Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Jul 2014, 19:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Recommended reading for Puppy/Linux?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
papahonk

PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:36    Post subject:  Recommended reading for Puppy/Linux?
Subject description: next steps reading

Hello, i have Lupu 528 running off a 32 G thumbdrive on a Acer AO751h with the oh so wonderful Rolling Eyes poulsbo vid chip.
i downloaded the pdf book for puppy but, after reading it seems to be just a nice overview with nothing really in-depth. I have no internet at home and cant get to local library very often. maybe once a week Crying or Very sad I can check my email on my phone once im out of the blackhole that my home sits in. its hard to read anything on a phone and my boss and DOT would pitch a fit if i tried to do anything with my phone while i drove. its around a 2k fine for the driver and i think a 5 k fine for employer if caught using phone in com. vehicle. so it stays in scout till work is done. well back to the main point i need something i can read in my blackhole er home that is is there anything you folks would/could recommend pdf of bound book dont matter just need be little more in-depth
I started here looking for why the little ram meter went up and never back down and as it went up the slower things seemed to be. I was hoping there was someway of flushing ram once i was done with what i was doing. I then could do something different without rebooting

thank you for any help
Mike in Kansas
muggins

PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2012, 22:52    Post subject:  

Hello papahonk,

I don't know about any pup pdf's, but suspect, when you talk about the ram meter, you're referring to the green thingy, in bottom right corner, which actually shows how much free space is left in your save file. If so, please see this thread for some ideas about this.

Regarding poulsbo graphics, if you have gma500 chip, this thread might interest you.
disciple

PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov 2012, 23:10    Post subject:  

What sort of information are you actually looking for? We could probably point you to some good information on certain topics e.g. the Linux filesystem hierarchy or bash scripting. But it sounds like you are looking for some sort of general "learn more about Puppy" topic.
- - -
Beware the demented serfers!
cowboy

PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov 2012, 20:54    Post subject: beginner reading  

hello,

As a new beginner, I found the following site, set up by longtime member pa_mcclamrock, to be helpful reading about setting up puppy and how it works: look to the links on the right side for information:

http://www.pa-mcclamrock.com/icebox.html

And there is always Barry's site, for info straight from the horse's mouth (as it were):

http://puppylinux.com/

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Beginners Help ( Start Here)
Jump to: