - I now wish I hadn't been so quick of the mark. I had to leave the PC (TV football (soccer to the north-Americans) was about to start), so I shutdown puppy. On returning and booting I found that everything was normal - I could set shortcut keys galore. Apart from the reboot I did nothing. I can't reproduce the effect and nothing seems to be broken. I assumed it was my fault and that I was doing something wrong but I had set shortcut keys before and since without any problems.
Regards
wimpy
LxXenial16.08, LxPupSc17.07.01,Lucid 5.2.8 and others - all frugal