Getting a projection device working with Puppy

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
8-bit

Getting a projection device working with Puppy

#1 Post by 8-bit »

I recently got a used projection device that hooks up to the monitor connector on back of a laptop.
I was able to get it to work with Win XP using the function keys to select LCD and external monitor combination.
But I so far have been unable to get it to work with Puppy.
The same video hardware is used in both cases of internal and external and only the monitor type would differ.
And the function key software that selects the external monitor is not available in Puppy.
So how does one select an external monitor/projector in Puppy?

Laie

#2 Post by Laie »

Well, I just connect the projection device to the laptop, start the beamer (the german way to name projection devices :P ) first and next the laptop. Slacko does everything else. The resolution of the projection device rules the resolution of the laptop screen.

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

Evidently, the function key for external video is needed to route the video card output to the external port. That port does not seem to be active unless I select it in windows and I cannot see how to select the external port in Puppy since it does not seem to see the function key software needed to make that external port active.
So I guess my next question is how does one make the external port active in Puppy?

technosaurus

#4 Post by technosaurus »

8-bit wrote:Evidently, the function key for external video is needed to route the video card output to the external port. That port does not seem to be active unless I select it in windows and I cannot see how to select the external port in Puppy since it does not seem to see the function key software needed to make that external port active.
So I guess my next question is how does one make the external port active in Puppy?
its usually Function(Fn)+f8
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].