Imagination, ManDVD, Glabels for Wary 5.3?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
walter leonardo

Imagination, ManDVD, Glabels for Wary 5.3?

#1 Post by walter leonardo »

Last edited by walter leonardo on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

It might help if you told us where to find them. :)

Monsie

Imagination, ManDVD,Glabels for Wary 5.3?

#3 Post by Monsie »

Hi Walter,

I run Wary 5.3 and have compiled a few programs for it. Unfortunately, I was not able to compile the source code for any of the applications that you requested... mainly due to missing dependencies that in turn would not compile in Wary, or there were simply too many dependencies as is the case for Glabels, --an office type utility for the Gnome desktop.

Suggestions

If you want to create labels, you could try OpenOffice for Wary which you can get over here.

If you want a DVD Slideshow program, I found a cross platform application which is described here but you need Java in order to run it.

Hope this helps,
Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

walter leonardo

#4 Post by walter leonardo »

and DVDStyler?

vicmz

#5 Post by vicmz »

Don570 had compiled Imagination some time ago:
https://m.box.com/view_shared/56d8287bdd729f2801bd
If the link doesn't work, click on my signature, press CTRL+F and type 'imagination', that will show the download link.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

walter leonardo

#6 Post by walter leonardo »

Victor lo probe en wary 5.3.90 y no me funciona, la version 1.5 si me funciono :D .
Pero sigo sin tener un programa para hacer los menu de los DVDs :cry:

vicmz

#7 Post by vicmz »

walter leonardo wrote:lo probe en wary 5.3.90 y no me funciona, la version 1.5 si me funciono :D .
Pero sigo sin tener un programa para hacer los menu de los DVDs :cry:
I tested it on Wary 5.3.90 and doesn't work, version 1.5 did work to me :D .
But I'm still without a program to make the menus of the DVDs :cry:

Have you tried DVDstyler?:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=46059
Last edited by vicmz on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

walter leonardo

#8 Post by walter leonardo »

If I tried it and I could not run.

vicmz

#9 Post by vicmz »

¿Y si pruebas con Retro-Precise?
How about trying Retro-Precise?

http://www.taringa.net/posts/linux/1589 ... 5_4_1.html

También puede ser tu máquina, hacer DVDs es algo muy pesado para máquinas viejas.
It may also be your machine, making DVDs is something very heavy for old machines.
Last edited by vicmz on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

walter leonardo

#10 Post by walter leonardo »

Es que yo quiero usar Wary porque me gusta mas wary y es mas rapido y estable que los demas y mi pc si puede crear DVDs con menu porque no es tan vieja y los DVDs con menu los hago en winXP.

Seria bueno que alguien se ponga hacer o compilar programas para Wary ya que la mayoria son para sistemas que son compatibles con ubuntu, como lucid y precise y para el real puppy no hay muchos paquetes.
Se interesan mas en los demas sistemas que en el puppy real :cry: .

vicmz

#11 Post by vicmz »

walter leonardo wrote:Es que yo quiero usar Wary porque me gusta mas wary y es mas rapido y estable que los demas y mi pc si puede crear DVDs con menu porque no es tan vieja y los DVDs con menu los hago en winXP.

Seria bueno que alguien se ponga hacer o compilar programas para Wary ya que la mayoria son para sistemas que son compatibles con ubuntu, como lucid y precise y para el real puppy no hay muchos paquetes.
Se interesan mas en los demas sistemas que en el puppy real :cry: .
It's that I want to use Wary because I like Wary the most and is faster and more stable than the others and my PC can create DVDs with menus because it isn't that old and I make the DVDs with menus on WinXP.

It'd be good that someone gets to make or compile programs for Wary for most [applications] are for systems that are compatible with Ubuntu, such as Lucid and Precise and for the real Puppy there aren't many packages.
They're more interested in the other systems than in the real Puppy :cry: .

Buen punto. A veces quisiera poder compilar programas yo mismo. Quizá eso cambie un poco cuando continúen el desarrollo de Wary 5.4 y pongan el mismo interés para hacer programas compatibles con Wary. Sin embargo, ten en cuenta que algunos programas son difíciles de compilar, y detrás de cada nombre de usuario hay una persona que necesita trabajar, comer y dormir, por eso la paciencia es muy importante.
Good point. Sometimes I wish I could compile programs by myself. Maybe that changes a little bit when they continue the development of Wary 5.4 and put the same interest in making programs compatible with Wary. However, have in mind that some programs are difficult to compile, and behind every user name there's a person who needs to work, eat and sleep, that's why patience is very important.

Pelo

Imagination 2.1 nice with Puppy Linux 528 (es nite fluxbox)

#12 Post by Pelo »

Diaporama exported to flv youtube (first tests)
hay better !
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(73.86 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 05:57, edited 2 times in total.

don570

#13 Post by don570 »

I was able to get imagination to work in Lucid and Slacko I believe.

If you are interested in animations the best program is Blender.

Here is a simple example that takes only a few minutes to create.
(mtpaint was used for background and uv mapping.)

-low frame rate to save space

Pelo

glabels txz : txz ???

#14 Post by Pelo »

Imagination works, i have used it.
Glabels > TXZ how do you do
I read about alien2pup old program which will make pet. I will try it with glabels.txz . I dont need glabels, but i need to know if alien2pup is a nice tool.

Pelo

Imagination : diaporama format DVD vorbis

#15 Post by Pelo »

Clic on the blue, please.
diaporama vob

Pelo

LP2_GLabels2281.sfs - 18-Feb-2013 18:46 3.2M

#16 Post by Pelo »

LP2_GLabels2281.sfs - 18-Feb-2013 18:46 3.2M
Topic here