Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Nov 2014, 03:50
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Author Message
nic007

Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 04:20    Post_subject:  Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
Sub_title: Link to download Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
 

Looking to download a barebones version of Puppy 4.3.1. Can't find it anywhere.

Any links?

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Tote


Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 231
Location: South Wales

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 04:45    Post_subject:  

Here's one, scroll down the page http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyVersion

EDIT; Yeah, that's not 431, sorry, just saw that, should have read your post properly.

Edited_time_total
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
nic007

Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 04:52    Post_subject:  

Tote wrote:
Here's one, scroll down the page http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyVersion


Barebones 431? Can't see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Tote


Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 231
Location: South Wales

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 05:01    Post_subject:  

Another link, but I can't find barebones 431 version, is there a 431 version??

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Barebones
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
nic007

Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 05:18    Post_subject:  

Tote wrote:
Another link, but I can't find barebones 431 version, is there a 431 version??

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Barebones


There must be a Barebones 431 somewhere, some puplets like browserpuppy were built from it. Reckon it should be around 65Mb in size. I've downloaded Barebones 412 the other day which is 57Mb in size and built a nice little puplet from it, all and all 77Mb in size (including Opera 11 with flash, Mplayer, Abiword, Numeric and few other smaller applications included). Really a good stand-alone custom-built little system. Now, want to do the same with Barebones 431 as base.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Tote


Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 231
Location: South Wales

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 06:18    Post_subject:  

Gah!! my eyes are going to explode, I've been looking, the smallest I've found is this http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/puppylinux/puppy-4.3.1/special-puppies/

96MB.

(Someone else will probably come along and point you right to it.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
nic007

Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 06:33    Post_subject:  

Tote wrote:
Gah!! my eyes are going to explode, I've been looking, the smallest I've found is this http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/puppylinux/puppy-4.3.1/special-puppies/

96MB.

(Someone else will probably come along and point you right to it.)


Cheers. That is the official Puppy 431 (Small) release which I am actually using at the moment. Only a few old dial-up drivers have been removed and it's about 8mb smaller than the official puppy 431 with all the drivers. The Barebones one must be about 65Mb in size as said before. Thanks for your help though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
RetroTechGuy


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2669
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 11:49    Post_subject: Re: Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
Sub_title: Link to download Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
 

nic007 wrote:
Looking to download a barebones version of Puppy 4.3.1. Can't find it anywhere.

Any links?

Thanks


Would this be the one?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=51435

Edit:
Oops, sorry. I just noticed that it on the old puppylinux.ca site (now defunct).

Let me look in my collection of junk and see if I have a copy of it.

Edit 2:
The thread has a link to what appears to be your file:

http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/choicepup/BareBones431/

_________________
Add swapfile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
nic007

Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov 2012, 11:59    Post_subject: Re: Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
Sub_title: Link to download Barebones Puppy 4.3.1
 

RetroTechGuy wrote:
nic007 wrote:
Looking to download a barebones version of Puppy 4.3.1. Can't find it anywhere.

Any links?

Thanks


Would this be the one?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=51435

Edit:
Oops, sorry. I just noticed that it on the old puppylinux.ca site (now defunct).

Let me look in my collection of junk and see if I have a copy of it.

Edit 2:
The thread has a link to what appears to be your file:

http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/choicepup/BareBones431/


Yes, looks like it. Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0596s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0046s) ][ GZIP on ]