netbook that works with pupppy

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
loyal

netbook that works with pupppy

#1 Post by loyal »

I am posting this due to the experience that is out there and my experience of buying a lenovo s205 that I never could get linux and windows to work together.

Any suggestions as I go shopping? (while my wife is willing to allow me to) I love Dell but in Thailand they are expensive. I dont even know if they have a netbook version.

Thanks
Loyal

ozsouth

Ones to avoid

#2 Post by ozsouth »

Suggest avoiding any with radeon/nvidia video or broadcom wireless. These have had major config difficulties in puppy. Suggest choosing one with atheros wireless & intel video.
I've had lots of problems with the HP Pavilion dm1-4018, which is very similar to the Lenovo s205. Racy522 worked after lots of tweaks.

jsl06

netbooks

#3 Post by jsl06 »

I am using a lenovo thinkpad with which I am well satisfied, I was surprised that it came with ntfs installed. Since I cannot write to windows from linux. I use usb flash drives which are fat 32. I have read that others have had problems when the tried to instsall to a windows ntfs partition (I use puppy on a flash drive). The next time I will make sure that fat 32 or fat 64 is the system used in windows.
James