LEAP authentication wifi

rsedan

LEAP authentication wifi

#1 Post by rsedan »

Hi, Guys,

A noob here, like to think of myself as a slightly-advanced beginner.

My school has wifi with LEAP authentication, WPA2 Enterprise encryption, which requires both a username and a password.

I cannot figure out how to get Puppy to connect to it.

I have searched and found a reference to a configuration file which, when edited, can address this. However, there is no clear indication within the resource of how to do it.

Can I download a client to connect to this network, or use one of the existing wireless clients? I have tried all of the wireless clients in puppy, with different computers/wireless cards, with three or four different versions of puppy. No dice.

Thanks in advance!

rsedan

tempestuous

#2 Post by tempestuous »

rsedan

#3 Post by rsedan »

Thanks. I should have been more clear. That is the source that I have already consulted. Perhaps it is my noobishness, but I have looked at that README file, and it is not clear to me how to proceed; perhaps someone can clarify?

I do not see a specific edit for "LEAP", and the "catch all" example claims to be for testing purposes only, AND does not have an entry for LEAP.

I have a feeling I am simply ignorant about something simple, but I have tried to figure this out and cannot. Can someone who has succeeded with connecting in this manner please clarify? Forgive my noob ways.

Thanks!

-Ricardo

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Is this article useful?

Look for the wpa_supplicant.conf file in /etc/network-wizard/wireless/wpa_profiles.

rsedan

#5 Post by rsedan »

rcrsn51 wrote:Is this article useful?

Look for the wpa_supplicant.conf file in /etc/network-wizard/wireless/wpa_profiles.
Thank you! That looks much more helpful - I will try it out when I am back in school this week.

Cheers,

rsedan